Motorcycle carry

Discuss carrying a firearm, whether it's concealed carry (CCW), open carry or other...
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Motorcycle carry

Post by Ranger1 »

Do you carry on your person or do you have a holster built into the bike or fairing?

Chuckret
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Re: Motorcycle carry

Post by Chuckret »

On my person....
AZ Husker
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by AZ Husker »

IWB like always. Too clumsy and obvious transferring between a bag/mounted holster and your body.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Here are some of the ones i.have seen.
67d31a1a16d38d12a4e27bdb5531e4ca.jpg
67d31a1a16d38d12a4e27bdb5531e4ca.jpg
Attachments
666_500_csupload_60893668.jpg
21eb47f33205137cb0e2c89a18d82e0e--rack-michael-okeefe.jpg
21eb47f33205137cb0e2c89a18d82e0e--rack-michael-okeefe.jpg (24.26 KiB) Viewed 10229 times
unnamed-2.jpg
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I have only been down twice in some 40 yrs of riding and both when I was a teen but on one of those I went down pretty hard right next to a housing project in East NY Brooklyn. While i was on the floor assessing wounds and trying to get my dislocated shoulder to stop talking to me 3 hoodrats come over with the rest of the gawkers and right my bike and start to push it away. When I said .. hey wTF they told me they were just going to move it to the side of the road. I had lived in that area, in that same housing project for some 16 years before moving out and I knew if they started walking off with the bike the bike was gone.

If a gun were attached to it not only would I have lost the bike and a gun but I would have armed some sh*t stain who would undoubtedly use it for evil and I just dont need that on my conscience.

I have been wearing OWB in the same place I always carry on my hip but it is kind of in the way of the wife holding on to my sides when she rides with me so I will at some point be making something like this for Bike carry.

I will certainly not look nearly as dashing but a light shirt over top and its easy to get to even if you are mounted.

Mine will be a bit higher up.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

I don't ride bikes any more , but I found out that it is not a bad idea to be able to draw the gun with your left hand so you can still control the throttle with your right hand.
Ranger1
Banned
Banned

Post by Ranger1 »

Boriqua wrote: April 14th, 2019, 9:01 am I have only been down twice in some 40 yrs of riding and both when I was a teen but on one of those I went down pretty hard right next to a housing project in East NY Brooklyn. While i was on the floor assessing wounds and trying to get my dislocated shoulder to stop talking to me 3 hoodrats come over with the rest of the gawkers and right my bike and start to push it away. When I said .. hey wTF they told me they were just going to move it to the side of the road. I had lived in that area, in that same housing project for some 16 years before moving out and I knew if they started walking off with the bike the bike was gone.

If a gun were attached to it not only would I have lost the bike and a gun but I would have armed some sh*t stain who would undoubtedly use it for evil and I just dont need that on my conscience.

I have been wearing OWB in the same place I always carry on my hip but it is kind of in the way of the wife holding on to my sides when she rides with me so I will at some point be making something like this for Bike carry.

I will certainly not look nearly as dashing but a light shirt over top and its easy to get to even if you are mounted.

Mine will be a bit higher up.
Well what did the hood rats do with your bike?
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Don't know how much time you have spent in those type of areas but you have different varieties of slime. There are the aggressive ones that will just take your s*** and stab, shoot or beat you in the process but the greater majority are more like jackals. They slink around in the corners and are opportunist.

I was pretty banged up and a crash is entertainment for the neighborhood so a fair crowd formed and there were people legitimately trying to see if I was ok. The bike stopped a good 15 yds from where I did.

These particular hood rats were just hoping in the commotion no one would notice that they walked off with the bike while they were at the edges of the crowd. Once I started to react they just dropped it and walked away as they ran the s*** of "we was just moving it to the side"

Had I been unconscious or just not paying attention the bike would have just wandered off and noone would know where it went.

These are the same scavengers I have seen strip a man of his cloths when he has been mugged and is lying on the floor beaten and I even watched a few rape some girl that had just been raped and beaten. Watch the old Mutual of Omaha nature specials and you will get the jist.
Sobrbiker

Post by Sobrbiker »

If you’re right handed, I’d suggest learning to shoot/carry support side proficiently.
Shooting and controlling a bike both with the right hand only works on tv.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Sobrbiker wrote: April 16th, 2019, 4:16 am Shooting and controlling a bike both with the right hand only works on tv.
LOL .. I always yell at the TV when I see it. I have my bike set up a touch rich. If I dump the throttle closed it will immediately decelerate hard. Yet in the movies guys are traveling like 1/2 mile shooting with their right with no hand on the throttle and the bike never loses a beat.. Awesome. Been playing with these things a long time .. I havent figured out how to do that yet! :)
Flash

Post by Flash »

HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

What does that have to do with the OP's post??
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I dont know if that one has the lock but a thousand years ago a buddy got one that kind of rested in your palm and there was a thumb lock that would lock the throttle in a certain position. I guess it acted like cruise control.

At that point .. yea I guess you could deploy your silenced sub machine gun and have at it :)

I personally cant think of very many instances where I would need to fire from a moving bike but I could see you wanting quick access if you are sitting at a light. However one of a motorcycles pluses, depending on size, is their speed, acceleration and nimbleness. I have gotten out of more than a few tight situations with the proper amount of throttle and go.
Flash

Post by Flash »

So have I and you're right. You can get out of a lot of things on a bike. I always carried crossdraw so I could get it with either hand and I carried some truck lug nuts in my jacket pocket.
HDS
Banned
Banned

Post by HDS »

I hate to say this but if you lock your throttle to draw your gun thats more dangerous than just drawing your gun and letting the bike cost. Having a holster of some sort on the bike would allow you to draw from said bike without trying to fight with what ever your wearing to get to gun. I find that drawing from the bike I can reholster and take back control of bike with less risk of loosing control of bike.