Liberty safe - access code to fbi.

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
Shotmaker
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Liberty safe - access code to fbi.

Post by Shotmaker »

Due to this story.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberty-s ... s-gun-safe

What are safe companies that do not store recovery codes to safes?

Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Re: Liberty safe - access code to fbi.

Post by Drmark »

Phuck Liberty Safes!
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Shotmaker wrote: September 6th, 2023, 11:54 am Due to this story.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberty-s ... s-gun-safe

What are safe companies that do not store recovery codes to safes?
Nearly all of them do. Because nearly all of them use S&G Locks. S&G Locks surely retains that information. There isn't some magic code that unlocks every safe...(well, there is and it's called a plasma cutter). It's not like spelling out "Illuminati" (4-5-5-8-6-4-6-2-8-4) on the number pad opens every electronic safe...but if the lock mechanism has a serial number, the lock manufacturer knows the factory set random code it was shipped with.

Security is an illusion. Locks only stop honest people, and only temporarily slow down dishonest people.

So, if you buy a safe...don't buy a digital keypad. Or, have it replaced with a mechanical lock and have a locksmith change the code. Or do it yourself, it isn't difficult.
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

The FBI was getting in no matter what. Even if they had to cut it open. So while I don't like the idea, you can't bust Liberty's balls over something that was going to happen anyway. They are damned of if they do, or damned if they don't. Imagine if the FBI was investigating Antifa and Liberty didn't give them the code, everyone would be out with their pitchforks.

If anybody wants to get rid of their Liberty safe, I'll give you 50% of new for one. :D

All restraints (of safes) are temporary. Everything can be defeated, Norad, Fort Knox (the place not the safe), etc. What I am hoping with my gun safes is the smash and grab can't easily get to it. My noisy neighbor who works from home is probably the best alarm system as he text me when he see anything unusual. The other neighbor, who has since moved, actually call the cops and they caught 2x people trying to break into or steal cars.
QuangTri

Post by QuangTri »

Just swap out the lock for a dial mech one. Not that big a deal if you are good with your hands and tools. Set you own combo and no one knows it but you.