Crossroads Show, State Fairgrounds July 9,10,11

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
Slater
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Crossroads Show, State Fairgrounds July 9,10,11

Post by Slater »

This is the first three-day show I can recall in July. Not really expecting any deals on ammo, although availability is starting to improve.

Flash

Re: Crossroads Show, State Fairgrounds July 9,10,11

Post by Flash »

And so is pricing.
rbking

Post by rbking »

I was hoping to make it on Sat. Till I found out it's going to be 115. Hopefully the Sep. show will be a little cooler.
Flash

Post by Flash »

rbking wrote: July 5th, 2021, 10:01 pm I was hoping to make it on Sat. Till I found out it's going to be 115. Hopefully the Sep. show will be a little cooler.
It's in the Ice House, which is very well air conditioned.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

DId you call and confirm with them? I emailed the same question, but they're prolly too overwhelmed to respond.

Either way, the Ice House is a sauna on either side room, which is easily from 1/3 to half of the vendors as on the rink slab.
Flash

Post by Flash »

pneuby wrote: July 7th, 2021, 7:45 am DId you call and confirm with them? I emailed the same question, but they're prolly too overwhelmed to respond.

Either way, the Ice House is a sauna on either side room, which is easily from 1/3 to half of the vendors as on the rink slab.
No, it's in a huge red sign on their website.

https://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/

pneuby

Post by pneuby »

LOL, yeah. I had checked their site BEFORE the banner got posted. But, they DID answer my email yesterday. Strange that they don't open until NOON on Friday. OTOH< I would hope that every dealer there will be present, with the blankets off of their stuff so you can see it, LOL.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

LOL, yeah. I had checked their site BEFORE the banner got posted. But, they DID answer my email yesterday. Strange that they don't open until NOON on Friday. OTOH< I would hope that every dealer there will be present, with the blankets off of their stuff so you can see it, LOL.
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Did anybody go?
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

I went. First time in a long time that I was disappointed at a Crossroads show in Phx. It was down, in my estimate, 50% of the number of vendors I am used to there. I walked the whole show and was done in a little over an hour. I would normally be closer to 2.5 hours. I found no deals. There was quite a bit to see. But overpriced was the word the day.

I drove up from Tucson. I am now wondering the September show will be worth the drive?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Gun shows are dead now, the internet has taken over in almost every aspect. If you find that hard to accept, well, get over it, it'll only get worse. I haven't been to one in many years, found whatever I need online or sourced locally for a price I didn't mind paying. Places like AMMO A-Z are dominant, and they'd lose money if they went to shows. Their in house sales dwarf most of the other stores. And, their ammo is priced for you to become a loyal customer, not a weekend sale. Mom and Pop business, kids growing up in a gun store.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Thankyou for the input folks.. Much appreciated... Will sleep in and get the smoker going on Sunday morning instead :dance:
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

It was not a bad show, I got to walk around for a little bit and picked up a Dillon Terminator scale for $60, a really nice 16" Colt pencil barrel for $125, 3 Mean arms 9mm adaptors for $40.... Tim McBride hooked me up with a few little odds and ends that he didn't want to take home. Talked to Pneuby for a few mins as he was walking by my buddies table..

I don't set my expectations very high on me finding anything but when I do find something it is always nice. I very rarely look at the main dealers and will hit up the little guys that have just random stuff and dig through the boxes they bring. Sure, I don't always find things every show, but the hunt to find things is where the fun is for me.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I'm with you muta4warrior, guns shows are very much alive and well and almost always offer bargains to those who look closely.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

You can always find bargains on beef jerky, costume jewelry, dishes, purses, mini collectible spoons, snow globes, etc., etc., etc.. Anything your heart desires, except firearms and ammo. It's more of a swap meet than a gunshow.

Sure, you might find some obsolete parts that 99.9% of the public doesn't want or need .

Like someone else said, gunshows are dead. But, the Cross Roads of the West swap meets are alive and well.