Electronic safes

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Electronic safes

Post by Flash »

338lapua wrote: July 28th, 2018, 10:40 am
Desert Rat wrote: July 27th, 2018, 10:50 pm I have been thinking of a small handgun safe and was looking at the biometric type for speed and it would be easier for the wife. I am not sure about the reliability of them. Reviews have run the full spectrum.
I have been leaning towards the type that have the pushbutton type.
Push botton ones are mechanical and safe.
Just make sure you get a push button and not a biometric. They look somewhat similar to the uninitiated.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

338lapua wrote: July 28th, 2018, 10:40 am
Desert Rat wrote: July 27th, 2018, 10:50 pm I have been thinking of a small handgun safe and was looking at the biometric type for speed and it would be easier for the wife. I am not sure about the reliability of them. Reviews have run the full spectrum.
I have been leaning towards the type that have the pushbutton type.
Push botton ones are mechanical and safe.
Agreed, I think for me, the pushbutton will be the best fit. The odds of a failure to open would be far less then an biometric. I do all sorts of odd jobs around the house were I scrap up my hands/fingers and have wondered if the one time I needed it, there would be some minor injury enough to keep it from opening.
Abbey

Post by Abbey »

I like the Barska biometric. It has been very reliable and I just proactively replace the batteries every year wether or not they need it.

No it’s not EMP proof, but in my opinion, all concealed carry and gun storage decisions are a trade off between risk assessment, security, and convenience. For me, the Barska biometric is perfect compromise to both keep a “bump in the night” gun and stash my carry to keep it out of reach when I’m not carrying it.