Amazon discontinuing SMILE

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
baja
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Amazon discontinuing SMILE

Post by baja »

Got this email:

"Dear customer,

In 2013, we launched AmazonSmile to make it easier for customers to support their favorite charities. However, after almost a decade, the program has not grown to create the impact that we had originally hoped. With so many eligible organizations—more than 1 million globally—our ability to have an impact was often spread too thin.

We are writing to let you know that we plan to wind down AmazonSmile by February 20, 2023. "

This sucks for AZCDL and many other organizations.

Lucafu1

Re: Amazon discontinuing SMILE

Post by Lucafu1 »

I just switched to AZCDL too.
mallic

Post by mallic »

Dang, I can no longer force bezzos to unwittingly support gun rights.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

mallic wrote: January 19th, 2023, 4:32 am Dang, I can no longer force bezzos to unwittingly support gun rights.
Exactly what I though.
h8pvmnt

Post by h8pvmnt »

They realized there money was going to causes they don't support so there cancelling it to focus on other options. Another reason to try and move away from amazon.