Will this organization die?

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Will this organization die?

Post by thom »

Was it President Reagan that said Freedom is never more than one generation away? Hobbs meets with Moms Demand Action on her FB page and I think that we will be losing our rights as gunowners. With the dims taking over, how well do you support the AZCDL?
Why hasn't there been an AZCDL table at shows, other than the SAR show? Ed was the Phoenix area coordinator and he died. No one has wanted to fill the coordinator spot, so a few of the Tucson area members come up when they are able at their own expense. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that could coordinate the shows and help spread the work about why we exist? Most of the members sitting at the shows are 50 or older it seems, (one guy had a big white beard and no Santa suit at the SAR show), we need younger members that can relate to the newer younger gun owners.
Sure the AZCDL sends out info to members about the good and bad bills the new state legislature wants passed but the general population never sees it. With over 22,000 members in the AZCDL we should have some clout, but it seems like the AZCDL is going by the wayside. At the worst we should have2-4 members manning the gun show booths at all times and remember that entrance fee to the show is covered if you spend a few hours at the table.

Will you step up?

kenpoprofessor

Re: Will this organization die?

Post by kenpoprofessor »

thom wrote: January 28th, 2023, 5:03 pm Was it President Reagan that said Freedom is never more than one generation away? Hobbs meets with Moms Demand Action on her FB page and I think that we will be losing our rights as gunowners. With the dims taking over, how well do you support the AZCDL?
Why hasn't there been an AZCDL table at shows, other than the SAR show? Ed was the Phoenix area coordinator and he died. No one has wanted to fill the coordinator spot, so a few of the Tucson area members come up when they are able at their own expense. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that could coordinate the shows and help spread the work about why we exist? Most of the members sitting at the shows are 50 or older it seems, (one guy had a big white beard and no Santa suit at the SAR show), we need younger members that can relate to the newer younger gun owners.
Sure the AZCDL sends out info to members about the good and bad bills the new state legislature wants passed but the general population never sees it. With over 22,000 members in the AZCDL we should have some clout, but it seems like the AZCDL is going by the wayside. At the worst we should have2-4 members manning the gun show booths at all times and remember that entrance fee to the show is covered if you spend a few hours at the table.

Will you step up?
Yes, I've stepped up, many times, but gunshows are pointless these days, we need to get out into the community at large. Now, instead of bitching, what are your ideas about how to improve this, well, besides "being at the gunshows"?

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
thom

Post by thom »

I was asking for suggestions too. But I took 4 people to the yearly dinner and got 3 to join, the other guy said that he wanted to be a gray man only. I try to wear my shirts and hats for advertisement, and act responsible when I do. I do the shows, we do get members and renewals. How about you?

Thom
DonnyFox
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by DonnyFox »

They shouldn't have pushed out the younger members when they were meaning to do well in 2019-2021. Many of them found themselves burned out and exhausted with dealing with the toxicity of that community and feeling they had to have political loyalties to conservatives rather than the 2A. Alongside this, many felt disgusted at the idea that playing video games caused individuals to want to shoot up schools and kill people.

They need to do a better job.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Manning booths at gun shows is all fine and dandy - but the big issue basically have zero social media presence.

Like it or not - if you don't have that you will be missing the largest potential audience. They also have no presence on a variety of forums of similar interest.The YouTube is just meeting notes. You can't run a modern "activist" organization with the same mentality of running an ad in the back of Guns 'n Ammo. You have to modernize.

Their facebook has 7k followers, the Youtube has a whopping 84 subscribers, and I couldn't find an Instagram for them. This is where they are missing the mark. Some of the youtube videos have been up for nearly a year and have 1 view. That is embarrassing, and shows how out of touch the organization is when it comes to leveraging these platforms.

They need someone to manage social media, organize content with local trainers, businesses, and politicians and make some content that gets people interested and invested. There are enough 2A friendly companies, trainers, manufacturers, politicians, and interest groups here that they could be leveraging - and are not. Ignoring social media, youtube, etc is a massive debilitating mistake. It isn't hard or expensive to make content these days.

Also, if what DonnyFox said is true - that goes right in line with what I am saying. Adapt or die. The 2A community here needs to move into the "modern" realm, accept a more diverse community and run with it. 2A isn't exclusive to "crusty fudd" and organizations that still cater to that audience will not survive. 2A is for everyone regardless of income, race, orientation, gender, or religion. It only takes a glance at the demographics of new gun owners in the last three years to see that the biggest "win" for the 2A is the massively growing amount of diversity in ownership.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

DonnyFox wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:13 am They shouldn't have pushed out the younger members when they were meaning to do well in 2019-2021. Many of them found themselves burned out and exhausted with dealing with the toxicity of that community and feeling they had to have political loyalties to conservatives rather than the 2A. Alongside this, many felt disgusted at the idea that playing video games caused individuals to want to shoot up schools and kill people.

Many of those "young ones" were ignorant, smart mouth, little pricks.

Clyde
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:20 pm
DonnyFox wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:13 am They shouldn't have pushed out the younger members when they were meaning to do well in 2019-2021. Many of them found themselves burned out and exhausted with dealing with the toxicity of that community and feeling they had to have political loyalties to conservatives rather than the 2A. Alongside this, many felt disgusted at the idea that playing video games caused individuals to want to shoot up schools and kill people.

Many of those "young ones" were ignorant, smart mouth, little pricks.

