Preppers Discount in Chandler on the news with Marc Victor

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Suck My Glock
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Preppers Discount in Chandler on the news with Marc Victor

Post by Suck My Glock »

I love what Preppers Discount does and wish them a long and healthy life,...but,...this makes me think they'll be getting their door kicked in by ATF someday. They won't deserve it, but they dare to be American in public, so....

McKnight55

Re: Preppers Discount in Chandler on the news with Marc Victor

Post by McKnight55 »

Is there a physical address or just drop shipping ?
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I had not heard of them, so I looked them up, just to get their address. I was surprised by what I found. For example:
https://www.bbb.org/us/az/chandler/prof ... complaints
09/07/2021
So I ordered a gun part (a forced reset trigger) on August 28,2021 for the amount of $498.91 from peepers discount.com and what they sent was not the trigger but a card with a picture of a middle finger.
I made a purchase through this company and the company refuses to return emails or phone calls. I have since tried to cancel my order with the same return. No email or phone calls
Plus many other complaints on Yelp, etc. I get the impression they are not good people to do business with.
After ordering 2 small items totaling $83 I waited 2 months / 8 weeks. During this time I sent 2 emails and left one voicemail. After not receiving any update on my order I sent an email inquiring if this was a scam, the following email was sent in response (copied & pasted directly).

Sometimes its people like you who just make others want to slap stupid f*cks upside the head....
You have had 3 orders...2 have been delivered and received so Im (sic) going to address your first issue of retardation.

If this were a scam, would you have gotten your other orders???....NOPE!
So your comment of a scam is amazing and your level of stupidity is uncanny.
As for the order your (sic)waiting on...titanium is EXTREMLY (sic) hard to get and we clearly explain that on the phone answering system with daily updates.

So we are finishing up the titanium adapters Tues and Wed and shipping out on Thurs and Friday....HOWEVER, since you feel the need to overwhelm us with your ignorance we are very uncomfortable selling you anything related to firearms and think that you should not even be in possession of any for your own safety.

Therefore we are going to issue you a refund for your 83 dollars (fyi, we do 3.7M annually) and ask that you start spending it on furthering your grade school education passed (sic) 4th grade.

Thank you

Eric Polson,
VP Western Sales Division
McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

There is an address on that BBB complaint.
Click on...

Business Details
Location of This Business
6500 W Frye Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226

BBB File Opened:
12/21/2016
Years in Business:
Business Started:
12/21/2016
Type of Entity:
Sole Proprietorship
Alternate Business Name
Prepper's Discount Inc
Additional Contact Information
Email Addresses

Email this BusinessSales
Email this Busine
McKnight55

Post by McKnight55 »

There is an address on that BBB complaint.
Click on...

Business Details
Location of This Business
6500 W Frye Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226

BBB File Opened:
12/21/2016
Years in Business:
Business Started:
12/21/2016
Type of Entity:
Sole Proprietorship
Alternate Business Name
Prepper's Discount Inc
Additional Contact Information
Email Addresses

Email this BusinessSales
Email this Busine
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

The BBB link is now broken. Very odd. Some of the same stuff is posted here.
https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/pre ... on-1511465

Just out of curiosity, I tried looking them up on the AZ Corporation Commission site, but nothing came up. I also did an entity search on the Secretary of State website in case they were operating under a DBA. Nothing there either. I did a whois search on their domain, and it brought an Illinois address up. Maybe an out-of-state business?
https://www.whois.com/whois/preppersdiscount.com
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

AZ_Five56 wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 3:40 pm The BBB link is now broken. Very odd. Some of the same stuff is posted here.
https://www.ripoffreport.com/report/pre ... on-1511465

Just out of curiosity, I tried looking them up on the AZ Corporation Commission site, but nothing came up. I also did an entity search on the Secretary of State website in case they were operating under a DBA. Nothing there either. I did a whois search on their domain, and it brought an Illinois address up. Maybe an out-of-state business?
https://www.whois.com/whois/preppersdiscount.com
If you look at the whois link I posted, the website domain name is registered to Trixie Lo in Lake Zurich, Illinois. Now when I search for the gentleman's name, Randy Looke, from the video @Suck My Glock posted, it brings up this article about him scamming on eBay about 9 years ago from Lake Zurich, Illinois when he sold an RV that he did not furnish. This is similar to the BBB reports that @smithers599 mentioned. He was doing the scam under the name Andy Lo. So, basically, this guy is full of s***. He has been charged with felony theft in the past. Randy Looke has operated under the assumed name Andy Lo, and perhaps he is also the Trixie Lo that the website is registered to, or perhaps that's a spouse's assumed name. This Eric Polson, VP of Western Sales Division, that is giving rebuttals to the BBB reports is probably the same bullshit artist too. I think it's safe to say, stay away from Prepper's Discount.

https://patch.com/illinois/lakezurich/l ... lony-theft
https://www.bizapedia.com/il/preppers-discount-inc.html

I also round this article about porch pirates stealing packages, and Randy Looke commented on the story. Maybe it was the porch pirates that stole the RV he sold on eBay, lol.
https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/repor ... in-the-u-s
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

Why would you buy a Rare Breed trigger through a dealer for upwards of $600 when you can buy direct for $400 shipped
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

XJThrottle wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 5:03 pm Why would you buy a Rare Breed trigger through a dealer for upwards of $600 when you can buy direct for $400 shipped
I don't know. I thought Rare Breed was keeping up pretty good with demand these days. After they were first released, I regularly saw them sell between $600 and $800 from private sellers. I thought those days were long gone.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

AZ_Five56 wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 5:09 pm
XJThrottle wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 5:03 pm Why would you buy a Rare Breed trigger through a dealer for upwards of $600 when you can buy direct for $400 shipped
I don't know. I thought Rare Breed was keeping up pretty good with demand these days. After they were first released, I regularly saw them sell between $600 and $800 from private sellers. I thought those days were long gone.
They're in stock currently at RB. Any time I've looked into them they have been so too.

Just wonderin'.