Annual banquet tickets on sale now

http://www.azcdl.org - The Arizona Citizens Defense League (AzCDL) is an IRC 501(c)(4) non-profit, all volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to the principles contained in Article II, Section 2 of the Arizona Constitution that "All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed, and are established to protect and maintain individual rights." The rights of self-defense and bearing arms are the foundation for all other rights. Our freedom of speech, our freedom from unreasonable searches, our rights against self-incrimination, our right to bear arms, all of our fundamental rights only exist because we stand firmly resolved to preserve them. The AzCDL exists to strengthen that resolve.
knockonit
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Annual banquet tickets on sale now

Post by knockonit »

Annual banquet is october 13, 2018, at the sheraton on i17 and dunlap.

As per usual i did my table, and if the usual suspects wanna join in contact me and will have a spot for you, and you can expect the tickets and tables to go fast, full boat last year.

Rj

oh yeah, only 2 seats open, at this time
Rj

AZ Husker

Re: Annual banquet tickets on sale now

Post by AZ Husker »

Replied elsewhere, but I'd like one seat if available. Thanks RJ!
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

you are on list, thanks, ill pm yo uwill cell number
Rj
thom

Post by thom »

Just bought my tickets. I wanted to be ready and not left out like last year.
Thom
thom

Post by thom »

Ok I have one extra ticket now. Does anyone want it? This will be listed on other sites. First I'll take it gets it
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I have found one extra ticket, so whos wanting to go, this is cross posted on sseveral sites so first come first serve, will reserve if you choose, meet in central phx. ect.

rj
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

ticket is no longer available, thanks to all who are participating
Rj
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

had a last minute bailer, have one ticket, i will check in here last time around 9am tomrorow,

thanks to all
smithers599

Re: So? Review?

Post by smithers599 »

It was an adventure getting there through the Biblical deluge. Not too impressed this year.
The silent auction table had a bunch of garage sale reject stuff, plus the only way to bid was via cell phone text message. Wrong format for a room full of geezers. I heard several people complaining they were unsuccessful in bidding. I didn't try, because there was nothing I was even interested in bidding on. A pile of used rifle slings? Really? They can do better.
First speaker was Marc Victor. I have heard him speak many times. Not impressed on any of those occasions. He was a Marine, therefore "knows all about guns." Hardly. I once heard somebody ask him about carrying a 1911 cocked-and-locked and he answered -- quote -- "What's a 1911?" I want my defense lawyer to know about firearms, so the prosecutor doesn't pull a fast one over on him about "hair trigger" and "armor-piercing hollow points" and "full semi-auto."
Second speaker was Alan Korwin, whom I have also heard speak many times. Always good before, but this time, he came unprepared. He fell flat. Told the joke about the battered wife, with the punch line (so to speak), "She should have listened the first two times." As you can imagine, that went over like a lead balloon as a warmup for the main event: a women's panel. Stupid.
Unfortunately, I had to leave early for another social engagement, so I missed the women's panel. I was really looking forward to that. One of the panelists was Cyndee Harding, whom I have heard before, and she is a very smart woman. The other two I was not familiar with: Antonia Okafor and Rachel Malone, but their CVs look terrific. I checked out their websites, and they are impressive people, exactly the kind of people we need advocating for our rights.

www.empowered2a.org Antonia Okafor
facebook.com/Rachel.malone.tx

Check them out.

Anybody else go? Your impressions? How was the women's panel?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

lol, kinda slow huh, it was a lead in to the womens panel, sure got everyones attention didn't it. he set the scene up early , telling the jokes at certain tables.

and what did you provide for the silent auction, just curious, what goodie you thru on the table for auctioning off.

curious minds would like to know more.
Rj
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

So, how was the women's panel?
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

It was quite good, some very able bodied gals who can carry the fight to the end. i'd say they will be very helpful in going forward and working on keeping rights, perhaps one might have hung out and taken some time to listen to them, have to admit it went a bit long, but some of them have some great history in success in their own arena.
rj
knockonit

Re: So? Review?

Post by knockonit »

smithers599 wrote: October 14th, 2018, 1:21 pm It was an adventure getting there through the Biblical deluge. Not too impressed this year.
The silent auction table had a bunch of garage sale reject stuff, plus the only way to bid was via cell phone text message. Wrong format for a room full of geezers. I heard several people complaining they were unsuccessful in bidding. I didn't try, because there was nothing I was even interested in bidding on. A pile of used rifle slings? Really? They can do better.
First speaker was Marc Victor. I have heard him speak many times. Not impressed on any of those occasions. He was a Marine, therefore "knows all about guns." Hardly. I once heard somebody ask him about carrying a 1911 cocked-and-locked and he answered -- quote -- "What's a 1911?" I want my defense lawyer to know about firearms, so the prosecutor doesn't pull a fast one over on him about "hair trigger" and "armor-piercing hollow points" and "full semi-auto."
Second speaker was Alan Korwin, whom I have also heard speak many times. Always good before, but this time, he came unprepared. He fell flat. Told the joke about the battered wife, with the punch line (so to speak), "She should have listened the first two times." As you can imagine, that went over like a lead balloon as a warmup for the main event: a women's panel. Stupid.
Unfortunately, I had to leave early for another social engagement, so I missed the women's panel. I was really looking forward to that. One of the panelists was Cyndee Harding, whom I have heard before, and she is a very smart woman. The other two I was not familiar with: Antonia Okafor and Rachel Malone, but their CVs look terrific. I checked out their websites, and they are impressive people, exactly the kind of people we need advocating for our rights.

www.empowered2a.org Antonia Okafor
facebook.com/Rachel.malone.tx

Check them out.

Anybody else go? Your impressions? How was the women's panel?

I"m assuming you know the organization is a sum of the members and the volunteers who serve, all items for raffle, auction were donations from members and some businesses, if it wasn't to your liking perhaps you could better it next year with an upgrade on your behalf.
every little bit helps.
Rj
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I did not know that silent auction items were donated by members. I am more accustomed to the silent auctions at FONRA and ASRPA events, which are mostly solicited by the members and volunteers from vendors. I may have gotten the email and not noticed the solicitation, but now that I know, I will be sure to donate items that are a little better than my used socks. For years, I volunteered with St. Vincent de Paul, and noticed that in addition to the many generous people who helped feed the hungry, there was always some joker who donated a can of artichoke hearts two years past its expiration date.

As a Life Member, I reserve the right to be critical. I very much appreciate the organization. Rather than get defensive, maybe you could welcome feedback and seek to improve the situation. As I learned in business, the best consultant is a customer complaint, because it tells you how to improve.

As for the women, I really wish I could have stayed, but I had a family gathering to get to, and the return drive through the deluge was brutal, too. The lineup looked impressive. I have already looked up some internet info about and by the campus carry woman and the Texas woman (fired from the TX Republican Party for sticking up for gun rights.) Great people who are doing a great job.

I was disappointed in Korwin's speech, and will not hesitate to tell him next time we talk. He has been pretty good about constructive criticism. He is a businessman, and always interested in improving.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

wasn't getting defensive, just informative, knowing all about the organization is part of being a member, lots of good folks, all trying to make it work, and doing what they can, as with all grassroots orgs. never enough help, money or time.

looking forward to your participation
Rj