Hello all

This is the forum to visit to introduce yourself, ask basic questions regarding this community, the AZS.org site or general questions that you feel might be something that someone who is new to this site or firearms might ask. You will not be flamed or attacked in this forum for your questions.
DoctorB
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Hello all

Post by DoctorB »

Hello, I’ve recently returned to Arizona after living a few years in some rotten city in the northeast. I’m a longtime firearms enthusiast and joined mainly to access the classified ads. I’m looking forward to getting back to shooting on a regular basis.

zonie77
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Hello all

Post by zonie77 »

Welcome back. Is it a lot different from when you left? Where NE were you and about how long? Welcome back and you came just in time for the summer weather LOL.
electrohawk

Post by electrohawk »

Welcome aboard!
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Welcome DoctorB
goodaim

Post by goodaim »

What ya going to buy for your first welcome back present to yourself? :)
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Welcome Doc!
goodaim wrote: June 7th, 2020, 1:22 pm What ya going to buy for your first welcome back present to yourself? :)
I think he should follow my own personal rules the multiple times I've left for long periods and returned to AZ. Buy something absolutely ridiculous. Something in a caliber that you will probably never carry or shoot regularly, just to have it.

Then get something you like that you will carry a bunch. Then get a TON of ammo for it :lol:
curt1950
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by curt1950 »

A ton of ammo ? at the prices right now hope he has money.
the1_roadrunner

Post by the1_roadrunner »

Watch yourself. Joining this site simply for the classifieds is frowned upon. The idea of the site is for members to participate in community discussion. If you're a gun nut and like to talk about them you'll be fine.

ETA- to add...... No liberals allowed! Bahahahahaha
DoctorB

Post by DoctorB »

Hello again, I seem to have forgotten about this site and neglected to reply.

I has been living in New Jersey, in the New York City area. I had a New Jersey “permit to carry” so I did concealed carry there, and when I got there Chris Christie was still governor and >10 round magazines were allowed. Gun culture wise, things are a bit different in NJ - there’s far less appreciation for freedom but some people do have some very nice guns. There’s a tremendous concentration of very wealthy people in NY/NJ so I managed to see a few fancy things I’ve never seen around here.

I decided to drive from NYC to AZ because I didn’t want to ship my guns and ammo, and I managed to visit Brownells and the original Cabela’s along the way. At the time (June 2020) 9x19 was plentiful, and I picked up a 1200 rounds at a Cabelas in Nebraska because it was on sale - only when I arrived in Arizona did I learn about the ammo shortage.

When I resolved to move to AZ in 2019 I also promised myself that I’d start shooting at least 1000 rounds a month. Of course, that hasn’t happened.
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Better late than never!

I've made the same commitment of 1000 rounds a few times in the past, only to have life get in the way. If only it was still just life getting in the way!
zonie77

Post by zonie77 »

I haven't committed to 1000 rounds a month but occasionally did that. Now I'm overreacting and barely shooting. I have to get out!!!
DoctorB

Post by DoctorB »

I joined Cowtown soon after I got here and I think I’ve managed to go about 5 times since then. With the way things are going, it’s tough to decide if I should shoot my ammo or keep it as a retirement investment.