Cannon Safe Input Issue

This is the forum to discuss anything related to protecting your firearms, from safes, to personal security.
smithers599
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Cannon Safe Input Issue

Post by smithers599 »

I had the same problem. Cannon agreed to send me a whole new part. However, before the part arrived, I told a friend about the problem. He said, "You know, it's a computer. Sometimes when your computer starts acting funny, if you just unplug it, and plug it back in, it works.

I removed the keypad (it comes off easily), pulled out the cord until I got to the little bitty plug, unplugged it, and plugged it back in.

It has worked since. (About 3 years.) The replacement part is still in the package.

Doc

Post by Doc »

YotaSauce wrote: May 31st, 2023, 11:43 pm Update - They got the replacement part in but they shipped it to someone's address in Nevada. I have not idea why they would do that. Contacted them again and asked them to send to me this time and expedite for the inconvenience. Let's see what happens!

So was it them or the shipper. I swear half the stuff I order goes everywhere but the direct route.
YotaSauce

Post by YotaSauce »

@Doc It was Cannon. They had the wrong address for somewhere in Nevada.

When I asked them about it they said that it was delivered and sent me a picture of a package sitting on a doorstep, not mine of course.
samnev

Post by samnev »

cool arrow wrote: April 18th, 2023, 1:54 pm ^^^ I second this. Once batteries get weak, they get hinky.
I agree. 4 years after I got it 1 of my Liberty safe digital locks required several attempts to unlock it. Replaced battery, problem gone. I only use Dural Cells in all my appliances.
YotaSauce

Post by YotaSauce »

UPDATE**

I was able to finally get the replacement parts for this unit.

It was easy to install and is now working just fine. No errors anymore.

The replacement part was "smaller" than what the came out of the Safe. I was assured that the replacement is the correct part. The "smaller" part is the new part that was installed.

With the hiccup of sending to the wrong address, the unit is working the way it should now.
Attachments
IMG_6452.jpg
IMG_6450.jpg
IMG_6454 (1).jpg
Doc

Post by Doc »

Hope it doesn’t fail again.