Revolvers - Any wheelgun fans still out there

Discuss handguns, revolvers and other pistol-type arms.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Revolvers - Any wheelgun fans still out there

Post by knockonit »

I have quite a few of Alex's renditions, and have to say, i will be adding more as time allows, and he is old and he isn't as quite as slow as he claims,but its well worth the wait.
Rj

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Very nice stuff on your site. Probably gonna hurt my wallet. :lol:
DuneShoot

Post by DuneShoot »

shooter444 wrote: November 15th, 2018, 8:36 am :clap: Nice 460 revo,... DoonShoot!! :clap:
I like it more than I thought I would. Recoil is significant but a lot less than I was expecting. Weight of the gun and the brake probably help.

Here's a video I made while I was in my 'blow stuff up' phase. Now I like to shoot it at 100 yards. Tried 200 once and got a few hits but started to flinch to much :)

Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

XJThrottle wrote: November 15th, 2018, 7:06 pm Very nice stuff on your site. Probably gonna hurt my wallet. :lol:
Lol... that is just a sampling. I stitch them all by hand and take a great deal of pride in my stitching.

But .. back to revolvers. I had a 629 4" and I freagin loved shooting it ... but at the time I wasn't reloading and when ammo became scarce I couldn't afford to feed it so I sold it. Regret that one!

I have become a solid Ruger guy and keep my eye out for a 44 now that I roll my own.
DuneShoot

Post by DuneShoot »

backcountry wrote: November 15th, 2018, 9:52 am

No body had any good news on LGS with revolvers. Either the prices were too steep or the inventory didn't exist. I'll try Legendary Guns.

What kind of shooting do you do with your revolvers?
AJI out in Apache Junction always has a nice selection of new and used.
Chambered USA in Goodyear has 2 used PC's. One in 44 and one in 9. Both with longer barrels and around $900 IIRC. Also a new Model 60 (I think) shorter barrel.

I got really lucky at Tombstone tactical with this Model 629. Trigger has for sure had work done and a gold bead front sight added. Most likely by Nelson Ford.

Would love to find a 4" version.
DuneShoot

Post by DuneShoot »

686's.
Would like a clip on holster for the shorty. Probably be a big bulge in my pants though ;)

DuneShoot

Post by DuneShoot »

Boriqua wrote: November 15th, 2018, 6:49 pm Hey Brandon
I have some sampling of the stuff I do at
www.boriqualeather.com

But I don't use machines or have people. I do everything by hand so I am little old and slow.
Ever made an IWB clip on for a short 686?
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

DuneShoot wrote: November 15th, 2018, 8:28 pm
shooter444 wrote: November 15th, 2018, 8:36 am :clap: Nice 460 revo,... DoonShoot!! :clap:
I like it more than I thought I would. Recoil is significant but a lot less than I was expecting. Weight of the gun and the brake probably help.

Here's a video I made while I was in my 'blow stuff up' phase. Now I like to shoot it at 100 yards. Tried 200 once and got a few hits but started to flinch to much :)

I recognize that video.

Hey Mike..
DuneShoot

Post by DuneShoot »

Umm, hey?
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I've been shooting revolvers since I started shooting back in the mid seventies. I mostly shot S&W revolvers for double actions and Rugers for single actions. Thankfully, I managed to hang onto most of them. While I don't use revolvers for any serious use anymore I still enjoy them as fun range time.

I did decide to cut down on my guns when I retired a few years back. So I did get rid of a lot of my guns and stupidly some of those were revolvers. So I actually wound up replacing a few revolvers recently. I've mostly used Gunbroker for revolvers but locally I found that Arizona Firearms and Pawn in their Tempe location have some older revolvers on occasion.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I am a revolver fan. Someday i want an original colt saa. Back in the mid 80's United sporting arms used to bring all of there frames and cylinders to my business to get magnafluxed. The frames were 17-4 SS castings like the rugers. I always wanted to get one of the .357 maximum guns they built but at the time i did not have the money. Had not heard that name for a long time. We also did work for Arminex and White Muzzle loaders. The Arminex 1911 was interesting, but again uncommon today. One of the guys involved in Arminex is still in business up in Payson doing other gun stuff. Anyway thanks for jogging my memory and yes there are revolver fans out here. I especially like Single Actions for the nostalgia.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

I too seem to gravitate toward revolvers , both SA and DA. My ratio on handguns is roughly 5 (revolvers ) to 1 (semi-auto). And I'm not hurtin for semis.
I too have been theoretically reducing my total number of guns since I retired.
Dang it the number keeps going up . You know , sell one , get bored , wander by a pawn shop , buy 2.
And there are a lot of Pawn shops, Sheeeeeese!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

DuneShoot wrote: November 15th, 2018, 8:39 pm
Boriqua wrote: November 15th, 2018, 6:49 pm Hey Brandon
I have some sampling of the stuff I do at
www.boriqualeather.com

But I don't use machines or have people. I do everything by hand so I am little old and slow.
Ever made an IWB clip on for a short 686?
How short we talking? I would be willing to give it a shot. If it doesnt work out you dont pay for it. Email me so we can go over some details.
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

needsmostuff wrote: November 16th, 2018, 7:41 am I too seem to gravitate toward revolvers , both SA and DA. My ratio on handguns is roughly 5 (revolvers ) to 1 (semi-auto). And I'm not hurtin for semis.
I too have been theoretically reducing my total number of guns since I retired.
Dang it the number keeps going up . You know , sell one , get bored , wander by a pawn shop , buy 2.
And there are a lot of Pawn shops, Sheeeeeese!
You know ... I have never been to a pawn shop. I see them all over the place but have never gone in... are there deals to be had there or just cool older stuff?
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

I thought i was alone in my unsuccessful plan to eliminate quantity as i grow older..... Pawn shops have never been on my radar either hmmm.... No must not go to pawn shops.....