Laser trainers, your thoughts?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Laser trainers, your thoughts?

Post by kenpoprofessor »

So, a very close friend, and one of my Kenpo students, picked up one of these.

Told us, the group, it was the best thing he's found for training practically, you only miss the recoil :o

Now, I got the cheaper version because I could get two, in different calibers, for the same price.

I can tell you, it has definitely got me finding the front sight, and using a red dot and getting it not only sighted in, but to bring into vision without searching for it, while getting the trigger pull to associate the beam and the red dot simultaneously.

So, any thoughts on the pros and cons???

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

Brlux

Re: Laser trainers, your thoughts?

Post by Brlux »

I love mine, but it really comes in to it's own with a true DA pistol that doesn't need the slide racked each time. I really like using it with my Taurus 24/7 or G2
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Brlux wrote: September 15th, 2021, 3:02 pm I love mine, but it really comes in to it's own with a true DA pistol that doesn't need the slide racked each time. I really like using it with my Taurus 24/7 or G2
Yes, my fingers are starting to get well worn in that respect with my Glocks and Shield in play.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Doc

Post by Doc »

Tough to beat in these ammo pries.
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

What brand is everyone here sold on?
Brlux

Post by Brlux »

I have the Pink Rhino in 9mm and a Mantis Blackbeard for the AR. The Blackbeard is an amazing concept that stumbles a bit on execution. I preordered it about 3 months before it started shipping. It took them 3 attempts to get me one that worked. It is still a bit fickle on which rifle I run it in and the angle of the magazine. I hope they can sort out the reliability because it is an amazing concept.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Both my wife and I have been using the Mantis Laser Academy package. It actually makes dry fire practice pretty fun if you can believe that. It's not pricey and it works in conjunction with your phone for scoring and training. The standard kit is a complete deal.

https://mantisx.com/collections/laser-academy
Cubiclerevolt

Post by Cubiclerevolt »

SupportTheSecond wrote: September 16th, 2021, 7:16 am Both my wife and I have been using the Mantis Laser Academy package. It actually makes dry fire practice pretty fun if you can believe that. It's not pricey and it works in conjunction with your phone for scoring and training. The standard kit is a complete deal.

https://mantisx.com/collections/laser-academy
I second this, bought another one which is kind of a rip off of this and returned it. No pun intended.

Picked up the complete kit and it's been awesome in zeroing my RMR on my pistols that run them.

I also have the Mantis X3 which has helped fix some of my bad habits of squeezing too hard and being heavy with my trigger.

Great company.
glock holiday

Post by glock holiday »

I had the mantis x3 also and me and the kid used it for a while and it worked great, I went ahead and passed it along to other family so they can get GUD with their pieces…but the mantis worked great it was just expensive ($180)
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

So I’m guessing this means I would have to buy a smart phone 📞🤓 It would be great to use around the house in the comfy of the AC in the summer
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

xerts1191 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 3:45 pm So I’m guessing this means I would have to buy a smart phone 📞🤓 It would be great to use around the house in the comfy of the AC in the summer
Nope, not at all, the laser is visual, you can see where it's shooting to. I just pick random stuff, get sights aligned and "click". Well, then again, not sure which one you're referring to though.

Clyde
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Great for dryfire practice (trigger control)....keep that laser dot still, any movement and that is where the bullet would impact.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Tenring wrote: September 16th, 2021, 4:23 pm Great for dryfire practice (trigger control)....keep that laser dot still, any movement and that is where the bullet would impact.
Definitely dual purpose, wears that grit off the trigger mechanism to get it smooth. Amazingly, I was pulling left when I first started, now, I'm dead on 99% of the time.

Clyde
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

i'm waiting to see the ak, and the shout" wolverines'' , funny shiat for sure.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

kenpoprofessor wrote: September 16th, 2021, 4:28 pm
Tenring wrote: September 16th, 2021, 4:23 pm Great for dryfire practice (trigger control)....keep that laser dot still, any movement and that is where the bullet would impact.
Definitely dual purpose, wears that grit off the trigger mechanism to get it smooth. Amazingly, I was pulling left when I first started, now, I'm dead on 99% of the time.

Clyde
HaHa yep...wifee used to flinch so bad she would shoot the feet/dirt of the target at 10yds, now after some practice she can put together some nice groups. I told her hold the laser dot still as possible while the trigger breaks.