Gun Stores

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun Stores

Post by thom »

I am just curious. Are any of the gun stores in Arizona members of AZCDL? I dropped off some membership info and pamphlets to the HUB in Ahwatukee. The employees there said that they hadn't heard of AZCDL and were interested. But they had been employees there when Aaron owned it. How can it be that gun stores don't know about AZCDL?
Rant over.
Thom

kenpoprofessor

Re: Gun Stores

Post by kenpoprofessor »

thom wrote: October 14th, 2022, 2:20 pm I am just curious. Are any of the gun stores in Arizona members of AZCDL? I dropped off some membership info and pamphlets to the HUB in Ahwatukee. The employees there said that they hadn't heard of AZCDL and were interested. But they had been employees there when Aaron owned it. How can it be that gun stores don't know about AZCDL?
Rant over.
Thom
Because most gun owners are just that, not true enthusiasts. They don't know, worse, they don't care, until they find out they have to jump through hoops and complain. Duke and I had this conversation at the luncheon last week, we need to get into the LGS and put up flyers and applications. Screw the gun shows, they've become a carnival act.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
thom

Post by thom »

This is exactly what I was talking about. I saw it tonight.
Trueshot.jpg
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Because most gun owners are just that, not true enthusiasts. They don't know, worse, they don't care, until they find out they have to jump through hoops and complain.

pretty much explains it all, amazing how many tout their beliefs on gun ownership and rights, yet don't or wont take time to get involved if only for a vote or a donation.
i'm on quite a few sites as you are, and you can see the candid ignoring of information in regards to AZCDL, over the years i've managed to assist in facilitating a few joiners, most are older and get the gist of the need to stay on top of legislators, but the youngsters, well, life gets in the way of their assisting in the battle, i get it, but looking back now, wished i'd got involved a lot sooner, not only for the need to fight city hall so to speak, but meet folks that are dedicated in keeping the rights we take for granted alive and well.
thanks to all who share the time and effort, hopefully some revelations comes to younger folks to join and keep the passion in the movement.
rj