Site outage this evening...

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site outage this evening...

Post by admin »

The forum software was updated this evening.

Apologies for the unannounced downtime that lasted for approximately 90 minutes while I updated the forum software to the current release.

You may have noticed that ArizonaShooting.ORG was unreachable on Monday, January 6th from approximately 5:30 PM to appx 7:00 PM.

It wasn't you... it was us... well, me. My most sincere apologies.

Figured you may want a forum to complain, vent frustrations, etc.

Normally, I try to announce planned outages ahead of time, but needed to slip this one into a small window. I thought it would go seamlessly, but the web forum gods had other ideas. I was very close to reverting changes back and restoring (I back up hourly), but pushed on through.

This was a very big update on the back-end of the code which will allow for easier updates in the future.

One downside is that several of the features and plugins I've added need to be updated, so I had to disable them. I think I got them all, but if you notice an error or bug, please post it here so I can look at it and address.

Thanks!