Classified Location ????

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
Potatoes16
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Classified Location ????

Post by Potatoes16 »

I just signed up and I thought putting my location in as part of the registration process was an awesome idea. I've had to ask "location" way too many times.

needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

And remarkably many of the ads in the for sale section (often by the folks that use it the most) STILL will not list location ???? Or the location is filled with a "cute " phrase that also does not tell where their located ????
Is It a secret ????
It only breeds confusion and reluctance to respond on my part.

Like posting a price, at least a ballpark location needs to be MANDITORY when posting a for sale.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

Can't agree with you more needsmostuff, and I admit, I have been a violator of this confusing practice more than once, as recently as this week. Designating a specific area, for a sale, would be less frustrating.

So, from now on, I will add,... PHOENIX FOLK NEED NOT REPLY!!!

WHY?,... because EVERY inquiry from Phoenix folk ( for more years than I want to remember) has always resulted in a no sale because of,... OH, I DON'T GO OUT OF THE VALLEY, or, I AM ON THE EAST SIDE, OR THE WEST SIDE, AND DON'T LIKE TO GO FURTHER THAN MY SIDE OF THE VALLEY, or, IF YOU ARE EVER UP HERE IN THE VALLEY HERE IS MY ADDRESS, I DON'T LIKE DRIVING IN PHOENIX TRAFFIC.

It's almost as if folk in Phoenix think the whole state revolves around THE VALLEY.

Phoenix is 1/225th of the size of Arizona, there are more millions of Arizonians living outside of Phoenix, than inside !!!

I have lived in the Arizona dessert for almost half my life and can't quite grasp the concept that there are Arizonians who don't understand and accept that driving long distance's is just a part of living here. When I am in the mood for Sushi, it is a 225 mile round trip, Walmart is 75 mile round trip, getting my truck serviced is a 130 mile round trip,.... going to town, for a .50 cent screw I just stripped, is a 48 mile round trip.

I'm sorry, but, I think some folk from THE VALLEY need to get over themselves. And, for your stated concerns, personally, I won't fail,from now on, to add in my ads,... folk from THE VALLEY need not reply.

Maybe that will eliminate some of the "confusion" you speak of!!! :whistle:

:violin: sarcastic rant over, carry on :violin:
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

I get what you're saying, hell I pass on stuff just because it's on the west side of PHX and I don't feel like driving to go get it. Usually it's not worth the time and effort to save $50. Factor in the possibility of being stood up, bad deals happening etc and..no thanks. Made that mistake once, won't happen again.

Although I have to say, the state does kind of revolve around THE VALLEY.. There might be more people living outside PHX than in it but there aren't more people living outside THE VALLEY. than in it.

You're just used to a different type of lifestyle. (I'm not saying one is better than the other) All those things you listed, are all within 5-10 minutes of my house so driving 100-200 miles round trip for a purchase that I could buy online and have sent to my gunstore for marginally more money doesn't seem worth it.
needsmostuff

Post by needsmostuff »

Guys, all finger pointing aside the simple solution is right at hand .
Simply add your location (town name is good enough ) to your profile.
Anyone can tell at a glance if it is worthwhile to contact you.
If you want to list the area you will travel to make it happen , all the better.
Easy Squeezy Simple.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

Then we have one guy who recently put "post I'll take it and then pm for location to pick it up ".
Then when you post that you will take it he pm's you saying " you didn't word the response right so you are now on the bottom of the list ".
Personally I don't think he was actually selling anything , he just likes to play childish games.
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

superdrag67 wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 6:07 pm You're just used to a different type of lifestyle. (I'm not saying one is better than the other) All those things you listed, are all within 5-10 minutes of my house so driving 100-200 miles round trip for a purchase that I could buy online and have sent to my gunstore for marginally more money doesn't seem worth it.
Well, if you are on this site to purchase weapons from private party sales, below the cost of buying online to have sent to your gun store for marginally less money, I wish you all the best. And, I doubt very much, you would allow someone to dictate to you, how you should advertise your merchandise!

Here on this site, we seem to have some folk that read an ad and then totally ignore what it says. And then, want to tell someone else how to write the ad,... to their liking,... while, probably, not following their own damn advise 100% of the time, in their own ads.

Hey, this ain't rocket science guys,... it's Easy Squeezy Simple,... read the f***'n ad,... if you don't like what is written,.... pass it by.

IMHO,... folk should advertise their property in any damn manner they wish,... period!
superdrag67

Post by superdrag67 »

shooter444 wrote: September 4th, 2018, 9:24 am
superdrag67 wrote: September 3rd, 2018, 6:07 pm You're just used to a different type of lifestyle. (I'm not saying one is better than the other) All those things you listed, are all within 5-10 minutes of my house so driving 100-200 miles round trip for a purchase that I could buy online and have sent to my gunstore for marginally more money doesn't seem worth it.
Well, if you are on this site to purchase weapons from private party sales, below the cost of buying online to have sent to your gun store for marginally less money, I wish you all the best. And, I doubt very much, you would allow someone to dictate to you, how you should advertise your merchandise!

Here on this site, we seem to have some folk that read an ad and then totally ignore what it says. And then, want to tell someone else how to write the ad,... to their liking,... while, probably, not following their own damn advise 100% of the time, in their own ads.

Hey, this ain't rocket science guys,... it's Easy Squeezy Simple,... read the f***'n ad,... if you don't like what is written,.... pass it by.

IMHO,... folk should advertise their property in any damn manner they wish,... period!
I think we're saying the same thing but maybe my wording was weird. I meant by the time I paid for it online and had it shipped to my gunstore and paid the FFL fee that the gunstore would be slightly more expensive than buying it locally.

I don't have a problem with how people want to put their ads but often times I can go buy what I want brand new for $50-75 more so trying to work out a deal with someone isn't always worth the hassle. That's not to say I haven't gotten plenty of good deals on AZS in the past, because I have.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative at all, just pointing out the other side of things. :D
shooter444

Post by shooter444 »

superdrag67 wrote: September 4th, 2018, 5:44 pm
I think we're saying the same thing but maybe my wording was weird. I meant by the time I paid for it online and had it shipped to my gunstore and paid the FFL fee that the gunstore would be slightly more expensive than buying it locally.

I don't have a problem with how people want to put their ads but often times I can go buy what I want brand new for $50-75 more so trying to work out a deal with someone isn't always worth the hassle. That's not to say I haven't gotten plenty of good deals on AZS in the past, because I have.

I wasn't trying to be argumentative at all, just pointing out the other side of things. :D

------------------------------

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear,... the FIRST paragraph in my reply, was to you! All the following paragraphs were just my opinion statements to the general Folk.

I didn't consider you argumentative at all,... again, sorry if I made it seem like I did.