Now is the time to stock up for the Next (Real) Pandemic

Discuss being prepared for contingencies and emergencies. Oh yeah, and the coming Zombie Apocalypse, of course!
AR-15Man
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Now is the time to stock up for the Next (Real) Pandemic

Post by AR-15Man »

Regardless of your views on the nature and reaction to the corona virus, it wasn't the BIG one. That pandemic is still in our collective futures. It's time to get prepared for it.

Products are starting to become available again. Real American N-95 masks, half face respirators, P-100 filters, gas masks, Powered Air systems. Thanks to a massive ramp up in production and falling demand, they're dirt cheap. Cheaper than pre-corona virus prices. You will never find a better time to get your bases covered for pandemic preparedness.

N-95 Masks:

3M 8511 Particulate Disposable Respirator

3M N95 Particulate Respirator

3M Personal Protective Equipment Particulate Respirator 8210

Half Face Respirators:

3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6200

3M Rugged Comfort Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6503

3M Rugged Comfort Quick Latch Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6502QL

3M 2091 P100 Particulate Filter

Gas Masks and Powered Air systems:

MIRA Safety CM-6M

MIRA Safety CM-7M

MIRA Safety ParticleMax P3 Virus Filters

MIRA Safety Powered Air Purifying Respirator
Last edited by AR-15Man on June 15th, 2021, 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

iammaxwell

Re: Now is the time to stock up for the Next (Real) Pandemic

Post by iammaxwell »

Don't forget the food, water, fuel, etc.
Suck My Glock

Post by Suck My Glock »

I think this is a real concern.

Due to the fatigue of this "thing" (whether it was human-made or naturally occurring doesn't matter in this context), folks are sooooooo tired of thinking about this crap, they will all likely put this out of their heads as soon as it seems over, vowing to simply put it behind them forever, never to darken their memories again..

But completely separate from did or didn't happen during this "pandemic", we have now seen how bad it CAN be at the LOWEST level of a real plague. It is statistically entirely possible that an actual azz-kicker pandemic could come our way at any future point. Whether it's next year or 10 years from now, or 50,...it will eventually happen.

So as much as we all want to put it behind us,...as the availability of supplies returns to "normal", forward-looking folks should capitalize on that time to stock up and be even better prepared the next time,...if it comes early.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Great reminder thanks for posting.
samnev

Post by samnev »

OP, Are you picturing a dystopian future?
AR-15Man

Post by AR-15Man »

That's the thing about Pandemics. The math really isn't on our side. It's really not an if, it's a when the big one will hit. My biggest fear at the moment is pandemic fatigue, that people won't learn form this and gladly thrust their heads back in the sand. Use the Corona Virus as a dry run. Learn from it. We all now have experienced, at least to some small degree, what the big one will entail. I went to the store almost every day in the beginning, not because I needed anything (my preps were solid) but because I wanted to gain an understanding of how people reacted to the situation.

The masks went first. Within days you couldn't find an N-95 mask in the whole city. The other PPE went soon after. Gloves, hand sanitizer of all types, bleach and cleaning supplies in general, including paper towels were just gone. Any over the counter medication that was even remotely related to covid symptoms went next. Food after that, first freeze dried food online was suddenly sold out and then the canned food section was thinned out, then the rice, then the ramen, then the pasta and then everything with even a little bit of a shelf life. Bottled water went at the same time.

Then there was the item no one saw coming, toilet paper. I don't know what the next "toilet paper" will be, but you can expect at least one product to be picked through for no reason other than blind panic and irrational fear. Social media fueled mobs of fearful idiots willing to assault their fellow man over a few squares of paper.

Don't put yourself in a position where you are standing with your shopping cart in a mile long line of people. Prep now. The next one will be worse.
Miker12

Post by Miker12 »

As a medic who worked in instruction and in the field for the last 18 months these are the things that could not be replaced:

Circuit boards for our assessment devices (ECG, etc) as well as truck/car parts from overseas
Saline IV was limited at times due to shipping not working from Puerto Rico and other places
Gloves and masks, of course. Personally I am buying a PAPR device with three backup batteries to save the masks and google wear.
Tyvek suits in XXL or XXXL were gone
O2 tanks (D- and E size) were in short supply and barely refillable due to O2 supplies depleted
Decon wipes for equipment and suits
Sprayable decon like Lysol or other disinfectant (maybe even a lawn fertilizer spreader with hose and kiddie pool)

Lots of our populace who we ran calls on had the following problems:
1) lack of medicine for 90 days or more, same with contacts and back up glasses, hearing aids and batteries
2) soap, shampoo, razors, underarm deodorants, toothpaste and toothbrushes, skin care
3) wound care materials for post surgical and incision care
4) back up O2 supplies
5) pet food
6) lack of getting outside, lack of living in fear, lack of stepping up to medical tyranny and demanding their rights.

