Sales tax at PSA and SGAmmo

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Gatsby
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Sales tax at PSA and SGAmmo

Post by Gatsby »

I haven't had time to reload 9mm, so I went to place an order with SGAmmo and they added in sales tax, and so did Palmetto State Armory. I last placed orders from both in late September. I just find it odd that they both started at (or around) the same time. Is anyone aware of the state recently enforcing this, and is it happening for non-firearm/ammo sites as well?

QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Sales tax at PSA and SGAmmo

Post by QuietM4 »

Yep. It started Oct 1. Every internet order will have it now.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Pretty soon everyone will be doing it.
It makes the good deals , not so good anymore.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

It's happening all over the country.

You didnt think that states would ignore that money forever did you?

On the other hand it might help local businesses.

Then again copes is going under so it could be hurting places like that along with a softer market. No reason to pay tax n shipping if it's the same at home.

Roger Cope laid off all his staff and is closing the buisness.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Will only benefit Internet dealers in no sales tax states. I don't know of any, yet.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

They will be attempting them to collect sales tax for the state the buyer resides in soon, if not already forced to by a couple libtard states. I mean if they, NY and Cali, are already collecting "income" taxes from sports players who reside out of state and only spend a few hours in their state for games who knows what they will try. Pols are evil bastards and their constituents are brain dead at times or they wouldnt allow such stuff.

And dont forget some form of national internet sales tax or a VAT of some sort. Free s*** ain't free.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

YNOTAZ wrote: October 11th, 2019, 5:48 am Will only benefit Internet dealers in no sales tax states. I don't know of any, yet.
The sellers must collect sales tax for the buyers home state...it will only help you if you live in a state with no sales tax.

Last year the U.S. Supreme Court ruled on a case that changed the law regarding sales tax collection for e-commerce transactions by out-of-state sellers.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Crippledtrigger wrote: October 11th, 2019, 5:43 am On the other hand it might help local businesses.
Doubtful. Local businesses don't have the buying power of the big boys, say Target Sports USA. Since I now have to pay sales tax to both, I'm still going to order it from the dealer that has the best price. Example, I just ordered a case of Fed GMM from Target Sports USA. Yes I paid sales tax, but the ammo was $5 cheaper per box than any local dealer, shipped free to my door. PSA is still going to be less expensive than any local dealer by far.
Solar_Empire

Post by Solar_Empire »

Makes me glad I bulk ordered a few weeks ago in September...

Even if I would drive to local stores like UN and skip the shipping costs SGammo is still cheaper.

Just more money out of the pockets of the Middle and Lower classes.
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Thanks everyone. As long as it's across the board and not just targeting firearm and ammo dealers, then I can't really complain.

I have enough components to last the rest of my life. This will force me to stop being so lazy and just get to it. Ah well... better go blow the dust off my 650.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Yup I was surprised when I just made a purchase on ebay and it was taxed. Kinda takes the fun out of it. :(

Ebay had a list of states which included Arizona so I dont know that it is all sales tax states but.. it would seem the party is over. Drag
hairygreek

Post by hairygreek »

Right now sgammo's mirror site https://ammoempire.com/ doesn't have tax. I heard it only affected companies with certain size volume...
Flash

Post by Flash »

I'm finding with Amazon and other internet purchases that I do that some companies charge the tax and some don't. I have no idea why.
bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

hairygreek wrote: October 11th, 2019, 1:07 pm Right now sgammo's mirror site https://ammoempire.com/ doesn't have tax. I heard it only affected companies with certain size volume...
Two hundred thousand and next year it drops to one hundred thousand. I priced three cases of ammo at SG and at Ammo Empire, only $7.00 difference. Prices are higher at Ammo Empire.
AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

I actually just emailed SGAMMO a few days ago when I saw that they had charged me sales tax. Here's their response.

"Hi Justin

We have been forced into sales tax collection in 36 states that have passed economic nexus laws due to the supreme court ruling in Wayfair vs South Dakota which validated the states rights to pass economic nexus laws and force tax collection on remote sellers like us. Basically the supreme court ruled that we can be forced into tax collection for outside states, or face assessments for uncollected taxes and/or legal action by the state for non-compliance. We resisted for quite a while but started collecting for most states effective Oct 1 2019 after several states charged us what totals to hundreds of thousands of dollars for uncollected taxes. Still fighting those assessments, but moving forward I cannot keep digging myself deeper in the hole. It sort of came down to collecting tax for all states with economic nexus laws or closing shop and retiring.

Here are some details on the law your state representatives passed that forced me into this - https://www.avalara.com/us/en/blog/2019 ... s-tax.html

Thank you

Sam
SGAmmo"