"You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic"

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
SniperHF
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

"You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic"

Post by SniperHF »

Hey all, I was on the old site and recently found this one.

As a suggestion I think you should get rid of this on all the firearm discussion forums:

I'm sure the goal is to encourage people to sign up, but I think it would be better long term to have the firearms sections public.

The idea being more posts = more search results = more eyeballs = more members.

If someone asks a question in the OP, the answer won't be shown to the lurker and I think instead of signing up to see it they'll likely just keep searching.

Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: "You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic"

Post by Flash »

Not everyone knows how to run a forum properly.
XJThrottle
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: "You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic"

Post by XJThrottle »

It's free to register.
Super Trucker

Post by Super Trucker »

If somebody is to lazy to go through a short registration, I doubt they will have much to add to the community.
Flash

Post by Flash »

Super Trucker wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:49 am If somebody is to lazy to go through a short registration, I doubt they will have much to add to the community.
I always spend some time reading threads before joining a forum. That way I know if the people there are mainly aholes or good people and whether they ban people for disagreeing or only for more heinous offenses.

I'm sure there are a lot of people doing the same thing I am and no, I won't go back there. The guy is obviously trying to boost his member numbers and it's undoubtedly for personal gain.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Flash wrote: October 9th, 2018, 12:05 pm
Super Trucker wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:49 am If somebody is to lazy to go through a short registration, I doubt they will have much to add to the community.
I always spend some time reading threads before joining a forum. That way I know if the people there are mainly aholes or good people and whether they ban people for disagreeing or only for more heinous offenses.

I'm sure there are a lot of people doing the same thing I am and no, I won't go back there. The guy is obviously trying to boost his member numbers and it's undoubtedly for personal gain.
lol