Armslist Commits Suicide

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Sod
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Armslist Commits Suicide

Post by Sod »

They should just charge $50 to everyone who asks “is this still available”! They would make 10 million $ a day.

By the way, yes it is still available, that’s why it’s posted🙄

freefly

Post by freefly »

Sod wrote: October 27th, 2020, 4:54 pm They should just charge $50 to everyone who asks “is this still available”! They would make 10 million $ a day.

By the way, yes it is still available, that’s why it’s posted🙄
And then charge an additional $50 to everyone who ghosts you after you reply "yes, it's still available".
That would net them an extra $10 million a day.
Stray Horse

Post by Stray Horse »

Too many scammers on Armslist. 👋
tunnug

Post by tunnug »

speaking of "is it available" I was in the market for a trailer, found one that said "texts that ask is it available WILL BE IGNORED", I wanted it so I said so and asked for meeting details, he texted back "sorry, it sold, forgot to take down add", now you know why people ask...........

You can change trailer to gun with the same outcome.
gunpoorboy1

Post by gunpoorboy1 »

Tried Armslist one more time today. Without paying their fees you cannot sell, buy, ask questions, make an offer, etc. Now today it looks like they changed their format and when you click on the original ad to open it to at least get a better look at the item, it moves the item so far to the left that you can't even recognize it. Ok, I'm done. I've already sold 2 items on Back Page since they started this so it doesn't look like I'll miss them too much. For you guys that are paying, good luck getting anyone to even look, let along buy.
bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

Yep, stick a fork in Armslist, it's done. I do like the Gunsarizona site, hopefully it gets more traffic.
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

It is a shame they went this way. Once backpage got nuked, for the most part in Tucson, it is the only game in town. I have always had good experiences on there with the exception of one odd ball response.

Guy was selling a 43x with 1 reg mag and a shield 15 rounder and had upgraded the release button. Had it for a fair price and sent him and email and included my phone number and said text only. Very difficult to take a phone call at work. Text is fine.

I get this text from the guy that he wouldn't sell me the gun because I said text only and he doesn't do business that way. I texted back and said no offense intended and I was happy to take voice call after I got off work.

Get a response text saying "Shame you missed out on this gun, you were the first to respond."

It was very odd, no idea what they were all worked up about.
fell

Post by fell »

no loss, rip
bldr60

Post by bldr60 »

Just posted my first ad on Guns Arizona. $1.00 for 30 days. Their payment processing is through Pay Pal. Who in the heck thought that was a good idea?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

bldr60 wrote: November 7th, 2020, 6:03 am Just posted my first ad on Guns Arizona. $1.00 for 30 days. Their payment processing is through Pay Pal. Who in the heck thought that was a good idea?
$1 for 30 days is a bargain. PayPal is the most widely used online payment service, so that's no surprise. If it keeps scammers off the site, I'll gladly pay $1.
Cbvanb
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by Cbvanb »

That’s interesting. I thought PayPal wouldn’t accept anything gun related.
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Cbvanb wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:36 am That’s interesting. I thought PayPal wouldn’t accept anything gun related.
The PayPal payment is paying for a site subscription, and not guns, gun parts or ammo, so it's okay. I don't like PayPal for their anti-2a stance, but I have found them to be a necessary evil for the time being.
Rock Hardson

Post by Rock Hardson »

$1 a month fee will not keep the scammers away. LOL
AZ_Five56

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Rock Hardson wrote: November 7th, 2020, 10:50 am $1 a month fee will not keep the scammers away. LOL
I 100% agree with this. Unfortunately, they're scamming enough people a month that this is a bargain.

The only way to get the scammers out is to make profiles with a rating system. AR15.com has a good system for that, and we have a rating system here with some barriers to entry, but I don't know why none of the gun classified sites will implement something like this. It's the same reason Craigslist pretty much died.
Remow2112

Post by Remow2112 »

Where did you see $1 a month? All I see is a subscription option on 3.99 ACH (checking account) or 6.99 if you use a credit card. Don't even see a paypal option.