USSCt upholds bump stock ban

Discuss the 2nd Amendment and issues that relate to our right to keep and bear arms.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

USSCt upholds bump stock ban

Post by smithers599 »

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... rsuch.html
The plaintiffs plan to appeal that decision, but with Friday’s ruling, the Supreme Court declined to keep the ban on hold as they do so—a likely indication that a majority of the court does not believe the rule is unlawful. There are two possible reasons why Thomas and Gorsuch may have dissented. First, there is a chance the two justices believe the rule violates the Second Amendment; both are gun rights extremists, and Thomas has written that any “types of firearms commonly used for a lawful purpose” may not be constitutionally outlawed.
Before the new rule, Americans owned about 520,000 bump stocks, which were legal in most of the country. Perhaps these justices believe that bump stocks are “commonly used for lawful purposes” and therefore protected by the Second Amendment.
Apparently, a "Second Amendment extremist" is somebody who does not agree with Bloomberg, and who actually believes the preposterous idea that "the People" have the "right to keep and bear arms."

If 519,999 Americans own bump stocks, and have not and do not use them to commit any crimes, then they must be using them for lawful purposes, right? News flash: "fun" is a lawful purpose.

Dog Soldier
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: USSCt upholds bump stock ban

Post by Dog Soldier »

This law making a BFS a Machine Gun was ordered by President Trump. During Mr. Trumps years as a Liberal Democrat he wanted the AR-15 Banned. The Democrat House is now moving to class all Semi-Auto rifles as Machine Guns. Di Fi has praised President Trump for this law??

https://www.range365.com/trump-administ ... ump-stocks
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Yah, well,... I was a Mao Red Book carrying lefty card carrying Liberal going to every Rainbow Coalition demonstration I could, back in the sixties, in my mid teens to my early 20's.

:lol: LOOK AT ME NOW!!! :lol:

He that is without sin, cast the first stone,... some should consider even ancient advice,... before opening themselves to scrutiny,...imo.
Last edited by shooter444 on April 14th, 2019, 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flash

Post by Flash »

shooter444 wrote: April 14th, 2019, 11:36 am Yah, well,... I was a Mao Red Book carrying lefty card carrying Liberal going to every Rainbow Coalition demonstration I could, back in the sixties, when in my mid teens and early 20's.

LOOK AT ME NOW!!!

He that is without sin, cast the first stone,... some should consider even ancient advice,... before opening themselves to scrutiny,...imo.
I was never a liberal in the sixties, but I was a Democrat. Then, around Reagan's time, I became a Republican and never looked back.

Now I'm farther to the right than a bicycle rider on the autobahn.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

I think,... for a spoiled little rich kid, that grew up never having a day of monetary worry, never had to think about anything, or, anyone, but himself,... has turned out to be quite the Patriot,... and, well worth complementing for his patriotic efforts.

jmo
Flash

Post by Flash »

I agree shooter. I used to date rich girls exclusively and not one of them turned out to be worth anything. It seems to be pretty rare to be raised rich and turn out as a Patriot.