Home alarm systems

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
Tenring
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Home alarm systems

Post by Tenring »

cool arrow wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 1:29 pm
electrohawk wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 12:31 pm I too went with Ring. Went with the Yearly $100 as well, as it covers as many camera's / devices as you want. Storage of video is on their site, so even if they steal your camera's there is still evidence. Also, with a police report for a stolen Ring item, Ring will replace it free.
That $100/yr was a big selling point for me versus Cox.

If you opt in for the neighborhood function in the RING app, it will give you local crime reports too. I opened the area to 5mi radius and was blown away by how many things are going on in my neighborhood. I will NEVER go without an alarm again after the posts that I see.
Agreed - the neighborhood function is very good to see what is happening around you, here in Cave Creek we get a lot of Bobcat and Havilina sightings.

cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

we have a bunch of Javelina and Bobcat sightings too, as well as a TON of car break-ins and lately, mail thefts
mbaza3

Post by mbaza3 »

If you or a family member is tech savy the Samsung Smarthings hub is really great without a monthly cost. You get a hub and then add on door/window sensors, motion sensors, etc. so it is highly customizable.
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

cool arrow wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 1:29 pm
electrohawk wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 12:31 pm I too went with Ring. Went with the Yearly $100 as well, as it covers as many camera's / devices as you want. Storage of video is on their site, so even if they steal your camera's there is still evidence. Also, with a police report for a stolen Ring item, Ring will replace it free.
That $100/yr was a big selling point for me versus Cox.

If you opt in for the neighborhood function in the RING app, it will give you local crime reports too. I opened the area to 5mi radius and was blown away by how many things are going on in my neighborhood. I will NEVER go without an alarm again after the posts that I see.
I went with ring too especially when Costco had a great deal. But for some reason there is something in my house that blocks the z wave signal. The keypad constantly disconnects along with some of the sensors. Ring even sent another base station with the same results. Troubleshot for over an hour with a rep, couldn’t find an issue. They said radios, scanners....could block the signal but we do not have any of those. Anyone else have that problem?

Got the peephole doorbell and it works pretty good. Sometimes it will get tripped by a car in the street and usually has a slight delay when someone walks up to the door.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Dauph wrote: March 28th, 2020, 10:49 am I went with ring too especially when Costco had a great deal. But for some reason there is something in my house that blocks the z wave signal. The keypad constantly disconnects along with some of the sensors. Ring even sent another base station with the same results. Troubleshot for over an hour with a rep, couldn’t find an issue. They said radios, scanners....could block the signal but we do not have any of those. Anyone else have that problem?

Got the peephole doorbell and it works pretty good. Sometimes it will get tripped by a car in the street and usually has a slight delay when someone walks up to the door.
There might be a Ham radio operator somewhere around you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/33-centimeter_band
Dauph

Post by Dauph »

Flash wrote: March 28th, 2020, 11:40 am
Dauph wrote: March 28th, 2020, 10:49 am I went with ring too especially when Costco had a great deal. But for some reason there is something in my house that blocks the z wave signal. The keypad constantly disconnects along with some of the sensors. Ring even sent another base station with the same results. Troubleshot for over an hour with a rep, couldn’t find an issue. They said radios, scanners....could block the signal but we do not have any of those. Anyone else have that problem?

There might be a Ham radio operator somewhere around you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/33-centimeter_band
Took the base outside and ring could see the signal strength go way up. Seems like something inside the house but not sure what. Removed the battery from the wired in old system so that’s not an issue. Moved the base all over the house to see if that helped, nothing much.
Dace

Post by Dace »

When we first moved into the house we had every door and window armed by a guy here in Chandler. He is awesome and answers my texts in minutes when needed. Its through the alarm.com company and app. So everything is connected to it including light, the alarm system and the garage door. Its been awesome. If you want his name and number let me know.