What Happened to the Steven's Model 350?

Discuss shotguns.
Steve_In_29
ArizonaShooting.org Member

What Happened to the Steven's Model 350?

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Did a quick google and didn't turn anything up as to why Savage/Steven's no longer seem to produce the Model 350 (Ithaca 37 clone). The Model 320 (Winchester clone) is still offered though.

Anybody have knowledge on this?

QuietM4

Re: What Happened to the Steven's Model 350?

Post by QuietM4 »

Because gun companies move on and introduce new products? Educated guess is they contracted to import X number and the contract was fulfilled. Both were Chinese knock offs imported by Savage Arms, built by Sun City Machinery in China. Look around at pawn shops, they usually have a few laying around.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

I know what they are/were I bought two of the 350s.

The question is why the 350 was dropped(?) but the 320 remains in the catalog.

I wonder if the revived Ithaca company possibly had some rights to the design?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

If you really, really need to know, email Savage. But I guess the contract ran out...they ordered 20,000, and they received 20,000. End of story...no tin foil hat black helicopter conspiracy.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

QuietM4 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 7:45 pm If you really, really need to know, email Savage. But I guess the contract ran out...they ordered 20,000, and they received 20,000. End of story...no tin foil hat black helicopter conspiracy.
I neither said nor implied there was. I am just curious.

It seems you have nothing of substance to add on the subject but thanks for trying.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I actually do have more to add; 20+ years experience in the firearms retail, manufacturing, and wholesale.

Importers, such as Savage Arms Inc, contract with over seas manufacturers, e.g. Sun City Machinery, to make guns for them. The contracts is for X number of guns, not an unlimited/infinite supply. So, when X number has been made and shipped, the contract is filled. If Savage Arms wishes to order more, they do. If not, they don't. In this case, I would guess that the 320 model greatly outsold the 350 model, so they stopped ordering/importing the 350 model. There's really nothing more to it than that. Since I don't work for Savage or Sun City, I am only guessing, but is is a very educated guess.

Trademarks don't last more than 50 years, so the Ithaca design infringement isn't the issue.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Lots of unrelated info (that I am well aware of) which still does nothing to answer the original question.

I am not interested in your "guess".

As I said thanks for trying
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

So, you just thought that a random person on this board would have inside knowledge on the manufacturing/import dealings of Savage Arms?

OK. Sorry I tried to shine a little light on your question.
Steve_In_29 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 6:08 pm Did a quick google and didn't turn anything up as to why Savage/Steven's no longer seem to produce the Model 350 (Ithaca 37 clone). The Model 320 (Winchester clone) is still offered though.

No.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

QuietM4 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 9:24 pm So, you just thought that a random person on this board would have inside knowledge on the manufacturing/import dealings of Savage Arms?

OK. Sorry I tried to shine a little light on your question.
Steve_In_29 wrote: January 9th, 2019, 6:08 pm Did a quick google and didn't turn anything up as to why Savage/Steven's no longer seem to produce the Model 350 (Ithaca 37 clone). The Model 320 (Winchester clone) is still offered though.

No.
Actually YES. It is not beyond the realm of possibility. An insider, has a relative that works there, someone that was told something at SHOT Show, shop owner that had a distributor pass on something, etc, etc, etc.

Instead I got someone spouting about his "knowledge" while actually knowing nothing about the specific thing I asked about.

And who is now butthurt over it.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, cali logic i guess
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

knockonit wrote: January 10th, 2019, 6:48 am lol, cali logic i guess
And you have even less to add to the topic beyond some thread crapping in support of your butthurt compatriot.

"Cali logic" huh....you mean like ask an valid question on a specific subject and expect a useful on topic answer?

As opposed to AZ logic? Which seems to be brag about what you know while actually knowing nothing on the specific thing that was asked.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Well, short of producing a memo from the CEO of Savage, I'm not sure what you expected to find out by asking a very small local forum in Arizona with less than 1,000 members.

You might have better luck asking on SavageShooters.com...they seem to have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the 350.

SavageShooters.Com

I simply attempted to share my 20 years professional experience in the exact industry your question covered...but what the hell do I know.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

the problem is you expect something for nothing, the other poster attempted to provide what he knew of the industry and you crapped in his mess kit, so take what you can from the conversation, and perhaps go elsewhere and crap in their mess kit.

neophytes always seem to know more than the life longers, hehehe, its a website asshats not real life
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

QuietM4 wrote: January 10th, 2019, 11:16 am Well, short of producing a memo from the CEO of Savage, I'm not sure what you expected to find out by asking a very small local forum in Arizona with less than 1,000 members.

You might have better luck asking on SavageShooters.com...they seem to have an entire sub-forum dedicated to the 350.

SavageShooters.Com

I simply attempted to share my 20 years professional experience in the exact industry your question covered...but what the hell do I know.
I didn't "expect" anything.

However as I said... it is not beyond the realm of possibility that there might be someone here with actual knowledge on the question. Despite being a small board there could be...an insider, someone that has a relative that works there, someone that was told something at SHOT Show, a shop owner that had a distributor pass on something, a member who had posed the same question to Savage already, etc, etc, etc.

Absent any of that, then no replies would let me know there wasn't such here.

You posted a general comment (none of which was news to me) in response to a specific question. then when I told you it wasn't what I was looking for, instead of gracefully bowing out you instead got upset and pushed your non-answer at me even harder.

Thanks for the Savage link though and I might give it a try if I don't get the info from any of the other shotgun forums I am already a member of.
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

knockonit wrote: January 10th, 2019, 2:57 pm the problem is you expect something for nothing, the other poster attempted to provide what he knew of the industry and you crapped in his mess kit, so take what you can from the conversation, and perhaps go elsewhere and crap in their mess kit.

neophytes always seem to know more than the life longers, hehehe, its a website asshats not real life
Interesting concept you have there. Is everyone else paying some kind of dues or something? :roll: :roll:

The other poster wasn't answering the question I asked and was politely told so in post#4. At which point he then apparently felt I had questioned his manhood and couldn't resist the overpowering urge to start trying to prove how much "knowledge" he had. Despite being unable to actually answer the specific question I had asked. At which point HE was the one to start crapping in my messkit as you put it.

"Neophyte"??...LOL Only an internet commando equates a person's being new to a board with them being a neophyte to the subject.

At near 60yo I have probably been shooting for longer then many on here have been alive.