AZCDL

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
Bucksnort
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

AZCDL

Post by Bucksnort »

I became active with AZCDL about one year ago (I will renew my membership at the next show). I have worked the table at two shows in Mesa and one in Phoenix. As John Kennedy said, "let me say this about that".

It took me about one nano-second to realize AZCDL is truly a quality organization and one that is very well organized. How do I know this, you ask? I will make a comparison with another similar organization.

I was a member of the Colorado State Shooting Association for many years. I worked the table many times at Tanner gun shows. It always amazed me how the organization was able to stay afloat. While working the table, most memberships taken were for the NRA and most lip service was for the NRA. It must have been better at one time because they produced a quarterly magazine, which had to be discontinued probably for monetary reasons.

From my experience at the tables, there were two of us who signed up more for the Association than all others. Both of us would move from the back side of the table to the aisle where we could wrestle people to the ground and make them say uncle. We always had a couple of containers of wrapped candy on the tables. I could easily gain the attention and usually a chuckle or two, from females by holding out a container and saying, "candy little girl". It was a good way to start a conversation and, fortunately, male companions didn't deck me.

I agree with Thom. Everyone should be a member of AZCDL and the NRA.

superdrag67
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: AZCDL

Post by superdrag67 »

I've never once been offered candy at the AZCDL tables. :cry:
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

superdrag67 wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 3:00 pm I've never once been offered candy at the AZCDL tables. :cry:

hehehe, you must not look like any little gal that BS appeals to, but keep trying i'm sure someone will reach out sooner or later. :dance: :clap: :whistle:

happy sunday
Rj
Flash

Post by Flash »

superdrag67 wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 3:00 pm I've never once been offered candy at the AZCDL tables. :cry:
Neither have I and I go to all the gun shows and make it a point to stop by and chat at the AzCDL booth.

I'll have to inquire about that at the next show.

If they say "eat candy, go for ride" I'm outa there.
thom

Post by thom »

I will try to remember candy at the November show, if I am there with Ed. Not gonna make the next ones.
Flash

Post by Flash »

thom wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 7:45 am I will try to remember candy at the November show, if I am there with Ed. Not gonna make the next ones.
Ed Martinez?
storage_man

Post by storage_man »

Flash wrote: September 4th, 2018, 5:42 am
thom wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 7:45 am I will try to remember candy at the November show, if I am there with Ed. Not gonna make the next ones.
Ed Martinez?
I believe that is who Thom is talking about. Ed manages most of the volunteers for the booths in the greater Phx area.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Yeah, I've known Ed for years. Spent an hour BSing with him and Glenn at the last gun show Sunday. I told him about thom and yes, he knows him and thought the candy thing was funny.
backcountry

Post by backcountry »

Hey Flash,

Long time since spoken. How's Mrs. Flash? Do you still you the loader I gave you (actually, you got it through Joshua, my son)?
If you are working the table at SAR, I would love to come by and say hello.
thom

Post by thom »

I won't be able to make the SAR show at the end of the month. I hope Ed has more volunteers because he planned on 2 AZCDL booths.
We need more members to fight the democraptic horde that just voted in Kristen Enema or else our state lawmakers will have a hard time supporting the AZCDL. WAY to many californication license plates in the neighborhoods now.
Maybe someone else will bring the candy.
toepopper

Post by toepopper »

Maybe you should bring some candy?? Donate it for a good cause? LOL!
Flash

Post by Flash »

backcountry wrote: November 13th, 2018, 8:16 am Hey Flash,

Long time since spoken. How's Mrs. Flash? Do you still you the loader I gave you (actually, you got it through Joshua, my son)?
If you are working the table at SAR, I would love to come by and say hello.
Long time no speak. Mrs. Flash is doing well and I am also. Hope all is well with you and yours. What's Joshua doing these days?

I still have the loader. It's a C&H and I restored it to showroom condition. Works great and I use it mostly for decapping. I'll never sell it, as I don't sell gun related stuff as a general rule.

I don't work the AzCDL tables for a couple of reasons, but I am a Life Member as is Mrs. Flash. We will be attending the SAR show, not sure what day yet, but probably Sunday.
backcountry

Post by backcountry »

Flash,

Joshua is doing great in the Navy. After finishing boot camp as Honor Cadet, he has made E5 in record time. He's trying to make the Admiral look good by doing extra training of others for him. Seems to be working really well as he now has a second Admiral vying for his time. His unit just lost their Chief so he is now the senior enlisted man as well. I'm pretty proud.

later,
Backcountry