H&K PSG1

Discuss rifles, carbines, and other long-arms here (AR-15's, AK's, etc...)
BigNate
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: H&K PSG1

Post by BigNate »

Kingjoey wrote: May 12th, 2022, 9:45 am I got to do some long range shooting with one years ago and it was nice but nothing spectacular. The reason for the price is the rarity, in the world of tactitubby HK fanbois it is a small price to pay to achieve certified "power bottom" status
Soooo... my Armalite AR-10(T) (Geneseo era) will shoot with it - and I can keep the briefcase full of cash in the safe... But I won't be able to say "I have an H&K PSG1..." Is that how I should read this? :-)

xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

Sounds like a gun a couple of guys named Skippy and Biff would be rocking at the SGC range
aroyobob

Post by aroyobob »

It's possible it fell into some niche category in a state awb that makes ownership possible. Mass has a category called "copies or duplicates" to try and extend their ban to models with the inevitable mods any ban based on cosmetic features is sure to inspire. The PSG1 might be different enough or for "target shooting" to get around that part of their law. Other states may have a grandfather clause for weapons manufactured before a specific date (sort of guessing there, pretty sure there are magazine bans with a grandfather date feature.)

https://www.mass.gov/guides/frequently- ... ent-notice