North Phoenix crime increase.

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
Desert Rat
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: North Phoenix crime increase.

Post by Desert Rat »

It seems that it is becoming more common these days, I am always harping on my wife and kids to lock all doors at all times.
I drilled a hole in my garage door track and put a padlock in it, no way they are getting that up without a rukus!

338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

A mile and a half from my house. Cleaned her out for over 6 hours, where's the neighbors watching? On my street this would have been noticed although it would have only been noticed be me but they would have been confronted.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoen ... our-period
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

I have lived in north Phoenix for over 30 years with my last home at 26th ave Greenway.

On my last trip back I booked the LA Quinta right there as it was cheap and close to my dads as I was back because of heart attack and bypass.

Anyways, I spent a good deal of time all over the area up to union hills.. over to pv mall area and west to nearly arrowhead area. The place has quickly gone to s***. I'm back and forth several times a year but this is the first time in a few years I spent lots of time looking around. Scary for sure. I wouldnt pick ther to live anymore and when we come back for good we'll be going way further north or north west.
nimrag

Post by nimrag »

I saw the guy with the, to honest to steal sign. He was at 19th ave and Glendale.

I was worried about forgetting to close the garage door. I installed an opener that closes automatically at a set time. Mine closes after 1 minuet.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

I am the only house on my street not to have a opener on my garage door. Mine has never been left up. Caught a guy on a bike on the street north of me yesterday eyeballing a garage with a open door. I know the people so I called her and she comes out as he is riding his bike up her driveway. Stopped two porch pirates in the last week as well.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

Crippledtrigger wrote: August 8th, 2018, 5:48 am I have lived in north Phoenix for over 30 years with my last home at 26th ave Greenway.

On my last trip back I booked the LA Quinta right there as it was cheap and close to my dads as I was back because of heart attack and bypass.

Anyways, I spent a good deal of time all over the area up to union hills.. over to pv mall area and west to nearly arrowhead area. The place has quickly gone to s***. I'm back and forth several times a year but this is the first time in a few years I spent lots of time looking around. Scary for sure. I wouldnt pick ther to live anymore and when we come back for good we'll be going way further north or north west.
Supposed to be a big meeting about it tonight but I am not wasting my time, nothing but we are doing our best when they are ignoring the problem. Homeless camp on Union Hills west of 31st ave.

The whole town is having the same problems, even Arrowhead and Anthem.
664e89034db0e57d8a806708b62164a2.jpg
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

When I leave my house I usually drive a circle around the street to the west of me and the south of me looking for people parked who do not belong. I missed these two homeless effs this morning urban camping across the street from my house where my neighbor died a few months ago. Dog has went after them before and he caught their scent this morning and I was able to disturb their sleep. To the cops and emts on here stop saving these people when they od, heroin addiction is a self solving problem if you would stop meddling in it and saving their asses. Oh I forgot they crapped in the yard next door to this one.

43251585905_a32771b775_b.jpg
43251585905_a32771b775_b.jpg
Attachments
30290490848_6bb87e940b_o.jpg
30290490848_6bb87e940b_o.jpg (52.54 KiB) Viewed 10860 times
harleypower69

Post by harleypower69 »

^ I like your dog a lot. Much respect for keeping your neighborhood clean of the trash.
338lapua

Post by 338lapua »

harleypower69 wrote: August 21st, 2018, 7:05 am ^ I like your dog a lot. Much respect for keeping your neighborhood clean of the trash.
They also camp behind a APS transformer around the corner from my house. I caught them earlier this year doing heroin behind the transformer where kids walk to school, she still had the needle in her arm. I took the dog in there and he was barking like the madman he is about 2 feet from them, they could hardly walk but they left. I made them leave their crap and go, threw it in the garbage after I found their stash. Going through their backpacks I found 7 garage door openers, 5 mp3 players, assorted cd's, these are the same assholes robbing cars in the neighborhood. I managed to return a couple garage door openers and smashed the rest.

