Spotting scope recommendation

Discuss firearm optics, sights, and scopes here (magnified, red-dot, iron sights, etc).
RandyTF
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Spotting scope recommendation

Post by RandyTF »

I've had a Leupold Ventana SX-1 15-45x60mm for maybe 6 years but have never really liked it out at 100 yards or more. My 70 year old eyes are starting to like it even less.

Anybody recommend something else around $400-500? I've considered the Leupold 20-60x80mm but am seeing only fair reviews for it.

FenixMike

Re: Spotting scope recommendation

Post by FenixMike »

You can usually find the Vortex Viper HDs for around that. They aren't bad at all and obvious warranty through Vortex. Bushnell also has some good options, best thing to do is hit sportsmans and Cabelas to try all the big players out, then decide for yourself. I picked up my Viper HD for $475 new in the Cabelas bargain cave and didnt upgrade until I started pushing past 1K yards
TheJediknight

Post by TheJediknight »

That Leupold you are looking at is a good one. If you don't get HD, get the Leupold. I have it. You can join me at Rio if you want to check it out.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I have the Leupold HD 12-40X60 Kit and am the same age as you. Works really well for me but more than you intend to spend.