The thin layer of civilization, eh?

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
shooter444
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: The thin layer of civilization, eh?

Post by shooter444 »

Harrier wrote: October 8th, 2018, 7:09 pm We must be in the same area as I have Mohaves too, along with diamondbacks - I know what you mean, I had one 42" take 2 44 snake loads, three 38 snake loads and a bullet before he finally succumbed to a shovel - man was he determined - and they were all good hits, especially the shovel.
Dispatching Mohaves,... HEAD SHOT, HEAD SHOT, HEAD SHOT,.... period,... rocks, shot, or shovel, makes no diff!!!

When I lived in Cave Creek, I wrangled tourists out on the Tonto with my Comanche brother. Awhile back he called to tell me about a Mohave he ran across,... for him, to remark about a Mohave, I knew something was up.

He said he was out on the Tonto, and was about to cross cave creek onto the 6L, when a single-foot'n mare I gave him started snort'n and pawing the ground. When he dismounted she tried to put herself between him and the high weeds on the edge of the creek. She WILL and HAS killed rattlers. From her actions he knew it was a snake. He doesn't like her killing them if he can help it, always afraid she will get hit. So he pulled his sidearm and took a step towards the water's edge when the mother of all Mohaves came out of the grass AFTER HIM,... he said, at one point the bastard raised up so high he thought it was trying to look him in square in the eye! And when he struck, it reached over half the length of its six and a half foot body.

Well, his mare is going crazy trying to get at the snake to protect him,... while he is trying to back up, get a bead on it, and protect her at the same time! All while the bastard is charging him and his horse, with serious intent!!!

Needless to say, it was a Mohave fight to remember,... as I am remembering it now. I think he said it had over 20 rattles,...a big old bastard, and was as mean, as it was big!!!

Anybody else like snake stories,...:happy-jumpeveryone:,... besides me ?

shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

[quote=XJThrottle post_id=11274 time=1539037568 user_id=553]
Cool fort.

But, could you eat it all before someone got to any of it?

Ahhh,... amateurs, amateurs, everywhere! :whistle:

XLThrottle,... your concern is touching, but, you ask the wrong questions!

Your question should be,... could I eat it all, before someone successfully got to any of it?

Now,... guess what my answer would be! 8-)
Harrier

Post by Harrier »

They are aggressive... that one I mentioned had lots of bb's in the head- he was coming across the back 2A horse pen from the state land behind that, when he saw me coming in the gate about 100yds away to his side... he changed direction and came right for me!

We had another incident where the snake chased my wife across the yard! They ain't scared of ya that's for sure.
Neighbor just lost a dog to one.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Harrier wrote: October 9th, 2018, 4:07 pm They are aggressive... that one I mentioned had lots of bb's in the head- he was coming across the back 2A horse pen from the state land behind that, when he saw me coming in the gate about 100yds away to his side... he changed direction and came right for me!

We had another incident where the snake chased my wife across the yard! They ain't scared of ya that's for sure.
Neighbor just lost a dog to one.
Hmmm,...that's why I went to #6 shot! Maybe we are closer than I thought!!! The 12 sections I mentioned earlier, that are off the back side of my horse pasture, it's all state land,... hmmm!