Mesa crossroads show

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
Lwstarks
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Mesa crossroads show

Post by Lwstarks »

Yesterday I went as it opened. I haven’t been able to go to a show in quite a while and I was left with many astonishments. Astonished at crossroads for not letting someone bring in guns to sell out of a wagon. Also the price with a coupon was $13. Astonished at the prices people were asking for both guns and ammo. Astonished at how few people were there(I guess I’m trying to compare it to a fairgrounds show). I did find a few deals on brass, and some walther ppk holsters.

Plenty of knives, art, coins, empty tables, besides the gun stuff.

thom

Re: Mesa crossroads show

Post by thom »

I think most of the shoppers were at the Tru-Shot happening yesterday. The entrance line was over 1/4 off a mile long. 5 across when I went by there.
DrEarlCordova

Post by DrEarlCordova »

I thought that show sucked the last time I went there 15 years ago.
Nanny18
Banned
Banned

Post by Nanny18 »

Is it really that bad?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It’s not a good show. Free parking is the best part. The Queen Creek show is much better, but gun shows in general are a declining proposition. Years ago most vendors didn’t charge sales tax, but city of Phoenix cracked down a few years ago. Primers and powder are nearly non-existent, and when you see them prices are $60+/lb or 120+ for 1k primers (cheaper online if you look and have some patience). It’s the same vendors, in the same spots, every show.

The SAR show in December is the only show worth attending, and even then paying for parking and the inflated entry fee is borderline.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I was at the show both days. Saw at least 3 or 4 folks with 'wagon loads' of guns to sell, LOL. I even saw a couple of OG vatos who'd obviously bought a wagonload of guns.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Mesa show today and tomorrow…but don’t bother. Worst show I’ve ever seen in Mesa. Half the venue is closed. It’s mostly junk optics and crystal figurines. That’s not a overstatement.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Quiet is RIGHT! The room to the left of the snack bar window was walled off...closed. Plus, there was still floorspace not filled in the main room.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

pneuby wrote: January 1st, 2022, 9:39 pm Quiet is RIGHT! The room to the left of the snack bar window was walled off...closed. Plus, there was still floorspace not filled in the main room.
It was the most pathetic excuse for a gun show I have every seen. There was more quality guns for sale at the Rio Salado member swap meet a few months back. Every gun show lately, I keep seeing more and more non-gun related vendors show up...this time there was a vendor selling Lego mini figures and dinosaur toys...WTF? I know the people running Crossroads are hard up for vendor cash, but Jesus H Christ...LEGO? The largest vendor in attendance was the people selling crystal ornaments?...I guess that's what you would call them...crystal balls with laser holograms in them....whatever they are, it's s***. I was incredibly tempted to ask for my money back as I was walking out the door. I know it was NYE day, but still...it was an incredibly pathetic show.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I agree with QuietM4. The SAR show is the only one worthy going to.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

I thought it really stupid Crossroads had a show on New Years Day, I’ve been in AZ since before Ev Mecham and I’ve never seen a promoter do that. Plus Omicron is keeping a lotta folks away, but there’s a far bigger problem in that a gunshow monopoly exists in Phoenix which has gobbled up and/or driven out the other shows. “Back in the day” there were a number of different shows and each had a distinctive “flavor”. Arizona Arms Association was at Centennial Hall (a really good show), Roadrunner shows were at Glendale (another good show), there was a nice little VFW show on Thomas Road east Phoenix, that left Termark and Crossroads to share the Fairgrounds. For years Crossroads was the better show as they didn’t allow all the doll, jewelry, and turkey jerky tables. Eventually Crossroads bought out Termark, took over the AAA show, with the Glendale and VFW shows stopping altogether. Crossroads has become the gunshow equivalent of Standard Oil in the Phoenix area and since they have the market nailed down therefore they can do pretty much whatever they wanna do.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

For the record, I’m perfectly fine with the beef jerky vendors…that’s usually my only purchase at a gun show.

But, I’m sick of the people with the jewelry, crystal sculptures, toys, dolls, etc. I can’t imagine it’s profitable for them to be there…they have 6-10 tables at $100 each, plus food, travel, etc. I don’t know who their customer is.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

QuietM4 wrote: January 3rd, 2022, 2:55 pm For the record, I’m perfectly fine with the beef jerky vendors…that’s usually my only purchase at a gun show.

But, I’m sick of the people with the jewelry, crystal sculptures, toys, dolls, etc. I can’t imagine it’s profitable for them to be there…they have 6-10 tables at $100 each, plus food, travel, etc. I don’t know who their customer is.
Yeah I never see anybody buy a damn thing from them either and it really sucks if you wind up buying a table at a show and get stuck next to one. Folks look at the jewelrydollscrystal crap, their eyes go blank, and they walk right past you……