Bill to Remove Marijuana Question from ATF Gun Form

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Bill to Remove Marijuana Question from ATF Gun Form

Post by smithers599 »

The purpose of the government is to protect us -- including from ourselves.
To protect us from accidentally shooting ourselves and others, the government should prohibit us from carrying guns. It's for our own good. I mean, if you don't have a gun, you can't accidentally shoot yourself, can you?
Thanks, government!

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

needsmostuff wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 6:33 pm Seems to me that to pass promoting laws restricting the masses , due to the possible or even likely actions of a few is exactly how the gun ban hoplophobia gains traction.
If some one has legal weed and breaks a law , prosecute for the law that is broken.
Well said,... right on point!!!
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

redj wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 12:07 pm
338lapua wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 10:26 am

Then by your logic semi autos should be illegal because it makes it easier to shoot people and all alcohol should be banned it leads to domestic violence, traffic accidents as well. Lets at least get alcohol banned as we could be cleaning our gun when drunk and shoot someone. Everything can be abused but I am sick of the option for cancer patients who are gun owners not being allowed.
According to your very own statement alcohol apparently does lead to domestic violence.
After all you are the one that said you have at least 10 friends that have beat their wives after drinking alcohol. Then again you do like to tell stories.
A lot of domestic violence occurs when people are drinking, maybe you just don't have any friends. So why don't we ban alcohol which is a big cause of traffic accidents and violence. Salt and the amount of it in the American diet leads to high blood pressure. Most all processed food has added sugar and salt so that causes diabetes and more so lets ban that too. Or am I telling stories about that too moron?
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Has anyone ever heard that only law abiding citizens follow the laws they allow their representatives to legislate?

For every law on the books there are law breakers violating them every minute, of the day!

Seems rather stupid to have to say such a thing, but, with all of those thinking laws will some how save society from criminal acts probably need to read it!!!

If laws really did stop illegal acts, there would be no need for the acompanning punishment factor!!! Those factors, obviously are needed for expected violations some think can be legislated out of existence.
redj

Post by redj »

338lapua wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 1:29 pm
338lapua wrote: November 22nd, 2018, 10:26 am

Then by your logic semi autos should be illegal because it makes it easier to shoot people and all alcohol should be banned it leads to domestic violence, traffic accidents as well. Lets at least get alcohol banned as we could be cleaning our gun when drunk and shoot someone. Everything can be abused but I am sick of the option for cancer patients who are gun owners not being allowed.
According to your very own statement alcohol apparently does lead to domestic violence.
After all you are the one that said you have at least 10 friends that have beat their wives after drinking alcohol. Then again you do like to tell stories.
A lot of domestic violence occurs when people are drinking, maybe you just don't have any friends. So why don't we ban alcohol which is a big cause of traffic accidents and violence. Salt and the amount of it in the American diet leads to high blood pressure. Most all processed food has added sugar and salt so that causes diabetes and more so lets ban that too. Or am I telling stories about that too moron?
Sorry but unlike you I do not have any friends that beat their wives.
Is that something you are proud of ?
As far as the stories go , after reading some of the things you post it sure would be interesting to sit around a campfire and listen to you and Ranger1 tell stories.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Take a chill pill redj,... your starting to cross the line!
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

redj wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 3:33 pm
338lapua wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 1:29 pm

Sorry but unlike you I do not have any friends that beat their wives.
Is that something you are proud of ?
As far as the stories go , after reading some of the things you post it sure would be interesting to sit around a campfire and listen to you and Ranger1 tell stories.

A guy like you wouldn't even make it to the campground with me, I would leave your ass on the side. of the road somewhere. If you don't like what I say hit the little button so you don't have to read it.
redj

Post by redj »

338lapua wrote: November 24th, 2018, 12:45 pm

A guy like you wouldn't even make it to the campground with me, I would leave your ass on the side. of the road somewhere. If you don't like what I say hit the little button so you don't have to read it.
Why would I hit the little button ?
I like stories as much as the next guy.
ooda

Post by ooda »

If you smoke pot do not operate machinery or the use or carry of any fire arms. PERIOD...……...
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

I'm gonna guess that nobody in this thread has had a couple beers while out target shooing in the dez with buddies, right?..
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It's a federal form and a federal law. ATF doesn't give two shits what your state laws say. It will never be removed.
CBear486
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by CBear486 »

everybody and their great aunt probably lies on that question anyways.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Man, there is a lot of statism going on in this thread.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

XJThrottle wrote: November 25th, 2018, 3:28 pm I'm gonna guess that nobody in this thread has had a couple beers while out target shooing in the dez with buddies, right?..
Good guess :whistle: ,... not me!

I don't mix alcohol with firearms, and, I don't associate with anyone that does! This has been my personal policy since I first started deer hunting many, many, decades ago!
Last edited by shooter444 on November 27th, 2018, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

mallic wrote: November 26th, 2018, 7:45 pm Man, there is a lot of statism going on in this thread.
I would say there are a few on this thread that bought a pair of jack boots so they can practice their licking skills for the real thing.