Clyde
And that is so different than you crusty, old , ignorant, smart mouth, rusty dildos? Way to go on proving DonnyFox's point with remarkable efficiency.
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

A start would be proving the organization actually does something besides b**** and moan. Pick one of the meaningful “accomplishments” listed on the website and explain in detail how exactly AZCDL was “instrumental” in the legislation (i.e., the legislation would not have been introduced, passed, and signed but for the AZCDL). Details are scant on the website.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:27 pm

And that is so different than you crusty, old , ignorant, smart mouth, rusty dildos? Way to go on proving DonnyFox's point with remarkable efficiency.
Actually, you just proved mine.

Clyde
Garnaz

Post by Garnaz »

Eating your own helps nothing.
Libs are heavily funded and given big passes for any and all protests if that's what you want to call them.

Has anyone tried to setup tables at some of the farmers markets and artsy festivals? Yes I know most are lib attended but not all who go are antis or libs.

FKH
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

Garnaz wrote: January 29th, 2023, 5:33 pm Eating your own helps nothing.
Libs are heavily funded and given big passes for any and all protests if that's what you want to call them.

Has anyone tried to setup tables at some of the farmers markets and artsy festivals? Yes I know most are lib attended but not all who go are antis or libs.

FKH
I’ll bet that little experiment would go something like this… About 5 minutes into it someone would dare to question or offer an opposing viewpoint to a self-proclaimed 2A genius. Said genius would go into convulsions, call everyone a fudd/demonrat/etc, pack up their toys and go home.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

TheAccountant wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:01 pm

I’ll bet that little experiment would go something like this… About 5 minutes into it someone would dare to question or offer an opposing viewpoint to a self-proclaimed 2A genius. Said genius would go into convulsions, call everyone a fudd/demonrat/etc, pack up their toys and go home.
No, just you asking stupid questions about stupid things, and then making more stupid statements. That seems to be your MO.

Clyde
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:53 am Manning booths at gun shows is all fine and dandy - but the big issue basically have zero social media presence.

Like it or not - if you don't have that you will be missing the largest potential audience. They also have no presence on a variety of forums of similar interest.The YouTube is just meeting notes. You can't run a modern "activist" organization with the same mentality of running an ad in the back of Guns 'n Ammo. You have to modernize.

Their facebook has 7k followers, the Youtube has a whopping 84 subscribers, and I couldn't find an Instagram for them. This is where they are missing the mark. Some of the youtube videos have been up for nearly a year and have 1 view. That is embarrassing, and shows how out of touch the organization is when it comes to leveraging these platforms.

They need someone to manage social media, organize content with local trainers, businesses, and politicians and make some content that gets people interested and invested. There are enough 2A friendly companies, trainers, manufacturers, politicians, and interest groups here that they could be leveraging - and are not. Ignoring social media, youtube, etc is a massive debilitating mistake. It isn't hard or expensive to make content these days.

Also, if what DonnyFox said is true - that goes right in line with what I am saying. Adapt or die. The 2A community here needs to move into the "modern" realm, accept a more diverse community and run with it. 2A isn't exclusive to "crusty fudd" and organizations that still cater to that audience will not survive. 2A is for everyone regardless of income, race, orientation, gender, or religion. It only takes a glance at the demographics of new gun owners in the last three years to see that the biggest "win" for the 2A is the massively growing amount of diversity in ownership.
Agreed - they need a marketing manager or something, defiantly some tech help.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:07 pm
TheAccountant wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:01 pm I’ll bet that little experiment would go something like this… About 5 minutes into it someone would dare to question or offer an opposing viewpoint to a self-proclaimed 2A genius. Said genius would go into convulsions, call everyone a fudd/demonrat/etc, pack up their toys and go home.
No, just you asking stupid questions about stupid things, and then making more stupid statements. That seems to be your MO.
Clyde
No, actually he is right. The amount of 2A people who can handle an actual conversation or mild debate is pretty small - especially among certain demographics and ages.Many "2A" people are incapable of actual conversation with someone with an opposing viewpoint and default to calling the other person a "lib," "commie," or whatever played out no-imagination insult they have. Anyone that says that is untrue doesn't get out much. Kind of like how you just embarrass yourself in front of us other veterans by whipping out the whole "I am a veteran, my opinion is more relevant" anytime you are on the losing side of an internet argument.

I probably take 20-30 "libs" and "democrats" shooting a year that have never been exposed to it. Results have been good for educating them on what it actually is to be around firearms, use them, and the laws regarding. Seems once you get them to stop just looking at one "side" of information and they start thinking for themselves - they come around.

They would have to be pretty picky in who they had man a booth in "enemy" territory. Last thing we need is some dildo who isn't articulate and/or smart enough to realize that there is actually a diverse community when it comes to the 2A.

The methods that have been used for years aren't working anymore because the opposition has evolved, and "our side" hasn't. This is especially more embarrassing because the tools to fight on equal ground are mostly free - just takes effort. So many 2A supporters just seem content sending off their pennies to the NRA, getting that coveted bumper sticker, and thinking they done something. That is one reason we are where we are at now, slowly but surely being nibbled away at.
Last edited by paulgt2164 on January 29th, 2023, 6:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Tenring wrote: January 29th, 2023, 6:19 pm
paulgt2164 wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:53 am Manning booths at gun shows is all fine and dandy - but the big issue basically have zero social media presence.

Agreed - they need a marketing manager or something, defiantly some tech help.
Sad part is - it wouldn't be too hard to implement a social media strategy. The recipe is fairly well known. It just requires the time and legwork of getting local places / people onboard and finding someone who is willing to assist with camera/editing. Production value is more important than many think at grabbing attention - then you need the content to hold it.