Will this organization die?

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
Tenring
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Will this organization die?

Post by Tenring »

If the elderly well intentioned people running things don't get some youth infused and alow them to help and eventually take over, yes the origionazition will die.

XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

Tenring wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:19 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:53 am Manning booths at gun shows is all fine and dandy - but the big issue basically have zero social media presence.

Like it or not - if you don't have that you will be missing the largest potential audience. They also have no presence on a variety of forums of similar interest.The YouTube is just meeting notes. You can't run a modern "activist" organization with the same mentality of running an ad in the back of Guns 'n Ammo. You have to modernize.

Their facebook has 7k followers, the Youtube has a whopping 84 subscribers, and I couldn't find an Instagram for them. This is where they are missing the mark. Some of the youtube videos have been up for nearly a year and have 1 view. That is embarrassing, and shows how out of touch the organization is when it comes to leveraging these platforms.

They need someone to manage social media, organize content with local trainers, businesses, and politicians and make some content that gets people interested and invested. There are enough 2A friendly companies, trainers, manufacturers, politicians, and interest groups here that they could be leveraging - and are not. Ignoring social media, youtube, etc is a massive debilitating mistake. It isn't hard or expensive to make content these days.

Also, if what DonnyFox said is true - that goes right in line with what I am saying. Adapt or die. The 2A community here needs to move into the "modern" realm, accept a more diverse community and run with it. 2A isn't exclusive to "crusty fudd" and organizations that still cater to that audience will not survive. 2A is for everyone regardless of income, race, orientation, gender, or religion. It only takes a glance at the demographics of new gun owners in the last three years to see that the biggest "win" for the 2A is the massively growing amount of diversity in ownership.
Agreed - they need a marketing manager or something, defiantly some tech help.
If you don't have a social media presence, you don't exist in most areas. Thinking that the "anti social media" people will save you is a joke.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:34 pm Sad part is - it wouldn't be too hard to implement a social media strategy. The recipe is fairly well known. It just requires the time and legwork of getting local places / people onboard and finding someone who is willing to assist with camera/editing. Production value is more important than many think at grabbing attention - then you need the content to hold it.
Tenring wrote: January 29th, 2023, 7:02 pm If the elderly well intentioned people running things don't get some youth infused and alow them to help and eventually take over, yes the origionazition will die.
Well us “elderly well intentioned” who became used to ordering firearm through the mail and having them shipped to our home, buying machineguns, having shooting ranges at our high schools, having NRA instructors at our grammar schools and high schools, are pretty Phuckin tired of carrying the load and young Fudds running their mouths about how it should be done and not doing s***.

I have written, called, attended meetings, called meetings, done FOIA requests, met with congress people, met with other government officials, supported NRA, AZCDL, GOA.

Rather than run your mouths on how this should be done, how about volunteering, and doing it.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 29th, 2023, 9:42 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:34 pm Sad part is - it wouldn't be too hard to implement a social media strategy. The recipe is fairly well known. It just requires the time and legwork of getting local places / people onboard and finding someone who is willing to assist with camera/editing. Production value is more important than many think at grabbing attention - then you need the content to hold it.
Tenring wrote: January 29th, 2023, 7:02 pm If the elderly well intentioned people running things don't get some youth infused and alow them to help and eventually take over, yes the origionazition will die.
Well us “elderly well intentioned” who became used to ordering firearm through the mail and having them shipped to our home, buying machineguns, having shooting ranges at our high schools, having NRA instructors at our grammar schools and high schools, are pretty Phuckin tired of carrying the load and young Fudds running their mouths about how it should be done and not doing s***.

I have written, called, attended meetings, called meetings, done FOIA requests, met with congress people, met with other government officials, supported NRA, AZCDL, GOA.

Rather than run your mouths on how this should be done, how about volunteering, and doing it.
Pretty sure the comments aren't directed at you. If you read the thread, you would have realized you are not who they/we are referring to.Your hostility just at the mention of an age group is part of the issue. Your involvement isn't the norm by a long shot - in any age group - and that is the problem. We need more people (especially those under 40) to be as active as we are. The "old" ways of reaching people don't work anymore.

I am approaching half a century in age - I was on my schools shooting team. I remember shooting at 4H camp and Woodmen of the World camps. I think my first bits of activism were trying to defend those things in front of the school board when they canceled it. There were 30-40 students and less than ten adults that spoke up. I have spoken at public / town meetings, written opinion pieces for publications, taken thousands at this point of "not gun people" to the range to educate them, donated to the good orgs, engaged my elected officials, etc. I have been working on a social media project for the last two years, that I hope will be done enough to go live at the end of this year. The "old guys" aren't the only ones in the "fight" and if you think that, you haven't paid enough attention.

As I referenced, the "old guys" I am referring to are the ones who slap on their NRA bumpersticker and think they have done enough. You have been on here long enough to have seen the "Well, I don't care about bumpstocks so I am not going to bother" and the "It will never pass" mentality - and that is drastically more common within the older age group.

