One-time support for site?

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
Racewin
ArizonaShooting.org Member

One-time support for site?

Post by Racewin »

Is it possible to do a single gift rather than a monthly through Patreon? Not necessarily for any special perk (though I think that is a good idea for the monthly crew), but just to show support for the site?

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One-time support for site?

Post by admin »

I'm really trying to avoid PP. There isn't a dedicated one-time option via Patreon, but here's what they suggest:
For now, the best way for a patron to [provide] a one-time pledge is to become a patron, and simply delete your pledge after you've been successfully charged or after the first of the month. You'll know when that happens because you'll receive an email confirmation right after the 1st of the month or when you've been charged that says your pledge has successfully processed.
I believe there is an option to select an amount on Patreon that isn't one of the pre-defined one's I've put up as well.
Racewin

Post by Racewin »

I'll look again . The custom field looked to be locked in to a "per month" and not have a "one-time" option, but I may have not looked hard enough.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It is. Per the above recommendation, if you go to the link for the ArizonaShootig.ORG Patreon site, you can scroll to the bottom and select a "custom pledge" amount - anything from $1 on up, and then just cancel it after being charged. That's how they suggest you do a one-time amount.