AZCDL does NOT give political endorsements

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

AZCDL does NOT give political endorsements

Post by smithers599 »

Got this email:

We once again want to remind everyone that the Arizona Citizens Defense League does NOT endorse ANY candidate for public office or get involved in ANY elections. We are no longer associated with ANY political action committee, nor does ANY political committee or candidate for office have our permission to use our name or logo.

As we announced in our Alert of February 24, we have officially dissolved our relationship with our former political action committee. At that time, the web and social media pages were shut down, and all activity was supposed to be discontinued. Unfortunately, the leadership of our former PAC appears to have interpreted “cease all activity, including any use of our name and logo” as “whenever we get around to it.” As many of our members and supporters have informed us, when they receive a list of “endorsed” candidates from a group calling itself “AZCDL PAC” (also “AZ CDL PAC”), it is presumed to have come from us.

Don’t believe it. As we have repeatedly stated, our organization’s core purpose has ALWAYS been grassroots mobilization, encouraging civic engagement and influencing public policy. Recently, we also started a tax-exempt foundation to encourage and promote firearms safety and marksmanship training. We continue to believe that the use of our member’s hard-earned money is better directed towards achieving those goals.

Once again, the AzCDL does NOT endorse ANY candidate for public office or get involved in ANY elections. We are no longer associated with ANY political action committee, and any communications indicating otherwise are untrue.

You have received this message because you have subscribed to a mailing list of Arizona Citizens Defense League. If you do not wish to receive periodic emails from this source, please click below to unsubscribe.

smithers599

Re: AZCDL does NOT give political endorsements

Post by smithers599 »

storage_man

Post by storage_man »

I seen the list from the former AZCDL PAC leader Drake Mitchell. He must of have gone off the reservation. I worked with him at a couple of Gun shows up north years ago, he was really aggressive on pushing AZCDL membership.
pvreb

Post by pvreb »

I got the email in question, as did nearly everyone else, I imagine. Given the info in the email, I am sure how I am going to vote.

The AZCDL policy of not endorsing candidates makes sense, but I would like to know more of what goes on.
Glockguy
New to ArizonaShooting.org

AZ CDL PAC does give political endorsements

Post by Glockguy »

So you get it right from Drake Mitchell here its. Please go to https://seethemoney.az.gov Click on the Political Action Committee tab, On the lower left you will see the search box, type in Citizen. The first thing you will see in the AZ CDL PAC in good standing and alive and well. Also read http://sonoranalliance.com/az-citizens-defense-league-pac-still-lives/

As the AZ CDL PAC I asked legislators for only one thing in January 2020, A "NO RED FLAG LAW PLEDGE". But for many of our RINO legislators and those that would rather do Ducey's bidding, it was too much to ask. Apparently it was too much for Dave Kopp who chose to try to silence me by any means necessary. It is illegal for the AZCDL to interfere with candidate elections, It is a violation of their IRS tax status. But in my opinion they have been attempting to do just that for several months now by attempting to weaponize our split on policy for the advantage of one candidate over another. I expressed my misgivings on their actions but they continue. Their misguided actions will hurt candidates many of who where Endorsed early on but they do not seem to care. It is about control.

AzCDL PAC Does Give Political Endorsements: The following candidates are running for the listed offices. The list makers have either recommended or endorsed the following candidates as noted.

House LD1 Quang Nguyen Endorsed

House LD2 Deborah McEwen
Senate LD2 Mark Workman

House LD4 Joel John
Senate LD4 Travis Angry Endorsed

House LD5 Leo Biasiucci Endorsed

House LD6 Brenda Barton Endorsed, 3 time winner,.
Senate LD6 Wendy Rogers Endorsed

House LD7 James “Jim” Parks
House LD7 David Peelman

House LD9 Brendan Lyons

House LD10 Mabelle Gummere
House LD10 Michael Hicks
Senator LD10 Justine Wadsack

House LD11 Mark Finchem
House LD11 Bret Roberts
Senate LD11 Venden “Vince” Leach

House LD12 Travis Grantham
House LD12 Jake Huffman

House LD 13 Steve Montenegro Endorsed

House LD14 Becky Nutt
Senate LD14 David Gowan Endorsed

Senate LD16 Kelly Townsend Endorsed

Senate LD18 Suzanne Sharer

Senate LD19 Steven Robinson WRITE IN CANDIDATE

House LS20 Shawnna, Bolick
House LD20 Anthony Kern
Senate LD20 Paul Boyer Endorsed

