Help with buying an Outside house security system

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Help with buying an Outside house security system

Post by thom »

Looking for what the best working system for the money now. Had a run-in with a neighbor across the street and I hadn't had use for one before. Usually a very quiet neighborhood.

Thanks,
Thom

Ballistic Therapy

Re: Help with buying an Outside house security system

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

This would be my recommendation.
Attachments
iu.jpeg
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

We use the Arlo system for peace of mind when we’re traveling. Their smart monitoring works pretty well to cut down on meaningless motion notifications. It will detect general motion, person, vehicle, and animal. You can set up your notifications by each group. You can also set different zones.

Half of mine are battery and half are connected to power. Depending on how much activity a camera gets, the batteries usually last 3-5 weeks.

The only thing that’s a little touchy with them is the night mode, but once you get them setup they work well. The built-in siren is kinda pointless but most alarms are pretty worthless in my opinion.
Flash

Post by Flash »

I use inside/outside here, a little of each. No battery power on the outside, I prefer solar and rechargeable batteries.

I use Reolink. Get the notifications on my cell within less than 2 seconds of someone being detected no matter where I am, here or 3,000 miles away. I can watch one of them or all of them simultaneously if I want to.

Work almost as well at night with just a little smaller detection area. The video is plenty good enough for determining facial features and other details.
thom

Post by thom »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: July 30th, 2021, 9:29 am This would be my recommendation.
Thanks we have one and she is 14 years old. Getting kind of feeble but she does ok. Thinking that another pup would break my heart as she is having problems now.
Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

I use Wyze Cam v3. About 30 bucks plus an additional card. Waterproof. You get motion and/or sound alerts to your phone. It saves 14 days of film in the cloud for free.