COSTCO Safe

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
DOUBLE07GT
ArizonaShooting.org Member

COSTCO Safe

Post by DOUBLE07GT »

Hi. Looking at the big safe that Costco sells, and usually at a decent discounted price during the holidays. I’ve been looking for a decent safe but I don’t think I need a high-dollar safe. Is this brand any good?

Cannon 24.6 cu. ft. Sierra Executive Safe, 45 min Fire Protection

59”x36”x20”

https://www.costco.com/cannon-24.6-cu.- ... 86756.html

Ballistic Therapy

Re: COSTCO Safe

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Flash

Post by Flash »

I don't have one of those Cannon safes, never have, but here's a link to the manufacturer's website where there's a lot more info about their construction.

https://www.cannonsafe.com/
TheAccountant
Banned
Banned

Post by TheAccountant »

I bought one of the Canon safes from Costco years ago. It's since been relegated to non-firearm duty, but it's fine. It's not the most impenetrable safe in the world, but as long as you bolt it down well, I'd bet 99.9% of the burglars out there aren't going to have the time or ability to get into it.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I have a half dozen or more safes of different makers, the jist is all safes can be entered, only takes about 10-15 mins and the right tools.
I have a set of cameras and an alarm system, all the safes have motion sensors inside, system alarm goes to my phone as do the feed on cameras,
any safe is better than nada, as general break in thieves won't have the time, the skil to intrude the toy box.
as for fire retardent, well, hoping i never have to find out if the 30 min, or the 45 min safe is better.
any type of lockup is good in my opinion
Rj
WRMorrison

Post by WRMorrison »

I have one of those style safes, and I like it for what it is. The only thing I've done is add interior lighting and a vertical board (for a brace) under the top shelf.

-WRM

ETA: I'm not sure what COSTCO pricing is, but I bought mine at TSC during the holidays for a pretty good price.
rockbronco

Post by rockbronco »

These are decent and if you don’t have a safe now it’s a good investment and at an affordable price. These used to be made in the states then Mexico. Not sure where they are currently made however.

Biggest thing is to bolt it down well so it cannot be moved and even better if you can shove somewhere that is harder to see and access like a closet. This way guests or anyone else that comes into you home is less likely to see it. Or
If you need to stick it in the garage build a cabinet around it or keep the box that comes with it and cut out the back so you can slide the box back over it and hid it from view.

I wouldn’t mind grabbing one as I'm in need myself.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Like RJ, I have motion detectors guarding my house, one looks at the whole room the safe is in, others look at other entry points.

All send a notification to my cell phone if someone trips them and the cops would be there before they even got started breaking into my safe.
DOUBLE07GT

Post by DOUBLE07GT »

Thanks for all the links and personal info. I really need to get one, and I will. I think the Costco Cannon safe will do just fine for my purposes. Thanks again.