Snap Safe Vault Door

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
SupportTheSecond
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Snap Safe Vault Door

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Am curious if any of our members have purchased this or a similar one. I like the fact that it secures an entire room versus just a closet or a regular stand alone safe. I'm sure it may have some weaknesses but unless someone has the time to break through an attached wall it seems like a good alternative.

It also doubles as a "safe room" for the family.

https://www.gunsafes.com/store/p/64450- ... -Door.html

knockonit

Re: Snap Safe Vault Door

Post by knockonit »

we have put a few of these in commercial applications, pretty simple install, surroundings need to be equal to door task, may ways to achieve.
all safe doors are able to be gotten past, trick is to have an alarm system to minimize time to do so. Its what the security guys share with u on buying these
Rj
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

If you are looking for a secure room I would recommend some thing a little more robust. In one of my older houses I had a 14x20 foot safe room steel door and reinforced walls.

You should consider a poured concrete wall safe room using a door like this Vault Pro1/2 inch plate in my next house.
Last edited by Cmoor on January 11th, 2022, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by XJThrottle »

It would take about 10 seconds to kick through the drywall next to the door.

If it were going into a new build (or big time remodel), I've seen where people will put thin expanded metal behind the sheetrock. Bust the drywall all to hell, but you'll need a saw to get through.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I almost built a small concealed room to be my gun safe. I till think about it now and then.

Find an area where you can do this and a hidden door and you're in business. It has to be somewhere it's not at all obvious you've got a small area there, though.

Something like 12 feet long and 3 feet deep is plenty.