AZCDL BANQUET TIME 2023

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

AZCDL BANQUET TIME 2023

Post by knockonit »

As per my usual, i have a table for ten with a few seats available for the banquet in the ole pueblo, also i'm renting a mini van to xport all of us to the event.

if you are not a member of azcdl, will give the seat for your joining the cause,
i have at least 3-4 seats presently.

please as seats will be sparse this year, if you do commit, stick to it, please,

lmk, i'll shut this down a few days before event.
thanks to all who stand the post
Rj

knockonit

Re: AZCDL BANQUET TIME 2023

Post by knockonit »

four tickets left
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

still have a few, banquet is the 21st, :lol:
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

last call, will take a look friday at noon, and call it, thanks to all who participated.
Rj
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Woohoo, today is the day, rippin' and roarin' to go, except for having to go to Tucson, I hate that place.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Well hell, that event could not have been better, by far, the best content, meal, and service since I started attending in 2008. For those not intelligent enough to be a part of, or, who have been on this board for many years and still need to ask what the AZCDL does for us, well you guys are maybe what's wrong with Arizona. It's disgusting to see so many "gun folks" who really don't give two shiates about their rights, and, worse, don't intend to do anything about the current happenings when it comes to them.

Anyways, just venting at the idiots.

Clyde
thom

Post by thom »

It was nice meeting you Clyde. Glad you could get a ride down with RJs limo service. We had a good group at the table. Terrific speakers and learning more about the problems ARIZONA GUN OWNERS will have if we don't band together against the ANTI-GUNNERS in our state, starting with Hobbs and possibly the AZ state congress.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Would it maybe be more worthwhile to ask why someone would not join azcdl rather than name call or berate? Seems if someone did have a question about the +/- they may be reluctant to ask given the name calling maybe?
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Lobo2087 wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 5:11 pm Would it maybe be more worthwhile to ask why someone would not join azcdl rather than name call or berate? Seems if someone did have a question about the +/- they may be reluctant to ask given the name calling maybe?
Oh, you mean like giving a child a "time out" instead of an ass whoopin'? Are you even part of the AZCDL? I've never seen you at one of the banquets, hmmm. BTW, that's a pretty feeble attempt to cover the ass, we've talked about AZCDL consistently on this board and the old one for years.
" The greater part of the population is not very intelligent, dreads responsibility, and desires nothing better than to be told what to do. Provided the rulers do not interfere with its material comforts and its cherished beliefs, it is perfectly happy to let itself be ruled. "
~Aldous Huxley
Clyde
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Yeah clyde im actually a life member.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Lobo2087 wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 5:11 pm Would it maybe be more worthwhile to ask why someone would not join azcdl rather than name call or berate? Seems if someone did have a question about the +/- they may be reluctant to ask given the name calling maybe?
Yeah, it might be better BUT. Look at the posts in this thread. Nobody asked a single question or made a single comment, after RJ posted available seats at the table, the seats were free, if the person joined AZCDL, along with a free ride down to Tucson for the annual lunch, all supplied by RJ.

Let’s do the Math 3200+ members here. Let’s say only 50% are active on the board, meaning 1600+.
Other local board 3100+ members. Let’s say 50% active meaning 1600+, and 50% crossover meaning 800+. Estimated active members 2400+.

I’m willing to donate a paid lifetime AZCDL membership to anyone, if someone can find more 100 AZCDL members between both local boards. I will even help by starting the count off with; Me, RJ, Thom, Clyde, and based on your post, Lobo2087. Only 95 to go, any takers?

FYI 100 AZCDL members would be approximately 3% of active board members. 3%, a term that seems to apply here.

Maybe that will explain the level of frustration.

