Can you add Subscriptions and Bookmarks to "Quick Links" menu?

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
Mr_Maim
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Can you add Subscriptions and Bookmarks to "Quick Links" menu?

Post by Mr_Maim »

admin, like the former iteration of this forum, the Subscribed Threads (and now Bookmarks) are buried in the User Control Panel area.

Many, if not most forums now have it in the header toolbar below the banner, or in a pull-down menu in the header toolbar just below the banner (see AR15.com, CalGuns.net Gunboards,com, HKPro.com, UziTalk.com, 1919a4.com, I can go on, and on...) but here I have to click my Profile Pulldown, go to User Control Panel, wait..... then click on Manage Subscriptions, wait....

Can you just add direct jump links for Subscriptions and Bookmarks to the Quick Links menu?

Also, IMO, "The Team" and "Members" are clutter in that menu and don't really need to be in a Quick Links menu, and are also available at the bottom right of the forum. Also, Chat Center is in that menu and is also immediately to the right of the pulldown menu on the header toobar.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Can you add Subscriptions and Bookmarks to "Quick Links" menu?

Post by admin »

I've added "Subscriptions" and "Bookmarks" to the Quick links menu.

Chat Center is featured in several areas, as it's a utility that gets very little use right now, but I'd like people new to the forums to be aware of it, so that's very intentional that it's in many locations.

Having links to the site mods and members in general is also intentional. Was based on how often the various pages were used previously, so I will leave them for now.
Mr_Maim

Post by Mr_Maim »

Awesome, just came back and hit the pulldown and BOOM! There they were!

I completely understand your points for Chat, Mods, and Members.

Thanks for the quick change!
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

FYI, I made a slight change to this one. I decided to remove them from the quick links on the left and put a new "Extra Quick Links" on the right with those and some others I will drop there. The way I coded the site, it just makes it easier for me to make changes over there without disrupting the overall flow.
Mr_Maim

Post by Mr_Maim »

Funny, I came here, clicked the "Quick Links" pulldown and said out loud WAAAAAAIIT A MINUTE!!

Thanks for posting here. I think I like this solution better. ;) It'll be a week before I get used to it. :lol: