A new FORUM suggestion

Having trouble with something related to the site? Have a good suggestion on how we can improve? Feel free to post it here. We can't guarantee we'll get to it, but we will read it! Site code of conduct and use agreement/rules also here.
Winmagbill
ArizonaShooting.org Member

A new FORUM suggestion

Post by Winmagbill »

Like to suggest a new forum; NEW GUN OWNER.

There are a lot of new owners and they need guidance. Just go to Rio for an afternoon! The whole use of a gun topics like: ownership, responsibilities, care, perhaps even site navigation are a mystery. These people can be our greatest ally in future gun rights issues and I suggest we bring them on board. OF COURSE all the info is out there, probably on this board already. Let’s make it easy to find. Let’s keep all the “How do I load a clip?” Questions in one place. Let’s have links to How-to-videos, lawyers, classes, local ranges, a new shooter meetup, what to expect at a range, shooter etiquette for outdoors, why no one will tell you their favorite outdoor shooting location, a link to gun rights groups.

Maybe we could keep it friendly (no trolls), no politics (other than 2A)

I have 2 friends that bought their first gun and I’m their new expert. These are individuals that 2 years ago would have voted anti-gun. Today they are Pro. We need to keep them there. Eventually I think the fear that motivated them to buy will fade and we’ll all have an opportunity to pickup some lightly used guns and ammo in the classifieds. More importantly they need to recognize how vital it was for them to go out and buy a gun IF they want to without government interference.

Boriqua

Re: A new FORUM suggestion

Post by Boriqua »

Not a bad idea bill and maybe that board gets a heavier hand of moderation so as not to scare em off. Of course that means more work for the guys moderating sans pay.

Have you sent your new charges here yet?

If only someone would come along asking advice on any of the things new gun owners or reloaders might benefit from asking. That would be refreshing.

Seems to me all the new posters post is ... "How can I sell my sh*t here at inflated prices" now that armslist is closed.
Last edited by Boriqua on November 24th, 2020, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cool arrow

Post by cool arrow »

Boriqua wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:47 am
Seems to me all the new posters post is ... "How can I sell my sh*t here at inflated prices" now that armslist is closed.
BINGO :doh:
xerts1191

Post by xerts1191 »

:clap:
paulgt2164

Post by paulgt2164 »

Boriqua wrote: November 24th, 2020, 9:47 am Seems to me all the new posters post is ... "How can I sell my sh*t here at inflated prices" now that armslist is closed.
Perhaps we need a new subforum called "ThUnderDoME" where all the inflate-a-price dingleberries can fight it over about who has the best $4900 "custom" Glock?