Project Appleseed

Discuss things related to firearm training and tactics.
Shootist
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Project Appleseed

Post by Shootist »

Appleseed combines basic rifle marksmanship along with historic tales of 19 April 1775.
It's conducted on a flat 25 yd range and they also conduct KD range training in some venues.

from their website

Project Appleseed™ isn’t a gun club or a militia, nor is it a historical society. Instead, we are a non-partisan group of men and women (known as the Revolutionary War Veterans Association) who are committed to upholding the values and principles of America’s founding fathers. We use rifle marksmanship instruction as a gateway to help bring our nation’s history to life and to show that many of the values that our forefathers relied on to win our independence are still very much in demand today.

Through clinics and events, we teach rifle marksmanship and early American heritage to introduce individuals of all skill levels to the knowledge that was so crucial to the success of our nation’s founders. Aside from the fun and camaraderie of these events, the designed takeaway is a renewed sense of civic responsibility that each attendee can then implement in his or her own community. If we can reconnect enough people with the selfless civic virtue of our forefathers, we as a nation will all be better off.

Our goal is to create a nation of Riflemen. We’d love for you to join us.
Most participants use a 22lr carbine with a GI type sling and iron sights. Center fire calibers & optics can also be used. The Ruger 10-22 is the most popular platform, especially in LTR (liberty training rifle) form.

The course is 2 days for about $60 + whatever range fees are charged by the host range. There are discounts available (check the website).

We took our kids to the Kingman class last November and I thought enough of the program to take the course myself in May. Now we need to get momma trained up with her own rifle.

There are more events planned from Sept-Nov in Az in 2019.

I have no affiliation with the Appleseed Project but do endorse them without hesitation.

Crippledtrigger

Re: Project Appleseed

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I thought his lil project fizzled out over a decade ago. The guy who used to sell M1a stocks in, then, "Shotgun News". He used to give the targets and instructions away back then I think.

Same guy or new group?
Delfuego

Post by Delfuego »

Project Appleseed is a great program. It gets kids out shooting, having fun and learning.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I know people who still do it. Its a great program.

It was stressed to near abandonment during the .22 ammo crisis, so you haven't heard much about it since then as a result.
Shootist

Post by Shootist »

Crippledtrigger wrote: July 10th, 2019, 1:08 am I thought his lil project fizzled out over a decade ago. The guy who used to sell M1a stocks in, then, "Shotgun News". He used to give the targets and instructions away back then I think.

Same guy or new group?
That was Fred of https://www.fredsm14stocks.com
"You can be a cook or a rifleman"

The RWVA is the main effort for the Appleseed Project.