Anti gunshow/background checks in Pima County

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Untiro
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Anti gunshow/background checks in Pima County

Post by Untiro »

We need a good showing tomorrow 9:30 just in case

https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/g ... -gun-shows

QuietM4

Re: Anti gunshow/background checks in Pima County

Post by QuietM4 »

Just another example of an anti-gunner now understanding that person-to-person sale is legal EVERYWHERE IN THE STATE....gun shows aren't magical places. Hope you guys get a good turnout.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Cross roads ought to step up their defense, as they are the big time in gun shows, one would think they'd have a plan for this, or do they.................................
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Crossroads has been trying to discourage private sales at their shows for years, unless you buy a table.
THE ICEMAN

Post by THE ICEMAN »

AZ Husker wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:44 pm Crossroads has been trying to discourage private sales at their shows for years, unless you buy a table.
Pardon my ignorance on this, I've not ever looked into it, but does Crossroads & the like let anyone who has the cash buy a table or do they do a background check??? Just curios...
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

THE ICEMAN wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:53 pm
AZ Husker wrote: September 11th, 2019, 7:44 pm Crossroads has been trying to discourage private sales at their shows for years, unless you buy a table.
Pardon my ignorance on this, I've not ever looked into it, but does Crossroads & the like let anyone who has the cash buy a table or do they do a background check??? Just curios...
Anyone willing to pay can buy a table. About $100 per table.
tunnug

Post by tunnug »

My one beef with crossroads is that at all their shows they have had at the fairgrounds here in Tucson they'll have these large signs out that say " Illegal to do private sales in the parking lot", I've had arguments with their hired "safety experts" telling them that just because someone doesn't want sales in the parking lot makes it illegal to do so, they come back with it is illegal but then can't come up with the statute that makes it illegal.
Flash

Post by Flash »

One of the Crossroads firearm checkers who zip tie your guns told a guy in front of me that it was against the law to bring a loaded gun into the show. He said this after he found a round in the chamber of the gun he was checking.

I told the guy it wasn't illegal, it was just a violation of Crossroads rules...huge difference.
RandyTF

Post by RandyTF »

I checked my pistol at their entrance table and got lectured for carrying it with a round in the chamber and safety on. I didn't say squat but gave the guy my best "you gotta be kiddin me" look. I was following their rules by checking it at the table. Could have just walked in with it concealed. How can it be such a surprise to those folks running a gun show that someone would carry ready to rock and roll? Must be some anti gun sentiment in that crowd. I haven't been back to a Cross Roads show since.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

any new regulation for a gun show will be the death knell for it, once they get in a new rule, it will never end, and gun shows will become a thing of the past. the family that runs cross roads, has had their way for decades, and suspect they think private sales being stopped will help them, most would realize it would not. jmo
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Over the years I have bought more guns at gun shows from private citizens than from dealers.
I can not remember the last gun I bought from a dealer at a gun show.
Very seldom have I seen any decent deals at a gun show from a dealer.
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Pay for parking, then pay to get in.

That's what it's all about at a Crossroads show...

"CItizens for a Safer Pima County, which is led by Molly McKasson and Nancy Bowman"

Taste the rainbow, 'ladies'...
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

Flash wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:27 am One of the Crossroads firearm checkers who zip tie your guns told a guy in front of me that it was against the law to bring a loaded gun into the show. He said this after he found a round in the chamber of the gun he was checking.

I told the guy it wasn't illegal, it was just a violation of Crossroads rules...huge difference.
Sometimes not the brightest bulb in the pack... Years and years ago I had to check my M-11 (open bolt, full auto) there and the guy just ran a zip tie around the pistol grip and trigger (trigger was fully depressed). After he handed it back to me, I asked him if he knew what he had just done and why it was not the proper way to disable this gun the way he did. The guy just gave me a blank stare.
samnev

Post by samnev »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: September 12th, 2019, 7:00 am Over the years I have bought more guns at gun shows from private citizens than from dealers.
I can not remember the last gun I bought from a dealer at a gun show.
Very seldom have I seen any decent deals at a gun show from a dealer.
Same here, in 40 years of going to gun shows iirc the last gun I bought from a dealer was at the Ohio Gun Collecters show when it was in Columbus back in the 80's.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I found gun shows to be worthless, at best, many years ago! Over a decade ago, when the shows chastised private sales, on top of disarming honest Arizona citizens before entry,.... I figured enough was enough, and quit going, period!!!

Now, this seems like they are calling for support from Arizona citizens, to fight the good fight, against their political attackers,... I say, piss on them!!!

When I can go to a gun show, pay for parking, pay for entry to an event that is based on the fact of our 2nd amendment protected Rights,... without being disarmed, or, told who, or, how to sell my private property, in this FREE STATE,... I would support them again!

jmo