Ad Blocker

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ad Blocker

Post by admin »

There aren't any ad on the site yet.

However, the notice will only come up if you are blocking at least one element on the site. I too run an ad blocker... two, actually (uBlock Origin and Adblock Plus) and I have them disabled on AZS among a few other sites. If I have them completely disabled for the site, I don't get the messages. If I have them only partially disabled, I do get the notices.

Harrier
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Harrier »

I use NoScript, Ghostery, privacy badger and decentraleyes...
Some of them are blocking a few things here but for the most part are open... I don't get any notifications.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

I run AdBlocker Plus even on this forum. I watch the little red notification and get notice that it has blocked at least six every time I'm on. Maybe there are no ads paying to be here, but popups happen every day.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

AZ Husker wrote: August 20th, 2020, 4:01 pm I run AdBlocker Plus even on this forum. I watch the little red notification and get notice that it has blocked at least six every time I'm on. Maybe there are no ads paying to be here, but popups happen every day.
Even if you don't have it enabled, you won't get the ads (if we had them) because you are a site supporter.

There are no popup ads on the site.

If you turn it off, I'd be curious to see what's different, or what it is 'blocking' as ad-related. I bet it's the persistent AZ CDL logo at the bottom of the forum... but not sure what else could even be construed as an ad...