BLM proposal to build 4 new shooting sites

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
YNOTAZ
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: BLM proposal to build 4 new shooting sites

Post by YNOTAZ »

shooter444 wrote: June 7th, 2019, 9:14 am All I see is another door opening for infringement,... don't need no government entity control on when, where, how, or, what I can shoot.
jmo
Same here, and the countdown to closure begins.

Maybe it will take long enough that I will be dust and won't give a damn.

Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

On the bright side, despite having had designated shooting areas on BLM land for decades in CA the rest of the BLM lands are still pretty much open for shooting still.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Screw it. Let's just have the BLM completely close their areas to shooting, off road vehicles, etc. like they did on the Morman trail. That should make everyone happy. Geezzzz
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Screw it. Let's just have the BLM completely get the fukkk out of our areas of shooting, our off road vehicle areas and all our recreational lands, etc.,... like our forefathers did to the English when, enough was enough, from England's acts of excessive authority. Maybe that should make everyone feel happy they found their spine, when dealing with our employees.

:whistle:
mongo45acp

Post by mongo45acp »

I am in favor of this project. I have questions about operation/control of these facilities and so forth. The public, generally, accepts gun ownership and shooting as long as we do it in a safe manner. These facilities, by their design, provide a degree of safety above any dispersed shooting area. I note that each have restrooms. That alone promotes a more "family" friendly environment.

The Narramore site shows great promise as well as being reasonably close enough that I'll use it.

Let's be cautious.........the devil is always in the deteils.

Watch yer 6!
Mongo
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

its the beginning of a screw job on shooting joints, mark my words, nothing the blm does or says benefits anyone but the dept.
just saying
Rj
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

mongo45acp "I have questions about operation/control of these facilities and so forth."

QUESTIONS?,... let me simplify it for you, there are no questions, just the slow creep of Government infringement in violation of the 2nd amendment.

mongo45acp"The public, generally, accepts gun ownership and shooting as long as we do it in a safe manner. These facilities, by their design, provide a degree of safety above any dispersed shooting area."

The "general public" usually accepts what their big brother government tells them to accept! Arizonians have been shooting safely in our dessert areas longer than we have had statehood. When was the last time an unsafe shooting incident was reported in a " DISPERSED AREA "???

Facts ma'm,... just the facts,... no generalized Demonscat rhetoric spin talk without FACTS!!!

mongo45acp" I note that each have restrooms. That alone promotes a more "family" friendly environment."

Hmmm, I have always found a heavy mesquite or prickly pear patch to do just fine,... don't need no stink'n porta-potties, thank you very much! As for "family friendly environment",... I don't go to shooting areas to wait on FAMILIES to get their picnic area set up, or , taken down,... thank you very much! Nor do I have any interest in listening to screaming children running all over the place,.... thank you very much!

Families want to spend a day in the dessert,.... fine,... go find a pic-nic area and have at it. Just leave the shooting areas for the shooters!

mongo45acpThe Narramore site shows great promise as well as being reasonably close enough that I'll use it.

OH, WELL, SHIAT OH DEAR,... if it is close enough for you,... forget everything I said,... God forbid you would be inconvenienced by traveling a distance beyond your comfort zone,... let the government infringe on our Constitution protected rights rather than put you out!!!

mongo45acpLet's be cautious.........the devil is always in the details.

REALLY? Have you ever heard the old saying, " no sense shutting the barn door once the horse has bolted ?" The real deal details of the devil, is, once he has his way, there is no turning him, back!!!

I,... VOTE,... NAY!!! :naughty: Never needed our government employees to tell me when, where, or how, I can shoot on our lands,... and don't need them telling me now!!!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

well now is your time to tell them so meeting tomorrow nite, see another thread for meeting on the pleasant lake area blm discussion, i'm of the opinion it wont do much but am going to attempt to get there for it, pain in the ass distance that time of day with traffic, but a good turn out will maybe give them pause.
Rj
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I am 125 miles east of Tucson, knockonit, hardly worth my time to find out they are going to do what they want, no matter what,... feed back would be nice, if you have the notion.
Tim McBride
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by Tim McBride »

shooter444 wrote: June 12th, 2019, 4:03 pm I am 125 miles east of Tucson, knockonit, hardly worth my time to find out they are going to do what they want, no matter what,... feed back would be nice, if you have the notion.
An attitude like that is why we have an erosion in our firearms rights.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”,... Albert Einstein
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I'm probably gonna be there.
Exorpmtech
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Exorpmtech »

Suck My Glock wrote: June 6th, 2019, 7:08 pm My naturally suspicious nature can't help but imagine the REAL reason why they would do such a thing.

Yes,...this is a positive, ultimately. But my first thought is that with such places, they would have legal cover to run shooters out of anywhere and everywhere else. I expect that soon, unless a hunting season is ongoing, there would be an officially unofficial policy of messing with anyone shooting or even having weapons outside of these designated areas. And once everyone is conveniently consolidated into easy to patrol/surviel locations,...how long before the gun police are the most regular visitors?

Yeah, I know. Call me paranoid now,...but check back in 10 or 20 years and see if I didn't nail it.
10 or 20 years from now, I highly doubt gun ownership will be legal for anyone but the elite the way things are going.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Was surprised at lack of turn out of commenters, pretty sure the gubermint members out numbered the concerned citizens two to one. Met some interesting members of blm, got some names and folks to discuss other details. Some decent ideas, but it boils down to if they have the money, when they have the money, while i'm not a fan of some of their plans, it appears they are basically headed in a direction to try and keep the trash shooters under control, hard to say, i suspect as with most gubermint projects, many pitfals are in front of these programs and many ideas will morf into crapola.
lotsa motivated individuals trying to attempt some modicum of direction
Rj
mongo45acp

Post by mongo45acp »

SHOOTER 444:

From the great movie Kelly's Heroes: "Always with the negative vibes"

Nuff said.

Mongo