poll,... on weapon sales

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!

POLL,... do you believe requesting NON-FELONS only apply for a weapon purchase,.... really works?

yes
No votes
no
100%

Total votes: 37

shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

poll,... on weapon sales

Post by shooter444 »

I have been seeing more requests lately, that ONLY NON-FELONS need apply, to purchase some weapons offered in a private sale. This type of sale requirement, in ARIZONA, totally boggles my mind,.... hence, this poll,... to find out how many members here, believe a felon will be honest, in a purchase.

Crippledtrigger

Re: poll,... on weapon sales

Post by Crippledtrigger »

This is not going to end well
baja

Post by baja »

Up front I'm not a supporter of felons, but after rereading the 2A, I can find nowhere that says "except felons".
Either it's an unalienable right or it isn't, you can't have it both ways.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I voted no, but I still ask before a sale. I've done my due diligence and did not knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

AZ Husker wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm I voted no, but I still ask before a sale. I've done my due diligence and did not knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor.

Do you realize that you would not be knowingly selling to a prohibited possessor, even if you don't do what you call " DUE DILIGENCE ",... Right?

Or, maybe you don't know what the laws are in Arizona? I have yet to find any reference to DUE DILIGENCE in any Arizona statute relating to private party firearm sales.

AND FURTHER more,... the whole point of this poll is to ask, indirectly, DO YOU,... REALLY BELIEVE,... THE BUYER WHEN THEY SAY THEY AREN'T A PROHIBITED POSSESSOR? Or, in other words, do you think felons lie?
Last edited by shooter444 on October 27th, 2019, 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Crippledtrigger wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:26 pm This is not going to end well
The inglorious foe/ignore list !, will be expanding. Greatly and/or hugely.
Last edited by Rock Hardson on October 8th, 2019, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

Double tap
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Rock Hardson wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:10 pm
The inglorious foe/ignore list !, will be expanding. Greatly and/or hugely.

Well, when you take into consideration that half the list is probably multiple alias's of ranger/danger,.... it isn't all that long. :whistle:
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

shooter444 wrote: October 8th, 2019, 7:11 pm
AZ Husker wrote: October 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm I voted no, but I still ask before a sale. I've done my due diligence and did not knowingly sell to a prohibited possessor.

Do you realize that you would not be knowingly selling to a prohibited possessor, even if you don't do what you call " DUE DILIGENCE ",... Right?

Or, maybe you don't know what the laws are in Arizona? I have yet to find any reference to DUE DILIGENCE in any Arizona statute relating to private party firearm sales.

AND FURTHER more,... the whole point of this poll is to ask, indirectly, DO YOU,... REALLY BELIEVE,... THE BUYER WHEN THEY SAY THEY AREN'T A PROHIBITED POSSESSOR? Or, in other words, do you think felons lie?

Have you?
I do the same as AZ Husker - though I simply ask if they are a "prohibited possessor". I also ask if they are an AZ resident.

The 4473 also asks questions like that that about felony conviction, drug user or someone who was adjudicated mentally ill, that they may choose to lie about - but that's on them, not me as a private seller.
Flash

Post by Flash »

This question will work about as well as weapons free zones do.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

admin wrote: October 8th, 2019, 8:54 pm I do the same as AZ Husker - though I simply ask if they are a "prohibited possessor". I also ask if they are an AZ resident.

The 4473 also asks questions like that that about felony conviction, drug user or someone who was adjudicated mentally ill, that they may choose to lie about - but that's on them, not me as a private seller.

The 4473 form is a backdoor infringement on the 2nd amendment and our Creator Endowed Inalienable Human Right to ,...LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS! It is nothing less than REGISTRATION leading, eventually, to CONFISCATION.

What possible reasoning do you have for letting that tyrannical One World Government sponsored Demonscat infringement,... creep into the Free State of Arizona, gun laws?
Last edited by shooter444 on October 9th, 2019, 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Flash wrote: October 9th, 2019, 6:02 am This question will work about as well as weapons free zones do.

Probably better,.... imo! :whistle:
Flash

Post by Flash »

I just flash the Arizona CCW and the sellers take that as a "No" to whether or not I'm a prohibited possessor.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Flash wrote: October 9th, 2019, 9:52 am I just flash the Arizona CCW and the sellers take that as a "No" to whether or not I'm a prohibited possessor.

I think there is a valid use of an Az CCW/CWP.

I believe there is a significantly vast gap between naively asking for a honest answer from a possible felon,... and, volunteering info to the fact one is not only NOT a FELON, but, also offering valid info that one has been vetted from Federal, to Sate, to local levels, as to being a law abiding citizen.

jmo
Elk34
Banned
Banned

Post by Elk34 »

I only deal with people that have a CCW. That way I know they have already been cleared by the FBI.