Personally, I think these last 18 months were a trial run and now that over 2.5 billion of the world population have been "injected" (https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... acker.html), most non-censored scientists and doctors agree that there might be a large die-off come this winter when another covid like disease 'appears' you might want to consider the following:

simple burnable body bags
some type of SCBA hoods/masks....decaying bodies will make you puke
Large latex heavy duty dishwashing gloves and waterproof cleanable boots.
getting your affairs in order to move out to a more remote camp with own water, own electrical, own septic.
jledman

Post by jledman »

AR-15Man wrote: June 14th, 2021, 5:40 pm Regardless of your views on the nature and reaction to the corona virus, it wasn't the BIG one. That pandemic is still in our collective futures. It's time to get prepared for it.

Products are starting to become available again. Real American N-95 masks, half face respirators, P-100 filters, gas masks, Powered Air systems. Thanks to a massive ramp up in production and falling demand, they're dirt cheap. Cheaper than pre-corona virus prices. You will never find a better time to get your bases covered for pandemic preparedness.

N-95 Masks:

3M 8511 Particulate Disposable Respirator

3M N95 Particulate Respirator

3M Personal Protective Equipment Particulate Respirator 8210

Half Face Respirators:

3M Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6200

3M Rugged Comfort Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6503

3M Rugged Comfort Quick Latch Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 6502QL

3M 2091 P100 Particulate Filter

Gas Masks and Powered Air systems:

MIRA Safety CM-6M

MIRA Safety CM-7M

MIRA Safety ParticleMax P3 Virus Filters

MIRA Safety Powered Air Purifying Respirator
Very nice list as usefull information. Thanks.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Which of the items listed above are truly effective at protection from viruses? I can't imagine that the N95s are?
Doc

Post by Doc »

I’m buying a big bottle of lube and jacking off the the entire next pandemic….just like I did this time.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Old Jeff H wrote: June 25th, 2021, 10:04 am Which of the items listed above are truly effective at protection from viruses? I can't imagine that the N95s are?
N95's are as effective as surgical masks (not at all) unless they are properly fitted. Hardly any one is properly fitted for an N95 unless you are in a medical field...I can't count how many people I saw with N95's over beards or with HUGE gaps between the skin and mask surface.

I still have toilet paper from March 2020, so I'm good for a while...it should last me through this summer.

I'm also not about to spend thousands of dollars just so I MIGHT live a month longer than everyone else. The EMP report that came out a few years back says that 90% of Americans will die within 1 year of an EMP detonation or a Carrington-type event. I don't want to be in that 10%.
samnev

Post by samnev »

QuietM4 wrote: June 26th, 2021, 12:50 am
Old Jeff H wrote: June 25th, 2021, 10:04 am Which of the items listed above are truly effective at protection from viruses? I can't imagine that the N95s are?
N95's are as effective as surgical masks (not at all) unless they are properly fitted. Hardly any one is properly fitted for an N95 unless you are in a medical field...I can't count how many people I saw with N95's over beards or with HUGE gaps between the skin and mask surface.

I still have toilet paper from March 2020, so I'm good for a while...it should last me through this summer.

I'm also not about to spend thousands of dollars just so I MIGHT live a month longer than everyone else. The EMP report that came out a few years back says that 90% of Americans will die within 1 year of an EMP detonation or a Carrington-type event. I don't want to be in that 10%.
Neither do I :shock:
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

DevilDocAZ wrote: June 25th, 2021, 5:36 pm I’m buying a big bottle of lube and jacking off the the entire next pandemic….just like I did this time.
I have a fleshlight to go with my 5 gallon bucket of lube.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

I did a couple security contracts for infectious diseases overseas and we were suited head to toe with powered air filters. Nobody got sick wearing this gear. Anything less is just to make a person feel safe and secure, its like getting a massage in a wet suit it does nothing. I still maintain this gear and keep everything up to date. This scamdemic I did not wear a mask one time and I did not get sick nor did any of my employees and I had a no mask rule.

Next time they pull thisshit I will be out of the country for good.
Flash

Post by Flash »

338lapua wrote: June 26th, 2021, 10:41 am
Next time they pull this s*** I will be out of the country for good.
Which country are you going to head for?