super sweet secret shooting spot

Discuss ammunition and reloading topics here.
martyd
ArizonaShooting.org Member

super sweet secret shooting spot

Post by martyd »

Hi,

Where is "super sweet secret shooting spot"?

What is "super sweet secret shooting spot?

Thanks,
Marty

Suck My Glock

Re: super sweet secret shooting spot

Post by Suck My Glock »

Your wife says you can't find the spot with a map. :icon-lol: :dance:
sckottiey
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by sckottiey »

Don’t ask people here are not interested in helping. If your really need a place to shoot I’ll recommend Table Mesa Road just north of Anthem.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

sckottiey wrote: April 27th, 2021, 9:09 am Don’t ask people here are not interested in helping. If your really need a place to shoot I’ll recommend Table Mesa Road just north of Anthem.
I think that you'll find a lot of helpful people on this board and in the broader gun community. If someone does have a "super sweet secret shooting spot", they won't broadcast it on the internet though. That's not being helpful. That's just stupid. That's like giving up your hunting or fishing spot. You take the wrong person, and the next thing you know it's overrun when word spreads. No thanks.

Like sckottiey mentioned, Table Mesa is an established shooting area that you can go to. It's not super secret by any means, but you can go before the fire restrictions kick in.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

It's that rad, dope-arific piece of the desert where all your blasting dreams come true. Just minutes away, no trash, no crowds, great backstops, no fuzz. It's right past the joint where they sell 9mm for $0.21 a round and small pistol primers for $20/1000. No mask required. All you gotta do is ask on an internet forum. Tannerite Kid will tell ya.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

sckottiey wrote: April 27th, 2021, 9:09 am Don’t ask people here are not interested in helping. If your really need a place to shoot I’ll recommend Table Mesa Road just north of Anthem.

It isn't that we aren't interested in helping. It just seems that 3/5 of people that go to spots are complete dingleberry asshats that can't clean up after themselves and trash places - then b**** and moan when the spots get shut down.

Personally,I think these people that trash the spots and can't clean up after themselves should be lined up, shot, and then let the 'yotes dispose of the bodies.

That is why no one here tells their favorite spots. Because people can't be trusted to be decent and respectful towards the luxuries we have when it comes to using the land to shoot on.

Buy a land map and find your own spots. It isn't rocket science - and clean up after yourself and those with you.
What

Post by What »

martyd wrote: April 27th, 2021, 8:51 am Hi,

Where is "super sweet secret shooting spot"?

What is "super sweet secret shooting spot?

Thanks,
Marty
Buy a land you can afford to buy that are 1 mile away from any building (preferably civilization ). Enjoy building into your own shooting range. 8-)
thom

Post by thom »

"Personally,I think these people that trash the spots and can't clean up after themselves should be lined up, shot, and then let the 'yotes dispose of the bodies.

That is why no one here tells their favorite spots. Because people can't be trusted to be decent and respectful towards the luxuries we have when it comes to using the land to shoot on".
I agree.

Last Monday I went to my spot and cleaned up over 500 empty brass and 3 garbage bags full of trash. The brass was ok, but the boxes, bottles and cans filled up the garbage bags.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

More than half of Arizona is public land.
There is no reason you can't find a spot to shoot or do whatever it is you want to do here.
Get out and look around.
Old Jeff H

Post by Old Jeff H »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: April 27th, 2021, 11:54 am More than half of Arizona is public land.
There is no reason you can't find a spot to shoot or do whatever it is you want to do here.
Get out and look around.
My thoughts exactly. There are almost limitless spots to shoot in this state.
RufusXG

Post by RufusXG »

I used to have a fantastic spot when I lived on the west side of town. Pretty easy to access, though part of the road got a little rutted over the years. I was always surprised no one else had appeared to know about it, over maybe 10 years of using it frequently there was someone passing through not even half a dozen times, and none of them were shooting. I didn't keep it a super secret, took various folks there over the years. Then, like all good things, it came to an end for reasons unrelated to the shooting part.

But I originally found it by getting a map and driving around. Still do it that way today, though the places I shoot now are anything but secrets lol.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

AZ1182 wrote: April 27th, 2021, 12:18 pm
I've noticed that too with this forum.
That hasn't been my experience at all. Hell, I've seen you being really helpful AZ1182, in addition to a ton of other great members here.

As for you sckottiey, I think the reason that you're facing opposition on your other thread is that it comes across similar to bots we've seen popping up on the site. You set up a new account in the middle of the night, and you have bad punctuation/grammar (no judgment... just a common comparison to the bots). And, you asked a question about selling items that could come across as baiting members on the site. Hopefully, you can forgive your cold introduction and give us another chance.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Well, nobody here likes you, so................
hairygreek

Post by hairygreek »

Since you posted under ammo and reloading... make some rounds with only primers (or primer .22lr) and shoot in your back yard.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Rock Hardson wrote: April 27th, 2021, 1:59 pm
Well, nobody here likes you, so................
PRICELESS :D