Senate LD21 Ryan Eldridge

Senate LD22 David Livingston

House LD23 Jay Lawrence
House LD23 Joseph Chaplik
Senate LD23 Alexander Kolodin Endorsed

House LD24 David Alger Sr. WRITE IN CANDIDATE
House LD24 Royln Cushman WRITE IN CANDIDATE
Senate LD24 Ray Michaels WRITE IN CANDIDATE

House LD25 Kathy Pearce
Senate LD25 Tyler Pace

House LD26 Bill Loughrige
House LD26 Seth “Marcus” Sifuentes
Senate LD26 Jae Chin

House LD27 Tatiana Pena
Senate LD27 Garland Shreves

House LD28 Kenneth “Ken” Bowers
House LD28 Jana Jackson

Senate LD29 John Wilson

House LD30 Gary Spears WRITE IN CANDIDATE
Senate LD30 Cutis Porter WRITE IN CANDIDATE

Thank you for supporting those who are willing to do the job we need them to do, Protect our Right.

We once again want to remind everyone that the Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) does NOT endorse ANY candidate for public office and is not supposed to get involved in ANY elections.
We are no longer associated with ANY group calling itself the Arizona Citizens Defense League.org.

As we announced in our Alert, we have officially dissolved our relationship with our former legislative action committee do to their policy of appeasement. At that time, they closed down our web and social media pages that where on their server without offering an option to transfer them, and the have done damage to the AZ CDL PAC llc through these actions. Unfortunately, the leadership of our former Legislative Action Arm of the CDL appears to have interpreted “cease all activity, including any interference the PAC or in elections or endorsements” as “what ever they want to do.”

Their misguided actions have and will hurt candidates but they do not seem to care. The PAC has on no few then five occasions since January asked the AZCDL leadership to stay out of the Political Actions but they persist. This is one of the reasons we no longer associate with the AZCDL.
As many of our members and supporters have informed us, when they receive our list of “Recommended or Endorsed” candidates we clearly identified our self’s as “AZ CDL PAC” and NOT the AZCDL If anyone tells you that the PAC is closed “Don’t believe it”, Look it up yourself.

As we have repeatedly stated, our organization’s core purpose has ALWAYS political action through education and influencing public opinion on candidates voting records and actions or lack of actions. Recently, we also started to encourage and promote candidates in races where they could make a positive change away from the unaccountable political insiders to people who are willing to follow the Constitution, State and Federal and their principals over blind party loyalty. We continue to believe that the use of our Donor’s hard-earned money is better directed towards achieving these goals.
Once again, the AzCDL does NOT and should not endorse ANY candidate for public office and is not supposed to get involved in ANY elections. But the AZ CDL PAC does and WILL.

http://sonoranalliance.com/az-citizens-defense-league-pac-still-lives/
Yavapai1

Post by Yavapai1 »

Of course they do. Read the Republican Briefs and you will see that their President David Kopp, gives an a pass to candidate for Arizona House of Representatives Judy Burges and incumbent Arizona State Senator Sylvia Allen who voted to give our away our guns . Kopp says not fair to judge a candidate on one issue. AZCDL's one issue to our gun rights but he has taken the knee to the Republican legislators who failed to uphold their oath of office. I will not renew my AZCDL membership .
Yavapai1

Post by Yavapai1 »

storage_man wrote: July 24th, 2020, 10:09 am I seen the list from the former AZCDL PAC leader Drake Mitchell. He must of have gone off the reservation. I worked with him at a couple of Gun shows up north years ago, he was really aggressive on pushing AZCDL membership.
AZCDL membership is one thing.... I am glad he is aggressive in protecting our Consitutional rights because the AZCDL has unfortunately caved to the Republican legislators . The last thing they want is to be exposed for violating our 2nd Amendment rights which they did in May 2018, SB 1519. Now they are trying to talk their way out of it because of the upcoming election. They hope to fool you ..