Will this organization die?

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Will this organization die?

Post by kenpoprofessor »

delta6 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:44 pm

So, here's a thought.....
If they do not know something...Educate them..

Don’t belittle them.

Did you not read the part about "they don't care"??? Maybe you missed it, so I'll write it again.

THEY DON'T CARE or want to be educated, they even tell me that.

Clyde

thom

Post by thom »

Ok this is one positive note that hapoens. I just received 2 emails from AZCDL. They were action alerts SB 1096 and HB 2394. These are for Action Alerts using the Request to Speak on the AZ capital website.
DonnyFox
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by DonnyFox »

kenpoprofessor wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:53 pm
delta6 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 2:44 pm

So, here's a thought.....
If they do not know something...Educate them..

Don’t belittle them.

Did you not read the part about "they don't care"??? Maybe you missed it, so I'll write it again.

THEY DON'T CARE or want to be educated, they even tell me that.

Clyde
Okay, then move on to people who do.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

DonnyFox wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:32 pm

Geezus, there must be something wrong here, or, maybe it's just more of this group is as retarded as the other people that don't care. Why would you even say that??? I thought I made myself perfectly clear that I do "move on", hence why I know so many folks just don't care.

Now, on that note, what are your suggestion or ideas???

Clyde
DonnyFox

Post by DonnyFox »

kenpoprofessor wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:24 am
DonnyFox wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:32 pm

Geezus, there must be something wrong here, or, maybe it's just more of this group is as retarded as the other people that don't care.

Clyde
You really are a ray of sunshine in the dark aren't you? They should bring back the people who were asking for a greater social media presence, talk with the people who genuinely wanted to do something, and actually be open minded as to dealing with them. They should be willing to hear out new social media marketing strategies that aren't just poorly dated memes, foster a sense of community belonging to the younger generation. They should bring back the members of the younger generation who wanted to do something and actually hear out their suggestions rather than pushing them away and complaining because the old ways don't work anymore.

On top of this, they should drop the old Reagan era virtue signaling and actually hear out what Generation Z and millennials have to say instead of just completely brushing them off. It's something all of us did care about but were so disgusted with how the culture and the membership base of the CDL treated us that we didn't feel the CDL stood for our interests. Dave Kopp understood this, God rest his soul, but it's going to take major reforms to get that across.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

DonnyFox wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:32 am On top of this, they should drop the old Reagan era virtue signaling and actually hear out what Generation Z and millennials
Tell you what, how about rather than arguing, point out what those Gens, X, Y, Z, Mells have to say. What do they want addressed? What do they want to shy away from? What do you or they consider "virtue signaling?

If you have a handle on that, post it and you might just find some backing.

If you/they want to shy away from things because they might hurt the feelings of Fudds or Internet Karens, you certainly will get my resistance.
DonnyFox

Post by DonnyFox »

YNOTAZ wrote: February 1st, 2023, 8:27 am
DonnyFox wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:32 am On top of this, they should drop the old Reagan era virtue signaling and actually hear out what Generation Z and millennials
Tell you what, how about rather than arguing, point out what those Gens, X, Y, Z, Mells have to say. What do they want addressed? What do they want to shy away from? What do you or they consider "virtue signaling?

If you have a handle on that, post it and you might just find some backing.

If you/they want to shy away from things because they might hurt the feelings of Fudds or Internet Karens, you certainly will get my resistance.
They wanted a greater amount of autonomy in promoting AZ CDL outside of gun shows, the problem being that much of the leadership wasn't comfortable with posting memes that would promote the CDL. We had to get bureaucratic approval to even post memes as they had to be approved by the president(at the time Dave) and the secretary.

We showed one meme and it was turned down considered "fat shaming". I thought this was a group about freedom and not caring about what other people thought.

But that is a two way street.

"What do you consider virtue signaling?"

Selling constitutional carry cards at gun show tables for two dollars makes them look like the stereotype that other people have been pushing back against. You don't market with an image that you want to use your gun on people.
YNOTAZ

Post by YNOTAZ »

DonnyFox wrote: February 1st, 2023, 9:30 am
They wanted a greater amount of autonomy in promoting AZ CDL outside of gun shows, the problem being that much of the leadership wasn't comfortable with posting memes that would promote the CDL. We had to get bureaucratic approval to even post memes as they had to be approved by the president(at the time Dave) and the secretary.

We showed one meme and it was turned down considered "fat shaming". I thought this was a group about freedom and not caring about what other people thought.

But that is a two way street.

"What do you consider virtue signaling?"

Selling constitutional carry cards at gun show tables for two dollars makes them look like the stereotype that other people have been pushing back against. You don't market with an image that you want to use your gun on people.
Most organizations require approval before public representation of them, it's not only an AZCDL thing, especially with today's hyper-sensitive X-y&Z generations. You can't advertise for Apple, Motorola, IBM, AT&T or Joes bar and grill without the management approving it. I linked a Dove soap ad written by a hired advertising agency that caused calls for a boycott, imagine if volunteer did it without approval?

As far as selling constitutional carry cards, if people are buying them, it is probably a huge markup.

In that light I'm not really seeing your gripe with either situation. Are there better ways, probably but that's where the younger folks come in.

thom

Post by thom »

Here is a copy of the last newsletter. I hope this can help gunowners understand what the AZCDL is doing and trying to do. Help if you can. Take the free ride and let others fight for what you won't, if you want, but don't b**** when you lose what you think the hobbit won't do.

https://azcdl.org/wp-content/uploads/20 ... 202302.pdf
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

She is going to use the gun argument as her defining moment. We are in for the fight of our lives ladies and gentlemen
She is going to use the gun argument as her defining moment. We are in for the fight of our lives ladies and gentlemen