Younger social media influencers (Garand Thumb, Colion Noir, Yoki Sturrup, KY Ballistics, Demo Ranch, etc) have probably brought in 1000x more younger "gun people" than the entirety of two old dude sitting at a table at a gun show or sporting goods store trying to sell NRA or AZCDL memberships in the last ten years. Hell, I will bet that popular video games (CoD, Tarkov, Battlefield) have brought more people under 40 into the gun hobby/lifestyle than the entirety of on-site / event booth/advertising in the last ten years. The trick is to keep these people in the lifestyle and turn them into being activist. The fact so many of these orgs have been stagnant on these platforms is one of the reasons we are "losing." The demographics in both age and race for new gun owners in the last three years have shifted heavily - if those new gun owners are engaged, and brought "into the fold" then we have lost the most important tools we have to combat the slow nibbling away of our rights. The image that "2A" and "gun people" are nothing more than a bunch of 50+ year old white guys is the grabbers favorite weapon. We need to change that.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 29th, 2023, 9:42 pm

It doesn’t take much for your fudd tourettes to kick in.
FCA960FC-925D-4B1C-BFD9-AAAF6CCA9A44.png
FCA960FC-925D-4B1C-BFD9-AAAF6CCA9A44.png (90.44 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 10:00 pm Pretty sure the comments aren't directed at you.
I understand that, I was responding to the tenor. I’ve tried to get people to join AZCDL, write letters, I’ve posted links to prewritten letters to congress and state legislators, and I’ve gotten everything from subtle push-back to outright nasty, and this is on multiple “gun“ forums.

It seems people who frequent forums are OK with arguing and playing Operator from behind their keyboards but they can’t get motivate to actually do something.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Oh, I agree - but luckily that ain't everyone. The "It will never pass," "I don't care about that so let them ban it," and "Doing that doesn't accomplish anything" Fudds are the worst and why we are in the situation we are in.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 30th, 2023, 10:31 am Oh, I agree - but luckily that ain't everyone. The "It will never pass," "I don't care about that so let them ban it," and "Doing that doesn't accomplish anything" Fudds are the worst and why we are in the situation we are in.
We’re in the situation we’re in because the only response to any of those statements (or any statement that even remotely contradicts one of the blow hard cliques’ thoughts) is, “Shut up, fudd.” Maybe instead of thinking everyone else is the problem they should take the dwindling numbers as a clue that what they’re doing isn’t effective.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

And now we have the bean counter who steps in to tell everyone what they’re thinking, what they’ve done, and what they’ll do.

He’s accomplished nothing, offered nothing, and done nothing. Then he goes on to do exactly what he accuses everyone else of, he points his finger at others and blames them for “the situation we are in”. A bean counter that can’t account for anything, useless.
XJThrottle

Post by XJThrottle »

It's kinda funny that everyone assumes he is an actual accountant instead of possibly just referencing the movie with Ben Affleck..
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

XJThrottle wrote: January 30th, 2023, 3:55 pm It's kinda funny that everyone assumes he is an actual accountant instead of possibly just referencing the movie with Ben Affleck..
Well, if you post like an anonypussy, people will presume all sorts of things. I post with my own good name, like me, hate me, I don't care, but at least you know who I am. Willing to bet most of the people who post anonymously here are useless pieces of chit.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
DonnyFox
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by DonnyFox »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:20 pm
DonnyFox wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:13 am They shouldn't have pushed out the younger members when they were meaning to do well in 2019-2021. Many of them found themselves burned out and exhausted with dealing with the toxicity of that community and feeling they had to have political loyalties to conservatives rather than the 2A. Alongside this, many felt disgusted at the idea that playing video games caused individuals to want to shoot up schools and kill people.

They need to do a better job.
Many of those "young ones" were ignorant, smart mouth, little pricks.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
You mean like the Filipino dude who got called a darkie for the crime of saying "people his age should be drawn into firearms through video games"? The same guy who got red flagged? Those young ones, right? The ones who begged, cojoled, and pleaded for a larger social media presence(that same person also worked with SAF's 2A Gaming).

I'm sure someone who gets called a darkie is going to have a great motivation to help out a community of people who keep stonewalling them and their group. I'm sorry, is this how we bring people in or show ourselves as a bunch of "ignorant old white folk?"
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

DonnyFox wrote: January 30th, 2023, 4:34 pm

You mean like the Filipino dude who got called a darkie for the crime of saying "people his age should be drawn into firearms through video games"? The same guy who got red flagged? Those young ones, right? The ones who begged, cojoled, and pleaded for a larger social media presence(that same person also worked with SAF's 2A Gaming).

I'm sure someone who gets called a darkie is going to have a great motivation to help out a community of people who keep stonewalling them and their group. I'm sorry, is this how we bring people in or show ourselves as a bunch of "ignorant old white folk?"
So, you going to blame me for some other idiot's actions and words now? Sure, I'm white, go ahead, that's what folks are doing now right? Jackass

Clyde
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

YNOTAZ wrote: January 30th, 2023, 3:31 pm And now we have the bean counter who steps in to tell everyone what they’re thinking, what they’ve done, and what they’ll do.

He’s accomplished nothing, offered nothing, and done nothing. Then he goes on to do exactly what he accuses everyone else of, he points his finger at others and blames them for “the situation we are in”. A bean counter that can’t account for anything, useless.
Right on schedule. I can’t imagine why people aren’t flocking to the joke of an organization you push. You like to talk about all of things you do but you don’t have s*** to show for them in the way of actual accomplishments - much like your life in general I suspect.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

Calling AZCDL a joke is high praise coming from an inconsequential ass like yourself.

Thank you.