Last winter the same guy was behind the aps box and the dog found him. He grabbed his sleeping bag and tore the hell out of it, I told the guy if you think you can take it away from the dog go for it, he went away without it.
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

I have to agree that the North Phoenix area has changed dramatically. For example, my older brother moved to the area north of the Metro Center in the very late seventies and I watched how that area changed over time.

It was a great place to live and raise his family back then but by the turn of the century it had already gotten a horrendous increase in crime. As an observer, it was apparent that the increase in drugs and vagrants over time lead to the increases in the property crime there.
mallic

Post by mallic »

They turned all the apartments around metro center to section 8 housing.

I am at 19th ave and Thunderbird, and the area is a rapidly devolving garbage dump. People are hanging out at cave creek park all hours of the night. My neighborhood itself is usually fairly quiet, but I am glad that my house has a rotating roommate schedule that means someone is there 24/7.

I go down the street to the QT at i17 and Thunderbird and there are druggies and homeless there every night. The QT at i17 and Peoria is even worse. I am amazed that no one has tried to steal the entire amazon locker off that place. People hang out there just shooting the s*** for hours at a time, even at 2 AM in the morning. Hell, I have gone to a Del-Taco at 3AM and while I was waiting in the drive-thru to get my food, have seen people openly hanging out in the parking lot smoking marijuana and doing drug deals.

As someone who grew up at 35th and Cactus and moved out to Glendale before the Glendale area went to s***, the stark differences between the neighborhoods I remember as a kid, and how the area is now are startling. It has always been a crap area in my life, but it never felt or seemed dangerous as a kid, just run down. Now I won't leave the house without my carry weapon. It's remarkable how bad the area has gotten in just the 15 years since I had lived here.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

nimrag wrote: August 8th, 2018, 11:07 am
I was worried about forgetting to close the garage door. I installed an opener that closes automatically at a set time. Mine closes after 1 minuet.
This helps especially with my wife that can forgot once you had the kids in tow etc. I have it set to alert my phone if it’s left open for a set time then close automaticity.

Saved us from forgetting a few times already. Another nice feature with the ap is I don’t have to have the opener in the vehicle. I just use the app to open and shut the door

We are in northwest Peoria but has
Some increase in theft recently too, mostly just kids walking the streets testing for unlocked doors and ransacking what they find. Amazing what people leave in their unlocked vehicles at night.

What’s also impressive is what people are obvious too in their neighborhoods. I’ve caught strange vehicles rolling down the street taking pictures of homes. Turns out it was just a realtor taking pictures of comps in the area but you never know
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

no doubt the nastiness has come to north phoenix, i've lived in the north central part for over 40 years, and watched it grow shiattier by the year. I live east of the divide so to speak, and its pretty well know our hood is watched by alot of daily homebound folks, and i'm in and out all day long, and the old gal works from home.
I made it a point to let nieghbor know if issue to call, as if home i can usually be there quicker, had some homeless trying to hang out in the hood, but we managed to run them out and keep them out, all while being only off cave creek road by a few blocks, I'm really not a nice neighbor, except in this aspect, I hate thieves and nar do wells, and make it my mission to keep them out of the area.
Cops don't do a thing, much like the traffic situation which i feel is out of control, the red light running is becoming a huge issue, especially at am and pm rush hours, folks just don't drive reasonably safe.

anyhow, if you want your area squared away, one has to take some interest in it, and work at it, if you rely on so called public officials, nothing will come of it.
Rj
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

338lapua wrote: July 20th, 2018, 7:58 pm Sucks that I have to bring this stuff up but it is getting out of control. Even some of the libtards on next door like the ones that got me banned from there are now starting to get upset. One of the ladies that helped me out the door has had her car robbed 6 times in a couple months as well as a bike stolen as well as stuff from the garage.
Recently got kicked off of next door myself, boy they really don't want to hear conservative viewpoints do they.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

I personally find it kinda funny that you all are trying to make the s*** hole that is west Phoenix sound better by calling it north.

I live in south PHX, which carries the sterotype of being "ghetto". My GF used to live on 43rd/Tbird. That hood has 10 times the scum!