But let’s give it a try:

To anybody:
why aren’t you a member of AZCDL? Annual membership only $40, that’s less than current cost of 100 rounds of 5.56. Please list your reason(s) or questions.
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

I agree we need to recruit and ask why wouldn't someone if we meet someone who is not a member. In fact I regularly recommend azcdl over nra myself. My only point is if anyone is on the fence, curious or even hesitant for whatever reason the name calling isn't what I would consider great bait to get them over to the right side of things.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Lobo2087 wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:10 am I agree we need to recruit and ask why wouldn't someone if we meet someone who is not a member. In fact I regularly recommend azcdl over nra myself. My only point is if anyone is on the fence, curious or even hesitant for whatever reason the name calling isn't what I would consider great bait to get them over to the right side of things.
I would agree, if you're just out in the public sphere, we're not are we? Nope, we are here on a gun board, discussing guns and rights aren't we, with a very limited audience no less? There's absolutely no excuses for so many "gun people" who should care about their rights to not be part of AZCDL in a place specifically meant for that discussion. You want to stroke their emotional puppy, be my guest, but if that's what's needed to assuage them into joining, are they really the best, or strongest minded? Sounds like a democRAT tactic to pursue the weakest and not the best and brightest. Maybe that's why they're not members, because of their weakness and impotency. :o

Clyde
Last edited by kenpoprofessor on October 23rd, 2023, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

YNOTAZ wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 7:35 am
Yeah, it might be better BUT. Look at the posts in this thread. Nobody asked a single question or made a single comment, after RJ posted available seats at the table, the seats were free, if the person joined AZCDL, along with a free ride down to Tucson for the annual lunch, all supplied by RJ.

Let’s do the Math 3200+ members here. Let’s say only 50% are active on the board, meaning 1600+.
Other local board 3100+ members. Let’s say 50% active meaning 1600+, and 50% crossover meaning 800+. Estimated active members 2400+.

I’m willing to donate a paid lifetime AZCDL membership to anyone, if someone can find more 100 AZCDL members between both local boards. I will even help by starting the count off with; Me, RJ, Thom, Clyde, and based on your post, Lobo2087. Only 95 to go, any takers?

FYI 100 AZCDL members would be approximately 3% of active board members. 3%, a term that seems to apply here.

Maybe that will explain the level of frustration.

But let’s give it a try:

To anybody:
why aren’t you a member of AZCDL? Annual membership only $40, that’s less than current cost of 100 rounds of 5.56. Please list your reason(s) or questions.

Honestly Tony, I truly think they need some sort of incentive, as if Hobbs isn't enough for some reason. Add to that, we've only got a 1 vote majority in the State Senate :o . Apparently, as long as they're entertained they just don't give a shiate.. I believe they honestly just don't care, but man they'll b**** when we start losing our rights in the state like Kalifornistan.

Clyde
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Lobo2087 wrote: October 23rd, 2023, 8:10 am I agree we need to recruit and ask why wouldn't someone if we meet someone who is not a member. In fact I regularly recommend azcdl over nra myself. My only point is if anyone is on the fence, curious or even hesitant for whatever reason the name calling isn't what I would consider great bait to get them over to the right side of things.
So far we have, you, me, Clyde, RJ, and Thom as the only people in this thread. Between this and the other invitation thread there are over 300 views, not one question or comment. Between the five of us, we are shouting to the choir.

On an "Arizona shooting" forum, that percentage of participation is so underwhelming it's at the point of disgust.

Anyone on this site that doesn't know how unfriendly and threatening Hobbs, Bidet, the DOJ, and ATF group is towards any gunowner suffers from rectal cranial insertion. If they won't even spend $40 to help someone else do the work of opposing that group for them, I consider them Fudds, or keyboard warriors. If that pushes them off the fence, in the wrong direction, they likely weren't very well balanced in the first place.

Every time I make a statement like that saying fudds and/or keyboard warriors, I get called out for it like I'm offending the local Karnes. Yet, there are only a very few who will call out all 3200 members, a majority of whom seem to like sitting in their Bark-O-Lounger more than doing something.

Anyhow, I don't see any sense in preaching to or arguing amongst the quire. I will let this thread sit for a while and see if there are any fence sitters who have questions.