Nut shot at the Buckeye Walmart

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Nut shot at the Buckeye Walmart

Post by smithers599 »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/lo ... 143635002/
A man accidentally shot himself in the groin area while inside a Buckeye Walmart on Tuesday, police said.
The man was in a Walmart store near Watson and Yuma roads around 6:30 p.m., when the semiautomatic handgun began to slip as he carried it unholstered in the waistband of his sweatpants, Buckeye police said.
The man told police that when he tried to reposition his loaded gun and keep it from falling, he shot himself in the groin area.
Officers arrived and found the man in the meat department with the gunshot wound, police said.
He was taken to the hospital with survivable injuries, police said. No one else was hurt during the incident.
Police said all indications are the shooting was accidental, but police did file a report for unlawful discharge of a firearm.
Additional information was unavailable.
I love it. He shot himself in the meat department.

Steve_In_29

Re: Nut shot at the Buckeye Walmart

Post by Steve_In_29 »

Even better, he shot himself in the meat dept while in the meat dept.
WyoGunner
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by WyoGunner »

Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest.

A new rock ballad ... "Shot Through the Meat" by Jon Bon Dumbass

:lol:
Super Trucker

Post by Super Trucker »

And to think a $10.00 uncle mikes holster would have prevented this.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

It could only be better if he was looking for auto parts and shot himself there , in the junkyard.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

how soon we begin to eat our own. ugh :naughty: :think:
Flash

Post by Flash »

Did he go off half cocked?
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

More likely he came home "half cocked".

"Our Own" or not does not cover for stupid and irresponsible. Waistband carry ,,,in sweatpants ? Maybe OK for going down to the mailbox but not appropriate for a crowded big box store.
Shooting himself is one thing but it could just as easily been a small child or two in that isle resulting in a black eye for concealed carry and some ever ready "Gun Shamming " on CNN.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

hehe, and you believe what the news folks wrote, ca'mon, you must understand the news is almost all bull pucky, never the truth, never on the path of the truth,

i've known folks that are some of the best pistoleros ever who have had nd's, the more you use them the more the odds are it will eventually happen,

you can claim hes not one of "us" , but all gun owners are put in the same column at the end of the day, we gotta own it, gotta deal with it, its the "ME ME" personna that is gonna kill us on gun rights, everyone get on the same page and "fight',
jmo
take it for what its worth, but slamming a person for a mistake, with out really knowing what went down, well now, ..................................
Rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

I read this morning that he stuffed his gun unholstered in the waistband of a pair of sweats? I couldnt imagine a gun staying in the waistband of sweat pants for three steps .. must have been good sweats .. just not good enough?
Steve_In_29

Post by Steve_In_29 »

knockonit wrote: November 30th, 2018, 7:26 am hehe, and you believe what the news folks wrote, ca'mon, you must understand the news is almost all bull pucky, never the truth, never on the path of the truth,

i've known folks that are some of the best pistoleros ever who have had nd's, the more you use them the more the odds are it will eventually happen,

you can claim hes not one of "us" , but all gun owners are put in the same column at the end of the day, we gotta own it, gotta deal with it, its the "ME ME" personna that is gonna kill us on gun rights, everyone get on the same page and "fight',
jmo
take it for what its worth, but slamming a person for a mistake, with out really knowing what went down, well now, ..................................
Rj
And supporting a person without knowing what went down isn't helping the cause either.

Facts are he was wearing sweatpants, no holster, had an ND in a public place where he shot himself but could have easily wounded or killed a bystander. An ND that could have been EASILY prevented by proper gun handling.

Bye the way, no one said he wasn't one of us. However being a gun owner does NOT get you a pass on stupidity.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, there is no facts, unless you actually think a reporter or cop provided the accurate information, if you believe that, well then, go down to yuma and buy some ocean front property, everyone is way too fast to jump on a ride that doesn't exist.

i have no idea what the issue or pants were, nor do i care, this is like fishing, threwout a line and a gaggle came a biting.
Rj
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I can't believe nobody has said it yet, but somebody's got to do it, so...
"Which model Glock was it?"
WyoGunner

Post by WyoGunner »

It must have been a Cock Glock.
Da-dum-dum…ssssh
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

smithers599 wrote: November 30th, 2018, 7:58 pm I can't believe nobody has said it yet, but somebody's got to do it, so...
"Which model Glock was it?"
Hate to be judgemental but I thought, no holster and stuffed in the front of sweat pants .... hipoint.