Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

Post by Suck My Glock »

mrbogangles

Re: Demostrators marching into burbs, looking to get shot

Post by mrbogangles »

This will not end well if this continues.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

That's a pretty elaborate 'home' they have -almost looks like an old court house or federal building... I hope they both know how to use those and not just wave them around. All the comments I read support their actions, as do I... in principal.

I've always said, watch what happens in the cities first...

ETA, Just showing that they were armed, at a low ready would have been enough of a deterrent... by being outside their house and pointing them at the demon strators they were effectively brandishing and could probably be charged with a crime - not the outcome they wanted I'm sure. Y'all are right- they likely don't know squat about guns, when and how to use them or even hit a target. but I'm sure they saw some on TV...
Last edited by Harrier on June 29th, 2020, 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

bet they weren't looted tho....
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

That lady scared the s*** out of me simply the way she held that thing around. Betcha nuts to gold she hasn't fired it more than a handful of times and simply got it because as a comfort blanket. He seemed at least somewhat familiar with the ar the way he held it and his trigger finger.

I dont fault people for wanting to protect themselves but before you point or display it you better be able to describe a literal belief of threat of death or severe bodily harm as likely some of these kool-aid drinkers will be on your jury.
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

That lady is a wild eyed moron.
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

Both are morons.

You can tell they never took any firearms course. Muzzle awareness was all over the place.

It's a good thing nothing happened as this could have been a very bad situation.
DrEarlCordova wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:35 am That lady is a wild eyed moron.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Ding ding ding we have a winner
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

mrbogangles wrote: June 29th, 2020, 8:48 am Both are morons.

You can tell they never took any firearms course. Muzzle awareness was all over the place.

It's a good thing nothing happened as this could have been a very bad situation.

Most people dont, they buy it, MAYBE, shoot it at a range, read the book on taking it apart and declare themselves competent.
thom

Post by thom »

Here is what MSN had to say.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/misso ... d=msedgntp

I always believe in peaceful protesters! Just stay out of MY NIEGHBORHOOD.
thom

Post by thom »

Here is what MSN had to say.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/misso ... d=msedgntp

I always believe in peaceful protesters! Just stay out of MY NIEGHBORHOOD.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

I would think breaking through a secured iron gate to be the opposite of peaceful, just my humble opinion. Definitely reason to be concerned and watchful, as it was on a neighborhood and not immediate entrance into private home, however still a bit short of resson to point a firearm.

If they would have been charged by the crowd and were forced to defend themselves I'm not sure which way the jury would go. You cant put yourself in a position to have to use deadly force but you also cant rush and assault someone.... would be an interesting court case for sure. Just my opinion
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

Best place for this sh*t to happen is in these high dollar neighborhoods. They don't defend themselves and get looted or worse or they defend themselves, rioters/looters die and a precedent is set. These people have the money for attorneys should they need em. The rich stand up and take notice. The rich put the politicians on notice which puts the cops on notice to as Barney Fife so eloquently put it "Nip it in the Bud".

The way I see it either way is a win win to remain a law and order community and good for the pro2a community when it send guns sales off the charts. Better a high dollar hood than the working mans hood.jmho
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Lobo2087 wrote: June 29th, 2020, 9:36 am I would think breaking through a secured iron gate to be the opposite of peaceful, just my humble opinion. Definitely reason to be concerned and watchful, as it was on a neighborhood and not immediate entrance into private home, however still a bit short of resson to point a firearm.

If they would have been charged by the crowd and were forced to defend themselves I'm not sure which way the jury would go. You cant put yourself in a position to have to use deadly force but you also cant rush and assault someone.... would be an interesting court case for sure. Just my opinion
Not sure what the laws there are, but if it's true that they broke onto private property they may legally be in their rights. How would a prosecutor or jury look at it in the context of the current climate who knows. Being legally right and being found innocent are sometimes two different things. Brandishing could potentially apply, but again not sure what the laws for being on private property are. Perhaps it could be argued it's a defensive display? Obviously the optics don't look good given the s*** trigger discipline and form and the emotions on display. Not saying that I'd be a cool hand luke/high speed low drag mofo when faced with what I'm sure they thought were overwhelming odds.
Last edited by SecretV on June 29th, 2020, 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Husband and wife are both PI lawyers, operating their law practice out of their palatial home.
You got your lawyers; you got your guns; you got your money. Quick, somebody call Hank Williams, Jr.!