Panic Buying Over Yet?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Dogslayer
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Panic Buying Over Yet?

Post by Dogslayer »

If you reload and buy plenty of powder, primers and bullets you are immune to the panic. JMHO

Harrier

Post by Harrier »

Suck My Glock wrote: August 20th, 2020, 7:54 am ... I have a G23 with the 9mm conversion barrel. I almost never shoot it in .40, and just keep the original barrel as a back-up caliber for what if.
I did this with my M&P and XD - buy the .40 version and get the 9mm conversion barrel... you can't go the other way around and in a pinch 40 mags will usually work with 9mm (except the last round).
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

AZ1182 wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:18 am
Dogslayer wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:43 am If you reload and buy plenty of powder, primers and bullets you are immune to the panic. JMHO
There is a whole lot of truth to this.
I think really the key this time is primers. I can cast my own slugs, I’ve got brass. Powder and primers...
DRTDIVR

Re: Just did some checking.

Post by DRTDIVR »

Jager wrote: August 22nd, 2020, 11:29 pm 9mm is out most places. As is 45 ACP and .223/5.56. Everything is .60 to .70 a round for brassed case if you can find it. More remanufactured stuff is showing up - which is to be expected. Wish the manufacturers would step up their game. SG Ammo had about 15-20 cases of .223 this morning. It's gone now. A little of the expensive stuff is left. Never seen this in my lifetime - and didn't expect I ever would.

Someone is expecting violence.

Suspect they're right.

Hope they're wrong.
How much is SG Ammo charging for those cases of .223?
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

3 weeks ago they were .50 cents per round. 1 week ago they were .60 cents per round. I think they were getting .75 cents per round for the last ones.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Dogslayer wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 3:43 am If you reload and buy plenty of powder, primers and bullets you are immune to the panic. JMHO
Absolutely true. I take care of the inventory of powder, primers and bullets and Mrs. Flash takes care of rimfire needs.

We shoot as much as we want whenever we want, at least twice a week.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

https://www.armslist.com/posts/12339367 ... condition-

Whew ... That's a bit high! I had a couple sigma's back a bit. Liked em ok ... Not an $800 gun!!
glock holiday

Post by glock holiday »

Boriqua wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:19 pm https://www.armslist.com/posts/12339367 ... condition-

Whew ... That's a bit high! I had a couple sigma's back a bit. Liked em ok ... Not an $800 gun!!
I’ll I had to see was CLIPS :snooty:
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

my pm box is blowing up over the powder, ,primers and misc. units for sale, lotsa viewers, and a few takers, but most of the common good stuff is gone, and prices had to go up to reflect replacement costs, sucks, as i really wanted to get rid of this stuff, tired of storing things i probably won't use before i croak. :o
samnev

Post by samnev »

I thought I over bought. But now I'm glad I did. I have enough powder, primers and projos to last me 10 lifetimes.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

samnev wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:34 am I thought I over bought. But now I'm glad I did. I have enough powder, primers and projos to last me 10 lifetimes.
I thought I was more than well covered but now I am questioning my commitment ... should have stocked up deeper.

I am not worried about having enough ammo to beat back the hordes of pasty, out of shape, antifa mobs but ... I really enjoy shooting for shootings sake as does the wife and it would be a bummer if we couldnt go at least twice a month to send some bullets down range because I couldn't produce anymore range fodder.

No where near panic mode yet but .. I sure would like to see primers at the online shops again. Makes me a bit nervous. I can get bullets and powder and have plenty brass especially since I shot a lot of revolver and you recover 100% of your brass but ... primers are no where and guess who the leading producer of lead is

https://investingnews.com/daily/resourc ... countries/
1. China

Mine production: 2.4 million MT

China produced 2.4 million MT of lead last year, up slightly from its 2016 output of 2.34 million MT. Interestingly, the increase came even as the country suffered mine and smelter closures.

According to Reuters, those ongoing shutdowns across China contributed to the lead price rise at the end of 2017, and production of the metal is expected to fall further in the future due to pollution problems and environmental inspections. Stockpiles have been dwindling as a result, and production numbers could be lower in 2018.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Tenring

Post by Tenring »

samnev wrote: August 24th, 2020, 7:34 am I thought I over bought. But now I'm glad I did. I have enough powder, primers and projos to last me 10 lifetimes.
You sir, are an Oak :clap:
cover-me
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by cover-me »

its crazy out there
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

I think it's crazy that this happens every 4-5 years. In between ammo & guns hits a low point before it spikes up again.