Classified Ad Rules
Yes, this site has classified ads on it. No, you may not be able to see them yet. Stick around. Participate in the discussion forums. Get to know others in the community and eventually, you will be able to see more forums on this site, including the classified ad portions.
Once you have access to them, if you participate in the classified ad section of this forum, you agree to abide by the following - and failure to do so may result in your access to the classified ads or the entire forum being revoked indefinitely:
This site does not exist for the sole purpose of promoting the free-market exchange of legal goods and services, but rather the intent is to unite a community of like-minded enthusiasts within the State of Arizona and provide a means whereby each of us can communicate and interact with each other. To that end, we strongly encourage everyone to participate in the forums outside of the classified ad sections. At this time, we do not intend to regulate access to the classified ad sections of the forums, beyond requiring forum registration and login using a valid email address. Depending upon how usage goes, we may opt to change the requirements to access the classified ad section if we feel that it is being abused or taken advantage of to the detriment of the larger community. Short of policing every transaction, which is something the moderators and administrators are unable to do, this subjective policy has been created, hopefully for the benefit of all involved and will help to maintain a trust and satisfaction while participating in the classifieds here. This does not replace common sense in dealing with someone that you do not know. Do your own research.
Additionally, as a reminder for those who use the classifieds:
- The classifieds are not discussion forums. Except in rare circumstances, the only one to post in the ad should be the seller.
- If you have a question for the seller, you can either PM them or post it up in the forum, especially if it's a question that might be of general interest to others. This doesn't mean, though, you can post questions like: "Did you know you can get it for less at ABC store?" or similar.
- Purchase offers should be done via PM or via email. An "I'll take it" or "PM [or email] sent" is fine to post.
- All ads must have a clear value posted, either a cash purchase price or a trade value. Ambiguous values or "best offers" are not appropriate and will result in your ad being deleted. This is not an auction site.
- Do not "crap" on ads!
What is "ad crapping"? It's quite simply, anything negative within the ad posted by someone other than the seller. Examples of "ad crapping" include:
- prefacing your comment with "Not to be a jerk..."
- writing "yeah, but you can buy it for $X at <insert store name here>"
- writing comments about a poor experience with the seller, like "This guy is a liar and ripped me off" ...that's what the Feedback section is for.
If you have any doubt as to if something is crapping, it probably is.
Legitimate questions about an item, such as color, condition, model, "are you sure it's a Whizbang #3, it looks like their #2", or any question that deals with the ITEM and the SALE, are OK. Questioning the seller's parentage, whether you think the price is fair, or whether the seller used an American flag for a backdrop is NOT OK. That's what PMs are for.
You risk losing not only access to the classifieds, but having forum membership revoked by not following the guidelines here.
If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask a moderator or administrator.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1