Fire Restrictions

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
lone_wolf
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Fire Restrictions

Post by lone_wolf »

Any word on fire restrictions for shooting in the Desert? I know it normally happens around this time every year.

Rock Hardson

Re: Fire Restrictions

Post by Rock Hardson »

No fire restrictions state wide
Bluewave
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Bluewave »

Heard yesterday from fireman in Tucson, maybe within 2 weeks, I was up on Mt.Lemmon, last weekend rain was good, but the heat coming 🤔
JaiYa

Post by JaiYa »

On some BLM land, at least in my experience, you could shoot in the summer and no restrictions. But, is shooting *really* going to start a fire?🤔 I think the chances are almost non existent.
Bluewave

Post by Bluewave »

Yea, I never had even a close call on fire from shooting, maybe 🤔🤔🤔
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

JaiYa wrote: May 25th, 2019, 8:52 am On some BLM land, at least in my experience, you could shoot in the summer and no restrictions. But, is shooting *really* going to start a fire?🤔 I think the chances are almost non existent.
Steel core ammo is starting fires in dry seasons so save it for UN troops.
Flash

Post by Flash »

JaiYa wrote: May 25th, 2019, 8:52 am On some BLM land, at least in my experience, you could shoot in the summer and no restrictions. But, is shooting *really* going to start a fire?🤔 I think the chances are almost non existent.
I once saw a round start a fire in the expansion joint of the floor in an indoor shooting range. Pretty impressive blaze for a while.
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

at a group shoot back east in 2001 there was a hillside fire we had to put out but then there were several full autos blasting tracers too...
lead & copper really doesn't spark much.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

Only time I have ever seen it was with tracers. Heard that steel jacket could start one shot 1000's never had it happen.
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

Bluewave wrote: May 25th, 2019, 8:21 am Heard yesterday from fireman in Tucson, maybe within 2 weeks.....
That sounds about right.
There sure has been a lot of fire crews driving around Tonto National Forest the last 2 or 3 weeks.
azrik

Post by azrik »

But there's always some nitwit out there that will decide to shoot "Firedragon" shotgun loads like what happened the last fire a Sycamore Creek...
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

omegaman wrote: May 25th, 2019, 3:10 pm Only time I have ever seen it was with tracers. Heard that steel jacket could start one shot 1000's never had it happen.
I have personally witnessed 855 ball start a fire. Never would have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. That was a few years ago on Table Mesa, guys shooting next to me were shooting it and they started a fire. It was dry early that year and they shut it down a couple days later. Hit rocks with AP ammo and sparks can and do fly, if it's dry it can start a fire.
azman

Post by azman »

On one pre-monsoon, heat of the summer day several years ago I went to a dry cattletank that I had shot at for years to try out a new to me Big 5 special M48 Mauser. Using some Turkish milsurp (which I believe had a mild steel core), I saw a spark that suddenly/somehow had a small bush going that was about 2 feet from my paper target.... I ran over and stomped it out, and left with a new understanding as to how it CAN happen.
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

Seen it with tracers, 303 Brit, .30-06 and 8mm Mauser.
All it needs is a spark and dry kindling.
And then you are dragging the shovels out of the back of the pickup and spending a couple of hours stomping out fires cuz your friend won't listen and was shooting at some rocks to see his ammo spark.
mdin14

Post by mdin14 »

Yeah saw a small brush fire @ Rio Salado main range a few summers back just past the 300 yd gong.